Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda's minimum HP to achieve maximum passive should be 25-33%, not 1%.

NaoEthelia

Garuda's passive sounds fine on concept, but as I continue to attempt utilizing Garuda's passive, the more I realize that there are multiple things in the game that are - simply put - clashes with her passive. When I do want to keep my passive as high as possible, certain gears such as Medi-Ray, Arcane Grace which constantly heals my HP at a random rate, continues to tune down my passive when I do not want it to.

Now, I agree, I could have taken these off my gears, and the three I listed earlier on are actually a pretty negligible concern, minor annoyance at most. It is still a shame these gears became an inconvenience seeing as these gears can be a great QoL gear to many cases, but I digress. The biggest offender is when someone else brings in Rejuvenation, Sentinels with Synth Deconstruct, Nekros with Desecrate, as well as Nezha with Blazing Chakram. There is nothing you can do about them involuntarily healing you and that is not I would consider a good design. 

Let's fix, or at least alleviate that. Here is my suggestion:

By increasing the maximum HP threshold for Garuda to reach maximum potential (either 25%, 33% or maybe other numbers), it would be major QoL boon when playing with a squad member that brings passive healing along with them. Instead of having to constantly reset Garuda's passive everytime you pick up few health orbs, there would be a threshold for Garuda to still enjoy maximum passive before she needs to shed off some of her HP, effectively reducing the amount of time you have to press 3.

This suggestion also doubles to address Garuda's other common complain, if only a little: there is too much risk versus the rewards claimed. By having Garuda's lowest threshold be at least 25% or 33%, allowing your sentinel or your squad member lightly heal you can help alleviate some of the risk associated in reaping the maximum reward.

PS. I deliberately do not state healer frames such as Trinity, Harrow or Oberon as an issue for Garuda's passives as they are a straight antithesis to her passive. I do not see a problem with that as the game usually does not require a healer frame to complete, and there isn't really a way to fix that without nerfing healer frames or completely scrapping Garuda's passive.

Edited by NaoEthelia

QT doesn't change the problem that having a healing Warframe in the grp, much less her own 2, is directly detrimental to her passive.

I really feel like the passive itself should change, but giving it a higher minimum health would at least make it more usable.

3 minutes ago, lZerul said:

QT doesn't change the problem that having a healing Warframe in the grp, much less her own 2, is directly detrimental to her passive.

Trinity is one of the worst Frames to bring with Garuda because of this exact reason^^.

42 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

Trinity is one of the worst Frames to bring with Garuda because of this exact reason^^.

Uhm Broberon? It kinda hilarious how Garuda and the goat sabotage each other.

46 minutes ago, lZerul said:

much less her own 2, is directly detrimental to her passive.

It's kinda up to you to manage your own 2 deactivate it or move out of range, but i agree when it comes to health regeneration(as in over time rather than burst) from other players.

Edited by catalyst22

19 minutes ago, catalyst22 said:

Uhm Broberon? It kinda hilarious how Garuda and the goat sabotage each other.

Garuda can get easier access to energy with Oberon at least. His healing is like a Free Blood Alter so when Garuda is at low Energy, she can spam Blood Letting and gain it back. Trinity can gain her energy back with EV so she can spam blessing as many times as she want. That means Garuda’s damage buff get insta - wiped without you knowing.

Edited by GPrime96

I played with garuda for about 30 minutes before figuring out a flow that works with out any of those corrupted mods.

The kit is pretty easy, you all are over thinking it too much.

I HAVE TOO MUCH ENERGY.......then spam your 1...

I HAVE TOO MUCH HEALTH....... then spam your 3....

1 hour ago, GPrime96 said:
1 hour ago, lZerul said:

Complaining about too much healing is stupid, spam 3 to convert unused health, then 1 then 2, then 1 then 2 then repeat... Garuda is strictly a HoT healer, its a pretty effective anti dot / CC warframe.

7 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

That means Garuda’s damage buff get insta - wiped without you

1 hour ago, lZerul said:

directly detrimental to her passive.

The issue is you all believe this mechanic is pivotal to the warframe, when in reality they are just nice to haves, honestly anything more really warrants being removed.

Edited by Dabnician

1 minute ago, Dabnician said:

I Complaining about too much healing is stupid, spam 3 to convert unused health, then 1 then 2, then 1 then 2 then repeat... Garuda is strictly a HoT healer, its a pretty effective anti dot / CC warframe.

It dosen’t mean a Trinity can use Garuda’s Passive as Counter Synergy (Worse type of Synergy to have in a Warframe). A better example of gaining damage from damaging health is Chroma since he can keep his damage buff even when he’s Healing. The Damage buff Garuda got as a Passive is a joke unless you use it in the Simulacrum. 

I think it's a good idea, because only the simple aura of regeneration of life (Rejuvenation) takes away the damage of the passive and another player involuntarily is harming you ☹️.

I love Quick Thinking, but I hate that While under the effects of Quick Thinking (2 HP and losing energy instead), strong hits against you will cause 'Stagger' effect, briefly causing your Warframe to stumble in place. Be wary, as repeated strong hits can effectively stun-lock you in place until you die. Weak hits against you will not induce this effect.

I can go with this mod with garuda quietly with 2 life but the stun sometimes is very annoying. Why not remove this effect to Quick Thinking😶.

Edited by Phernok

21 hours ago, Dabnician said:

I played with garuda for about 30 minutes before figuring out a flow that works with out any of those corrupted mods.

The kit is pretty easy, you all are over thinking it too much.

I HAVE TOO MUCH ENERGY.......then spam your 1...

I HAVE TOO MUCH HEALTH....... then spam your 3....

Complaining about too much healing is stupid, spam 3 to convert unused health, then 1 then 2, then 1 then 2 then repeat... Garuda is strictly a HoT healer, its a pretty effective anti dot / CC warframe.

The issue is you all believe this mechanic is pivotal to the warframe, when in reality they are just nice to haves, honestly anything more really warrants being removed.

I wasn't complaining about too much healing, I was complaining that her Passive doesn't actually make sense because of her 2 and counter-synergy with other frames.

I like Blood Alter very much, I don't like how her passive interacts with it.

For the record, I just ignore her passive now, it is useless to me.

Edited by lZerul