Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning Warframe player

Rathie

Question

Hey there all!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, if not I am sorry fore the hassle.

So I haven't been playing Warframe properly since the 'Clan rail system' update, I still loved it but didn't find as much time. I've been logging on every once in a while but at some point I just had no idea what was going on anymore ahah. I decided to pick up a switch for Christmas for family games and found Warframe was on the Switch too! So I've decided to hop back on now that I've got more time in the holidays.

So to elaborate where I'm up to or what is happening. I own:

• A ship. (I remember this)
  • A random Human being living in the back of it. (I don't remember this at all)
  • My dog V2 as I remember my last one died as I forgot about it and 'Oros' threw him out of the airlock. (I remember this)
  • A space suit that I suck at flying. (I don't remember this)

So I have a few questions and if anyone feels they can give me any tips that'd be great!

So when I last logged in I had most if not all of the locations unlocked(Planet wise). I've noticed a lot of the locations are locked, is this due to them being revamped?

Are the new and old primes all still available? Or are they on some sort of rotation?

Where do you recommend for a player to start off if they've been gone for a long time?

Are void keys still used as there is a void zone on the map now?

What is the community area for?

I have so many questions and when I try to just jump in and play I get so confused it leads me to either ruining someones mission (I have no idea what to do on a rescue mission), or getting even more confused.

I've tried looking at https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki and found a few things but I am still rather confused in some areas. 

Thanks all for your time.

3 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Rathie said:

So when I last logged in I had most if not all of the locations unlocked(Planet wise). I've noticed a lot of the locations are locked, is this due to them being revamped?

Yes, clear all nodes which lead to Junctions and clear those asap. All nodes cleared also gives you access to a new game mode called Arbitrations

7 minutes ago, Rathie said:

Are the new and old primes all still available? Or are they on some sort of rotation?

Both. You can buy vaulted primes or get them through random Fissures mission (replaced Void Keys) if another player uses it.

Unvaulting is on rotation, currently Mag and Nova Prime with corresponding weapons until beginning of January. Buy/farm Banshee  Prime asap she will be vaulted on 18th December and her price will rise

8 minutes ago, Rathie said:

Where do you recommend for a player to start off if they've been gone for a long time?

Junctions. then do all the quests in the codex to get access to Operator 2.0

9 minutes ago, Rathie said:

Are void keys still used as there is a void zone on the map now?

Fissure Missions. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Void_Fissure

10 minutes ago, Rathie said:

What is the community area for?

??

10 minutes ago, Rathie said:

I have so many questions and when I try to just jump in and play I get so confused

Ask me anything here or per dm

Thank you very much for the reply, that really helps me out! 

I'll get started with the junctions as soon as possible and start on the quests. I just realised where they are and I seem to have 5 available at the moment. I just entered a void fissure and they seem like a much better way than the old keys!

With the community area I remember a while ago there were hubs that players can travel to as a for of non combat zone. I was wondering what they hold. 

Thanks again you've been a great help

5 minutes ago, Rathie said:

With the community area I remember a while ago there were hubs that players can travel to as a for of non combat zone.

There's a global armistice. So pick any Relay or Town (Cetus, Fortuna) and you should find what you are thinking of

Edited by GnarlsDarkley