Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Breaking Arch-Gun Issues in Profit-Taker Phase 4 Fight

GunRaptor9000

In the course of the Profit Take fight, I switched to Archwing, and it un-equipped my Arch-gun.

This resulted in me being locked out of my Arch-gun, and thus unable to take part in the fight for 10min.

The 10min lockout from the Arch-gun breaks the ability to play the mission, and seems generally arbitrary as Arch-guns aren't that much more powerful than our normal weapons.

Please remove the timeout for the Arch-gun launcher, or reduce to something like 30sec.

Attached Critiques:

- The launching animation for the Arch-gun is PAINFULLY long, and I died multiple times while stuck immobile and entirely defenseless for something like 5 seconds.  Just using Peacemaker with Mesa results in having to wait through the whole animation over again....thus I stopped using Peacemaker, and then stopped playing the mission because I ran out of ammo.

-- As a sub-note, utilizing a Warframe Ability should not necessitate re-equipping the Arch-gun, especially given the unbearably long and immobilizing summoning animation.

- The Arch-gun ammo runs out incredibly fast, to such a degree that I found myself unable to contribute to the mission because there were no enemies dropping Heavy Weapon Ammo....leading to aborting the mission.

- The Arch-gun ammo maximum is ridiculously low for each weapon, especially considering (a) the low ammo drop rates in the Profit Taker fight, (b) the lack of ANY ammo drops in any other mission, (c) the inability to reload the Arch-gun using Ammo Restores or Ammo Mutation / Ammo Case, and (d) the 10min wait time to "re-summon" the Arch-gun. (for that matter, if I'm able to call the Arch-gun / Archwing / K-drive down from orbit, why can't I get more ammo....in ANY way?  And why is the Arch-gun on a special timer, and not the others?)

w1nKlLP.jpg

All in all, I love the idea of being able to call on my Arch-gun, but the usage should be unlimited, and something like mobility should be hampered.  The timer is far too clunky, and makes the Arch-gun nigh useless in normal gameplay.....and would be useless in the Profit-Taker fight, too, if it wasn't *required.*  The painfully long deployment animation further kills its usefulness in normal gameplay as a "panic button" or something...warframe powers already exceed any usefulness that would bring.

I'm looking forward to how this gets reworked, as I'm quite enjoying the new kind of fight, and I hope this feedback is found to be useful.

Edited by GunRaptor9000
Additional detail, and Phase 4 (not 5)

Looks like you didn't properly play the mission and you didn't read the patch notes.
Enemies have a chance to drop the new heavy ammo. This kind of ammo refills your Archgun and it resets the 10 minutes timer.

So there is no problem with the timer. You just need to know what to do.

9 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Looks like you didn't properly play the mission and you didn't read the patch notes.
Enemies have a chance to drop the new heavy ammo. This kind of ammo refills your Archgun and it resets the 10 minutes timer.

So there is no problem with the timer. You just need to know what to do.

I did read the patch notes, and I'm aware of the new ammo type; I even mentioned it in the post by name.  And I reiterate, due to low spawn rates of enemies at various points in the fight, I was left with no way to refill my Arch-gun ammo.  The drop rate among enemies is already seemingly low, and when you're just standing there with the Orb Mother....both of you kind of doing nothing....and no enemies spawning to drop heavy ammo (which you have to kill with either warframe powers or melee, because if you switch out of your Arch-gun it's effectively game over if none drop Heavy Weapon Ammo), it gets rather boring.

This is just poor design, which will surely be refined as issues like this are noted.  Remember ESO on release?  Now it's great.  I'm sure the same will be true for this fight.

Edited by GunRaptor9000
added " I even mentioned it in the post by name," and an additional clarification

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

You know you don't have to use your Archgun. You can use any gun to damage the Orb. The Archgun is just for funcies.
Everything is fine. And you never have to quit the mission. Atleast not because of these reasons...

Are you certain of that?  I'm rather sure that I've been unable to cause any damage with my Battacore, but upon switching to my Imperator Vandal I was then able to cause damage (Orb Mother in the same state, no pylons present).

