The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Recruiting Channel Is Way Out Of Hand...

SunsetRain

Today i noticed that the recruiting channel is being spammed by people typing:
LF T3 Invites

And many other things along those lines. It's nearly impossible to recruit for a clan there with out having to spam your message to get someone to see it.

I feel that there should be a Hosting channel for this kind of thing.
so that people hosting a game would post and specify what they want and where they are playing

The reason for this topic isn't whether or not it's begging. It's about making a new channel for people Looking for a game, and having it separate from people Looking for a Clan

Edited by SputnikSkull

If you are compelled to Type "LF <random Void mission>" ... don't and go farm keys you lazy *beep* ^^

It should look like:

hosting <random mission> <slot count> w for invite

Clan XY recruiting <requisite> w for infos/invite

HerpDerp: INVITE ME

You are now ignoring HerpDerp

Do it right!

Nope

Region, if anything is for that. 

Recruiting, is literally in the title. Recruiting.

You mean like... recruiting for... a squad?

It's being used as intended.  LFG and LFC are both supposed to be in there.  Region is general random talky-talk.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

You mean like... recruiting for... a squad?

It's being used as intended.  LFG and LFC are both supposed to be in there.  Region is general random talky-talk.

80%+ people LF.. meaning they are LOOKING FOR. That's not recruiting... that's begging. ;)

Edited by Namacyst

If you are compelled to Type "LF <random Void mission>" ... don't and go farm keys you lazy *beep* ^^

It should look like:

Clan XY recruiting <requisite> w for infos/invite

HerpDerp: INVITE ME

You are now ignoring HerpDerp

Do it right!

its really hard to wisp/invite when some guys have "Unique please dont steal names" like xxXxxXBabavajava3132xxxx or others rare things...

its really hard to wisp/invite when some guys have "Unique please dont steal names" like xxXxxXBabavajava3132xxxx or others rare things...

Invite someone else then ^^ I rather invite Bob2 than X0o0laVrO0mbao0oX. If they pick a hard name then they have a hard time of finding a game ^^

80%+ people LF.. meaning they are LOOKING FOR. That's not recruiting... that's begging. ;)

I sometimes do LF like this :

LF any high level defense for fun, got most of the frames.

I dont think thats begging, I may end up actually helping a squad by bringing a well equipped frame.

Edited by rksk16it

The channel should be for hosting voids only, there's way more people needing a ride than riders, there's no reason to spam LF when you can wait and whisper the host who says LF3M and does not wait for 3 people to spam LF.

What would be even better is if there was just a Que to join void missions and as a host you could just accept randomly matched players, but since UI isn't DEs strong suit, they could just keep recruitment moderated, or make a void only channel...

Edited by VegetableBasket

Sorry if this is in the wrong area, I thought When it said Warframe, it meant the game in general.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/76859-not-a-feedback-forum-for-warframe-the-game-but-warframes-their-abilities/

Generally it's good behavior to read the stickies.  If anything, I guess this goes into UI feedback.

lol true, but LF is still related to the whole process.  If I happen to see someone saying "LF T3 MD, all frames maxed," I'm probably inviting them first if I happen to be hosting one.  Generally LF doesn't do a whole lot, but even so, it's part of the process. 

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

:l You guys.. The LF and the begging.. it has nothing to do with my point ..

It would be a million times more simpler with a :

"Clan Recruiting" and a "Game hosting" Channels.

If they were separate, the "Clan Recruiting" channel would just be empty almost all the time and the "Game Hosting" channel would be what the "Recruiting" channel is 99% of the time now.  I see no reason to do this.