Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Isn't Really Fun.

Sushin

I like playing this game, but the gameplay dries up REALLY fast. When I first started playing I felt like it might be fun if I had friends who played, and I didn't touch it for a month or so until I did get a friend, and eventually I finally played enough to finally afford a new weapon.

The only thing keeping most people playing, I believe, is not the almost non-existant co-op gameplay or mostly useless parkour manuvours, but obtaining new items. Warframe does an excellent job of making players work for their loot. People will do the same mission over endlessly, or grind planets for materials until they get the loot they want. And then of course you have to level up all the loot you get, and get enough money to upgrade all the mods.

The reason people play the game does not lay in the gameplay, but rather in acquiring loot.

Look at me in the face and tell me you haven't been sick of grinding a level at SOME point, but you had to play to get a warframe part or something. I hate it but this game simply isn't fun on it's own (for long), and unfortunately I'm caught in the trap, at least until I get a new go-to game.

I will say that soloing with new weapons gives me mild enjoyment, but in general this game is so freaking easy and unchallenging that it feels like there is no point in playing. I wish this game was made better, but the devs certainly know what they are doing to get money. Your two options are to either play the game more or pay them money to skip some grinding, and both are good for them.

Some bullet points as to why the game isn't fun:

-Extremely easy game. Combat comparable to a 40 year old body builder with a gun walking into a playground full of children for a fight. The only time the game is hard is when the enemies just have too much health and damage, which is simply artificial difficulty.

-Most of the time you can simply jump over groups of enemies and run straight past them, avoiding combat if you choose.

-The loot-centered nature of the game invites people to games who will rush past all the enemies. You can either fight them alone or also rush past them.

-No real cooperation with team mates necessary. The only actual interaction between players in a mission comes from revives, and Loki's teleport which I find hard to believe is used to ever benefit the team as a whole. (Probably a different story for Trinity but it's one sided.)

Not trying to be rude, but the easiest way to describe this game is as "mediocre grind-fest". Yes, there is enjoyment in finally getting loot where your work pays off, obviously that's why people play, but the game is simply shallow.

Not fun? Try filling a room with Bounce grenades from Vauban, then lure a mob into the room. You can then proceed to shoot the flying ragdolled enemies with a miter. That is the most fun I have had in a while bro.

Edit: I misspelled room. I put roof.

Edited by TheStag

Not fun? Try filling a room with Bounce grenades from Vauban, then lure a mob into the room. You can then proceed to shoot the flying ragdolled enemies with a miter. That is the most fun I have had in a while bro.

I like uppercutting things with flaming furax's while rocking a solid pink rhino.

What this game needs is a goal to achive after like 100 hours of playing or something... 

I'm nearing 300hrs and no, it doesn't. What this game needs is the continuous support from the developers.

They will eventually come up with a way of balancing the game, so it doesn't become a boring grind fest, with nothing more to do.

I'm nearing 300hrs and no, it doesn't. What this game needs is the continuous support from the developers.

They will eventually come up with a way of balancing the game, so it doesn't become a boring grind fest, with nothing more to do.

The game as a whole is just "get from point A to point B" or "shoot things that swarm to you" (regular missions and defense). It desperately needs more diversity. Once you've ran through one mission, you've ran through them all. I think that the developers are under the impression that the massive selection of weapons satisfy that diversity, but it doesn't. I think that this is more important than balance at the moment, as balance isn't totally important in a PvE game. (I'm not saying it's insignificant, just that the gameplay experience comes before balance.) I mean, who's going to complain that you're using an "OP" weapon? The grineer?

This game needs a skill sink.

I need to skillfully be able to complete a challenge and be more effective then someone spamming 4.

It's the gameplay that dries up due to the abilities.

I would love to see more utility abilities than just "outright kill everything in a radius". There should be a couple kill everything abilities, but not as much as there is now.

Being able to tactically manipulate your abilities to the fullest would be a sort of "skill". This would require a smarter AI though.

Loki is the frame that takes the most "skill" currently, but it's very negligible. I mean, you're either invisible the whole match or just watching a crowd chase you with their glowsticks.

Loki is the frame that takes the most "skill" currently, but it's very negligible. I mean, you're either invisible the whole match or just watching a crowd chase you with their glowsticks.

Which is why I obsess over him so much.

Although with Constitution and Energy Siphon he can, infact, spam 2.

This game is going in the wrong direction atm. It started to do that a long time ago, but we've reached the point where the only way to keep the community satisfied is copious amounts of power creep. Last patch notes had very minor nerfs, yet even those were met with a torrent of hyperbole and doomsaying. Since the devs want nothing more than to please the community, and since the most vocal of the community also happen to be the most insecure and paranoid people with absolutely no understanding of how to evolve a game, we're headed into a downward spiral of nothing but bad decisions.

And believe me, I really hope I'm wrong. I kept hoping I'm wrong since March. Haven't been so far.

So I didn't read the entire post, read like 1/4 of it but I actually like the game play of the game. That's why I play this game, or else I would play any other farming game... Like almost every other mmo or rpg out there. The framing and new equipment is just extra.

Used to be fun with the old Vortex mechanics.

I loved using bounce and vortex to get me into hard to reach areas. I was hoping maybe devs might fix the problem with Vortex affecting *other players* excluding the caster but they changed it to not affecting any players.

I feel like part of the issue lies in the skill system and unfortunately, it is probably too late for DE to do anything about it at this point. The vast majority of the abilities are designed to stand on their own which makes their usage quite unsatisfying. They do not combo with anything, they do not require any planning, they are just instant profit at the touch of a button. Warframe would be a better game if the abilities were more like the abilities in Mass Effect 3. We could combo skills together to set up various types of explosions or other stuff. Using the right ability at the right time and in the right order would actually matter.

The other issue with the game is the AI and the enemies in general. 99% of the non-boss enemies in the game can be engaged exactly the same way, which is just do run at them while firing. Again, Mass Effect 3 does a much better job at this than Warframe. The enemies in ME3 are a lot more aggressive in general. The various types of armor(Shield, Barrier and Armor) also also make it so your character will always have a weakness that someone else will have to make up for.

"is not the almost non-existant co-op gameplay or mostly useless parkour manuvours"

Non-existant co-op gameplay? Me and my clan have lots of fun defending objectives in defense, so I don't really understand this point.

As for useless parkour manouvers, again, I don't get your point here either. Navigating a level is essential in most missions that are higher level. Additionally, good parkour is the best defense against infested, so I don't agree with this statement either.

About the only thing I do agree on it's the grind, it's there, but I really don't see it as a problem.