Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is it not possible to make a slightly more plat friendly agreement with steam?

BloodKitten

Question

im not asking to get tennogen for plat as it come out, but maybe have it available for real currency for the firt 6-12 months, and transition to platinum afterward, people that want to support the creators can buy it early, while people that dont really have good income and trading for platinum or winning it from devstreams, can get tennogen items after a sizeable DElay.

6 answers to this question

How would it work though?

The value of platinum on PC is completely fluid, unlike on consoles. Therefore the value of items that cost plat is also fluid.

When you're paying the Workshop creator a set percentage of each sale (which is also a set price) how do you carry that over to a non-stable currency? You can't offer them a percentage of each sale, because no one actually knows what the value of plat is on PC and thus what that percentage would value at.

If DE continue to offer the same amount to the creator for each sale, then there's a chance that they won't profit or may even take a loss overall. For every person who already has the plat to purchase a Tennogen, DE would take a loss when they then give the creator some money. You also have to consider that this wouldn't actually increase plat sales by much either, because anyone spending money on plat to get these skins also has the money to just... buy these skins.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

How would it work though?

The value of platinum on PC is completely fluid, unlike on consoles. Therefore the value of items that cost plat is also fluid.

When you're paying the Workshop creator a set percentage of each sale (which is also a set price) how do you carry that over to a non-stable currency? You can't offer them a percentage of each sale, because no one actually knows what the value of plat is on PC and thus what that percentage would value at.

If DE continue to offer the same amount to the creator for each sale, then there's a chance that they won't profit or may even take a loss overall. For every person who already has the plat to purchase a Tennogen, DE would take a loss when they then give the creator some money. You also have to consider that this wouldn't actually increase plat sales by much either, because anyone spending money on plat to get these skins also has the money to just... buy these skins.

wich is why i figured having a delay from the time it go in the game would balance it, i do want to support the creators, but not everyone can do so, a skin could cost 500 platinum alongside the real currency price, but for the first year it would only have the real currency as an option, afterward, people can decide if they want to pay alot of plat for a skin, or use real currency wich is cheaper in terms of real money to plat conversion.

Just now, BloodKitten said:

wich is why i figured having a delay from the time it go in the game would balance it

Like I said, I don't see how that would work I'm afraid. That, to me, doesn't even remotely seem like a balancing factor to this, and it doesn't solve any of the above issues.

It's unfortunate that it's like this, but if we want to continue getting great Tennogen then we need to treat the creators fairly.

There is a solution to "Tennogen being too expensive"

1. Open a bank account and get a bank card

2. Get a job/save your allowance/get money somehow

3. Put money into bank

4. Buy Tennogen.

There is perfectly nothing wrong with spending money online. If you aren't old enough to make a bank account most likely you aren't old enough for Warframe (I mean one can open an account at 18 at my country so I don't see why not).

If one wants to be "cheap" and play Warframe Free to Play exclusively ... one has to bear with the consequence of said decision.

Edited by Guest

On 2018-11-24 at 8:02 PM, Datam4ss said:

There is a solution to "Tennogen being too expensive"

1. Open a bank account and get a bank card

2. Get a job/save your allowance/get money somehow

3. Put money into bank

4. Buy Tennogen.

There is perfectly nothing wrong with spending money online. If you aren't old enough to make a bank account most likely you aren't old enough for Warframe (I mean one can open an account at 18 at my country so I don't see why not).

If one wants to be "cheap" and play Warframe Free to Play exclusively ... one has to bear with the consequence of said decision.

i have a bank account, and i have alot of platinum i bought or got from prime access that i cant use it on anything, what i am rather lacking of lately is my income, i save enough to get prime access, and i use a prepaid card wich need a minimum of 60$ when charging it.

consoles get tennogen for platinum, so i want a fair treatment, atleast make it so console users will have to buy tennogen in the same way, then i wont have any complaints about it.

47 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

i have a bank account, and i have alot of platinum i bought or got from prime access that i cant use it on anything, what i am rather lacking of lately is my income, i save enough to get prime access, and i use a prepaid card wich need a minimum of 60$ when charging it.

consoles get tennogen for platinum, so i want a fair treatment, atleast make it so console users will have to buy tennogen in the same way, then i wont have any complaints about it.

Don't make your lacking income someone else's problem, sorry. Put whatever amount of $60+ into the steam wallet then, then you can get prime access and tennogen through Steam.

There was a time when I was unemployed and money was an issue. It felt bad that I couldn't buy some tennogen stuff I liked, but that's how life goes. When I got a new job, I bought some of the things I wishlisted.

Consoles have a different system. Either system is fair. You want to buy Tennogen stuff with plat? Make an account on console. Otherwise, work and save money like the rest of us. That's life.