Just now, GunRaptor9000 said:

Are you certain of that?  I'm rather sure that I've been unable to cause any damage with my Battacore, but upon switching to my Imperator Vandal I was then able to cause damage (Orb Mother in the same state, no pylons present).

I did fine with my Gaze Kitgun.
You have to be aware of the damage type the orb is vulnerable to.

1 minute ago, GunRaptor9000 said:

Very well.

I take it radiation is its weakness, like the Eidolon, due to Alloy Armor?

Not quite.
On its front there is an icon, telling you the damage type. (I think it doesn't always show up for clients)
The damage type changes after some time, after enough damage is done, or (I believe) after doing a bit of void damage

30 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

You know you don't have to use your Archgun. You can use any gun to damage the Orb. The Archgun is just for funcies.
Everything is fine. And you never have to quit the mission. Atleast not because of these reasons...

You DO have to use your archgun. After you get its shields down and have to start attacking the legs, you are REQUIRED use your archgun. Regular weapons DO NOT damage the Orb when you get to this state. If you are not able to get heavy ammo to drop from the special enemies, you are not able to reset your archgun cooldown and cannot damage it.

The other thing I find bs about the fight is the 5 minute timer at the end of the fight. After getting this thing down to critical health, the mission gives you 5 minutes to completely kill it. Which is bs because you can have around 2 minutes where it has elements you don't possess, then the extra time where you have to wait for your archgun to cooldown, then the extra time spent healing yourself and recovering from the nonstop knockdowns.

14 minutes ago, KotoKuraken said:

The other thing I find bs about the fight is the 5 minute timer at the end of the fight. After getting this thing down to critical health, the mission gives you 5 minutes to completely kill it. Which is bs because you can have around 2 minutes where it has elements you don't possess, then the extra time where you have to wait for your archgun to cooldown, then the extra time spent healing yourself and recovering from the nonstop knockdowns.

You are playing a co-op game and this boss is meant to be a team-effort. So not having the right damage is a bad excuse. Just prepare. And as I said, maybe you can force-change the damage Type using void damage. And if you are running low on heavy ammo, you may want to have one team mate on adds-duty, marking heavy ammo via WP.

Is the fight difficult? Yes.

Why do you want it to be easy? Go, play on Mercury if it's too much of a challenge.

14 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

You are playing a co-op game and this boss is meant to be a team-effort. So not having the right damage is a bad excuse. Just prepare. And as I said, maybe you can force-change the damage Type using void damage. And if you are running low on heavy ammo, you may want to have one team mate on adds-duty, marking heavy ammo via WP.

Why do you want it to be easy? Go, play on Mercury if it's too much of a challenge.

Not easy, but not annoying to fight. But it would be a whole lot more enjoyable if you weren't toxic about it. If you want to be that toxic, go back to League

17 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

WhiteMarker, you are being extremely contrarian, even to the point of providing inaccurate information.

I don't mean to be rude, but your contribution in this thread has sounded more self glorifying and insulting than useful for bug / gameplay feedback.

I'm really not sure what your goal is here, and I only state this to give you a chance to clarify before I entirely write you off as an internet tough guy.

Hopefully, I'm merely misconstruing your purpose.

3 minutes ago, KotoKuraken said:

Not easy, but not annoying to fight. But it would be a whole lot more enjoyable if you weren't toxic about it. If you want to be that toxic, go back to League

OMG, I was replying about the same thing at the same time...but I still wish to be cordial about it.  This is Warframe, not [insert almost every mainstream online game here].

22 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

And if you are running low on heavy ammo, you may want to have one team mate on adds-duty, marking heavy ammo via WP.

I just want to point out that while I was playing earlier, this was not possible, as chat was down....so, yeah...chat can't exactly be depended on in this game, and we're all aware of that.

10 hours ago, GunRaptor9000 said:

I just want to point out that while I was playing earlier, this was not possible, as chat was down....so, yeah...chat can't exactly be depended on in this game, and we're all aware of that.

No, Chat is actually fine.
It is down in very rare occasions.