Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penalization for Host Migrations or leaving during Arbitration missions should be implemented. Just like in League of Legends.

(PSN)Gunwilder

I suggest some penalization should be implemented during arbitrations if a player decides to abandon his/her team before getting killed, because a lot of players continue fleeing and exiting in the early stages of the mission. Its very annoying, because first and most important, the host migrations dont work properly (at least on PS4) the game gets interrupted and in many occasions it sends you to the Orbiter every time an idiot deserts instead of letting you continue with the mission. Sometimes the reconnection is not possible. And second, arbitrations are supposed to be for players who have being played for a long time, not noobs who run away or flee because they dont like their teams. If players want a good team there is a recruiting channel for that purpose. Or they can look for good players on their clans or alliances. Since there are new arbitrations every hour I think a measure like this is not too strict for the player community. Games like League of Legends implement a similar system if players decide to abandon their teams before the game ends.

I think optimization to the host system is due over penalties. For example the game could possibly select a second host upon group creation so in case of host crashing/leaving the second host can take over in a smoother way. While I don't know how realistic my suggestion is, it's definitely just one of many change that can be made to improve the experience.

^ Exactly. Then how about if you give us a little bit more time (lets say... 30 seconds?) to decide if the squad soothes the rest of the players or not. Because we end up finding out who we're playing with, when the mission has already started and I think the main reason players leave when the mission starts is because of that. So there is this possible solution to fix the problem. I suggest this ONLY for arbitrations, since if you apply this to every mission on the game I suppose hundreds of thousands of noobs would be excluded from missions for any reason. This could also happen to veteran players if theyre leveling up mastery and start some missions with unranked warframes or weapons. Now that I think about it, there is something healthy and inclusive about not knowing who you'll play with. It prevents segregation and exclution. So I its ok if you just leave it like that too.

Even without reworking the Networking

little things could be done to improve the existing situation.

Say grant everyone a period of invulnerability during host migration.

So often, I'll be doing just fine in an Arbitration,

someone else leaves and triggers migration

then I get killed because the Enemies don't pause during the Ship Loading Screen.