Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost's Freeze Needs More Utility

Chaosrain

I find myself(and it's probably a safe bet there are lots of people in the same boat) using Freeze the least of Frost's 4 abilities. It doesn't do enough damage for single problem targets, and the freeze is lifted the second you shoot the target.

I propose making the blast slightly AOE so it functions as a CC ability more than damage(you've got Ice Wave and Avalanche for that). I think this makes it a little more energy efficient as well, so if you're say having problems with Infested running up into your grill, it'll only take a few casts to immobilize a group of them rather than having to frantically mash the living hell out of 1(or whatever cast button you use) trying to freeze each enemy individually.

Edited by Chaosrain

I also feel that it should last the full 10 seconds regardless of how much damage is done to them, or at least have a certain percentage of damage done before unfreezing prematurely due to the fact that sentinels don't stop shooting even after they are frozen, causing them to unfreeze.

but that is just me and that might be asking for too much.

Edited by Anatolius

I also feel that it should last the full 10 seconds regardless of how much damage is done to them, or at least have a certain percentage of damage done before unfreezing prematurely due to the fact that sentinels don't stop shooting even after they are frozen, causing them to unfreeze.

but that is just me and that might be asking for too much.

This is a fair suggestion, but yes it's understandable that this in addition to the original proposition would probably push Freeze into slightly OP territory.

Edited by Chaosrain

I like Freeze (it brings unique and potentially meaningful utility), but the ability really needs a couple touch-ups. 

1. No Travel Time - this causes the ability to miss a lot at longer ranges, which makes it much less useful than it should be. 

2. Clears Aggro of Effected Enemy - this will prevent sentinels (and other friendly mobs) from targeting the frozen enemy. 

3. Target is Immune to Damage - for at least the first 50% of the duration, Freeze makes the enemy invulnerable to all damage (meaning that an ally or sentinel won't undo the effect).  Either that, or the target is immune to all damage for the entire duration, except from the Frost player who used Freeze in the first place (this might lead to trolling). 

Personally, I would like the ability to have an impact AOE that freezes all targets within a (small) explosion on impact.

Those who play frost know the bane of missing that freeze by two inches and seeing NOTHING happen. 

I think with an AOE (say a meter diameter at max rank) explosion, Freeze would actually be useful.

As said before, just make it not break when the enemy is damaged, and let them be damaged fully. That would probably be the best(And easiest maybe) way to fix it. It would basically become something you throw at heavies to either focus fire on them while they can't retaliate, or take them out of the fight until you clear up the smaller mobs. If it does get to become an AoE, have a damage threshhold for it, like Iron Skin, so it freezes them fully, but if they take enough damage the ice breaks off and frees them earlier, I think that would work out pretty well, could still be used to CC groups, but wouldn't be OP by just letting you mow them all down without a care.

signed one thing for certain, it definitely needs a change.

Zylo the Wolfbane

Frost needs a complete overhaul.

NO look what they did to the vaubaun/ trinty ,  they fix with a hammer , shattering  before fixing , plz leave frost alone!!!!!

and with most players using the deth cube, the fact that it breaks on hit is dumb. 

plus most of us just forma freeze off 

NO look what they did to the vaubaun/ trinty ,  they fix with a hammer , shattering  before fixing , plz leave frost alone!!!!!

and with most players using the deth cube, the fact that it breaks on hit is dumb. 

Actually, I'd expect changes to Frost to be more similar to those made to Rhino. Nerf Snow Globe (hopefully NOT by adding a damage cap) and buff/revamp all the other abilities to be useful. Which will be great, because Rhino is about the best balanced frame in the game right now.

Also, my eyes hurt reading that.

I would change freeze like this:

Freeze is now an AoE skill, working in a 90° cone in front of you, all enemies in 4-6-8-10 meters are frozen for 2-3-4-5 seconds, they do NOT unfreeze.

(basically a change very similar to the original Mag's Pull and the last one before 9.8)

Edited by Phoenix86

The Vauban nerfs were deserved, no matter your feelings for them.

The Trinity overhaul was needed and now she is amazing.

Also, please grow up before posting again.