Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Add Vaulting Maneuvers [Warning: Lots Of Images]

AtokNiiro

Creates a joke, from explanation how his "joke" isnt funny. Well done. How to derail the topics and neglect constructive criticism given beforehand.

I'm not taking criticism from someone who decided to write a paragraph about me using a joke that wasn't funny to them.

I'm only having this discussion to repeatedly bump this thread, like I said I would do. It's just that genius I have nothing to offer other then bumps.

I'm not taking criticism from someone who decided to write a paragraph about me using a joke that wasn't funny to them.

I'm only having this discussion to repeatedly bump this thread, like I said I would do. It's just that genius I have nothing to offer other then bumps.

What a contribution indeed... making fun of people who actualy have something add to the discussion...

Edited by eStecko

Yes!

Although i will disagree with "E/X" nodes infront of those objects, since it would work terrible and would not feel fluid. What would feel better, would be Assassin's Creed/Mirror's Edge/Dying Light-like fluid movement button (can be a sprint) to overcome those obstacles in fluid without breaking the movement.

I think you misunderstood my sketch; the E node was merely to indicate where in the movement pressing MELEE would make you spin or do a regular ground attack — MELEE while vaulting = spin attack; vault → MELEE = regular ground slam.

Someone has played a lot of Vector lately uh? :D

Nope, but I do a lot of parkour and freerunning IRL :P 

This is exactly the kind of gameplay updates Warframe needs.  Updates to the core mechanics and combat are long overdue.  These are the kind of changes people are gonna stick around for.. Phobos is the kind of update that is going to make people leave.  DE, get with the freaking program already.   

also why we don't have a high backflip when you press back + jump that would allow you to shoot the enemies that are charging at you

we can do high jumps forward

so why cant we do a high backflip jumps backwards?

(yeha I know we can do backward flip pressing right+shift+back but im talking about high jumping)

The exact thing I've been wanting to suggest, but couldn't because I couldn't figure out how to present it perfectly.

As they say, kudos good sir.

I am sure that DE has seen this topic. I just hope that they will make a nice little visit and post something though, or at least mention it in livestream 14 (whenever that'll be). This really NEEDS to be a thing if they want to avoid a cover system and focus on fast paced gameplay.

FYI for the Devs:

The sketch with the legs spread is known as a Split Vault, another similar vault is called the Theif Vault.

The sketch with the corkscrew melee idea is called a Screwdriver.

The 3rd sketch where you jump over an obstacle off a high ledge is a Tumble Jump, or you could do an Air Bomb, Descent Vault and Swallow Leap ( like the way Ryu Hayabusa glides in the air ).

Other variations of real Parkour moves could include the Barrel Vault, Monkey Vault, the Kong and Double Kong ( Kong is the most commonly used move for moving over waist high obstacles ), Flying Arrow, Spin Bicycle and Dash Vault. These moves keep your momentum going without losing speed.

You also have my vote on this, the amount of parkour moves is unbelievable, each move could be a mod, that way we get customize our frames alittle more, gives them much more personality.

But if they were to be mods, it should be part of a sub-mod system where it's only for things like this, so you could put a Kong, Double Kong, Air Bomb, and Flying Arrow mods.

Edited by __Kanade__

You Sir, did a great Job with this Thread! This should be implemented exactly as suggested. NO compormises, no changes, not as mod, simply as an extension to the movement set. And as an great one at that!^^ 

DE Y U NO DO THIS RIGHT NOOOOOWW????!!!!!!!

Or you can just Zorencopter all over the place, which would make this useless.

Though, I'm sure DE would just remove the Zorencopter because they thing ALL exploits need to be removed, as well as the fact that this actually might look really cool, so +1!

I'd like to suggest adding invulnerability frames or something. I dunno, actually could be really helpful.

If memory serves me right, there was vaulting in U5(but hard to time and execute), but it disappeared in the following updates for some reason.

Have you seen those Crewmen and 'neers vault over Corpus Benches? Why can't we?
This will add more ninja points to the name of Warframe.