The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Stuck Between A Rock And Some Annoying Game Code.

Justin_Case001

I'm sure at least some of you have run across this one.  You're running through the void.  You come to that room with the dual sheets of floor ice, and you try to wall run and fly over 'em, only to land in the little white tree planter thing and become stuck.  You get completely wedged and cannot move.  You try and try for 10 minutes or so, doing every key combo imaginable and you simply cannot move.  That has to be one of the most enraging things in all of gaming.  Am I right, or am I right?  With how far gaming technology has come, I find myself often wondering why almost no game seems to be able to address the problem of getting yourself wedged in a tree or something.  Can't count the number of times I got wedged in some rock crevice in Skyrim.  The only way out was to transform into the werewolf because your hit box becomes bigger, so the game sort of expells you from the crevice.  Can't do that in Frame, that's for sure.

At any rate, I understand the pain.

I don't think the issue is that they lack the capability to code a fixaround for this.

It's more that these are little loopholes and problems they have yet to cover.

DE's Warframe Dev team has a lot on their plate(s) right now.

Best we can do for now is try not to repeat our mistakes.

Cheers. (stay cool. patience is the #2 most useful skill in this game)

Edited by LadyScootaloo

I was about to say, give as a function to tele the warframe to the appropriate track. But I think it was discussed before, does anyone know?

NEVER ANY UNSTUCK feature, Scott straight up said he'd rather people find bugs like this and they be FIXED instead of just skirting around the issue by giving the player that power.

I wouldn't call this a code issue, more like a design/layout problem which is my department, well at least for the room you described in your original post. Anyway, I'm going to have a look at this area and fix it so that you can no longer get stuck, should be in for the next update.

Definitely continue to call out areas where you can get stuck, we appreciate it and want to fix them just as badly as you guys want us to fix them.

I wouldn't call this a code issue, more like a design/layout problem which is my department, well at least for the room you described in your original post. Anyway, I'm going to have a look at this area and fix it so that you can no longer get stuck, should be in for the next update.

Definitely continue to call out areas where you can get stuck, we appreciate it and want to fix them just as badly as you guys want us to fix them.

Thank you very much!  Yeah, I wasn't really sure if it was a code issue.  Honestly, I was just trying to think of a snappy title for my thread.  Anyway, you guys really are doing a bang up job.  Keep up the great work!