Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The sad state of Phage

Zi-Sui

Phage is an infested shotgun which shoots 6 beams to different directions. With 100% status build it might be one of the best status weapons in game and it has quite nice stats too, you can build for crit too.

It has one major drawback however, especially for single target use: the beams just go in separate directions in a too big angle and have too short range. I think some melee weapons have bigger range when modded for range, but that's not the worst. The worst is you need to literally hug the enemy to make all beams hit one target, the spread is so big that having even one meter between you and the enemy can make some beams miss. That's less range than what melee weapons have!

So my suggestion is to make the beam spread smaller, because right now you would have to be a moron to use Vicious Spread on Phage. And other shotguns, save for Astilla maybe, can positively benefit from that mod. Phage could be a very good weapon, but right now it falls below MK1-Braton in my book.

Clearly you don't know how to use phage. You can narrow the spread on this weapon by simply zooming in. Seriously, it focuses the 7 beams into a tighter beam that you can adjust to a really tight beam just based on how long you zoom in for.

Did that just blow your mind? Because you don't know how to use this weapon, and you made that plain to see.

Well, the Phage kills level 155 corrupted heavy gunner eximus in record time, so it has to have some drawback or we might as well throw even the Tigris Prime out for being weak...

Edited by Guest

12 hours ago, GOOFBALL1 said:

Don't have to come so hard on me for not knowing the function

They aren't coming down that hard though.
They are pointing out a basic function that most people can figure out in under a minute of using the weapon if they actually, you know, used the weapon and tried to see what it did/how it worked.

Even by pure accident a lot of people will right-click while using the phage and see the beam-spread get tighter in a controllable fashion to suit fighting one target vs small groups.

It looks like you came and made this thread after five seconds of using the weapon and not trying anything or even looking it up to see if there is something that you missed.

18 hours ago, GOOFBALL1 said:

Aim for shotgun? Ok, thanks for the tip. Don't have to come so hard on me for not knowing the function, maybe you should take a vacation or something if you're stressed enough to lash out at what you dont like seeing.

No one came down on you hard for your post. Speaking for myself, I only pointed out that you clearly didn't know how to use it, and without saying anything about the fact that you obviously jumped the gun and ran to the forums to post that this weapon sucks and it's in a sad state and how awful it was, which I didn't need to point out further, because it was very plain to see.

Now, this being text, there are no emotions involved. It really only sounds bad, if you're reading it like someone was grouchy, and or being mean. If this makes any sense.

I wrote that more as a point to you jumping the gun, without taking the time to really try it out. That's called judging a book by it's cover. You would chastise yourself plenty on your own without my help.