Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A change in the way we obtain corrupted mods

Xolot

Playing with a friend that still lacks the corrupted mods, I was forced to relieve the horrible farm that Corrupteds Mods can be, as so I would like to propose the following change in order to make it less tedious for the newer players (and those of us that still don't own all corrupted mods)

There are currently 4 sets of Corrupted Mods, being these Warframe, Melee, Primary and Secondary, and even though the bug of equipping all 4 keys made it easier to farm for solo players, truth is that is a pain to get the mod you want from a pool of up to 23 mods. So I propose that they separate each set of corrupted mods, and tie them to each Dragon key. Although for this to work, they would probably have to create more dragon keys, with different debuffs, what would also be a bonus for those that enjoy using a dragon key in order to handicap themselves.

The result would be that in order to get Corrupted Warframe mods (for example), you would need to carry at least 1 of the following: 

Hobbled Dragon key (Related to Warframe mods)

New Dragon key (1) (Related to Warframe mods)

New Dragon key (2) (Related to Warframe mods)

New Dragon key (3) (Related to Warframe mods)

When a player has 1 key related to one of the possible corrupted mods, the vault adds those mods to the possible droptable. Naturally, the same player, or even another one, could decide to bring one key related to another set of Corrupted Mods, but that would be counter intuitive, as it would dilute the drop table by adding more possible Corrupted Sets, and also would need to bring all other 3 of that same set in order to be ready for every kind of keyhole, adding even more crippling debuffs due to the addition of new Dragon Keys

Edited by Xolot

hace 9 minutos, (PS4)mwalters33 dijo:

I don't see anything wrong with the current system for obtaining them.

You really think its ok to go over and over to the same mission in order to find a door, and inside that door hope that you can get the mod you need out of 32 mods in total?

For me it was such a chore until i got what i needed with quite a lot of luck, but for some other players, is another whole load of farm that doesn't let them get necessary mods to improve their builds. I know that Farmframe can be quite the chore sometimes, but I see nothing wrong in making the system if only a bit more easy on the new players

Il y a 17 heures, Xolot a dit :

You really think its ok to go over and over to the same mission in order to find a door, and inside that door hope that you can get the mod you need out of 32 mods in total?

For me it was such a chore until i got what i needed with quite a lot of luck, but for some other players, is another whole load of farm that doesn't let them get necessary mods to improve their builds. I know that Farmframe can be quite the chore sometimes, but I see nothing wrong in making the system if only a bit more easy on the new players

There are currently 23 Corrupted mods, meaning you have about 4.348% to get what you want upon opening the vault.
Considering you have 100% chances to get a mod once you found the vault, 4.348% to get what you want is definitely ok compared to mods such as Condition Overload that drop with 0.02% on a specific enemy that is already rare.

Also, this is one of the rare farms in the game that actually reward player for using parkour to go faster.

hace 16 horas, lukinu_u dijo:

There are currently 23 Corrupted mods, meaning you have about 4.348% to get what you want upon opening the vault.
Considering you have 100% chances to get a mod once you found the vault, 4.348% to get what you want is definitely ok compared to mods such as Condition Overload that drop with 0.02% on a specific enemy that is already rare.

Also, this is one of the rare farms in the game that actually reward player for using parkour to go faster.

yep, 23, seems i switched both numbers in the post.

Thing is that those mods can be far too valuable, and far too frustrating to get. with this modification it would be a bit easier for those that still need to get it, and half as frustrating.

I do like your example about Condition Overload, another horrible RNG farmfest, but you are forgetting something, and that is that Condition Overload have an abysmal drop rate, but it is possible to transmute it, but Corrupted mods? Not really, you have to farm them and jump through loop after loop to get the one you wish.

As of now the process is:

Farm 10 void vestiges (up to 40 if you want all 4 keys)

Craft Dragon Key

Craft Derelict Key

Run Derelict mission hoping to find a door

After all these hoops you can then pray that 4% shines upon you and you don't get another Tainted Shell (personal experience)

With the proposed change we could at least narrow (minded) down the RNG for those that need to get at least one of these useful mods, instead of they just bailing out on it. Its one of the oldest RNG farmfest that remain in this game, and its quite frustrating (looking at you Mesa, but don't you dare think that i have forgotten you Stalker)

With the change i'm proposing, it would be a bit less agravating, while still being somewhat of a farm:

Farm 10 Void Vestiges

Craft Dragon Key

Craft Derelict Key

Run Derelict mission hoping to find a door

Depending on wich key group you chose ouf of the old and new ones, you would have 9'1% as lowest chance (Rifle mods, that are 11) or straight up 50% as highest chance (melee mods, that are only 2)

It is great that this farm does reward players for using parkour, but my suggestion would in no way negate that, just make it less nerve wrecking for new players.