Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Redesigning Saryn

Dociel

Ah good ol days when molt lasted forever, keeping entire infested wave's aggro on it. Looking back on saryn that days she was rly op. Molt+ double miasma could easily kill wave 18-20 on defense

But now she is good the way she is. Especially venom, if combined with Molecular Prime

Edited by Nedwin

lol @ contagion i want to see you onehit a heavygunner lvl 60+ with glaive or kestrel

Miasma could not be more overpowered? not sure if serious but rhino stomp outperform it by far.

saryn is really a frame that have no real role at the moment for damage there is a better frame for defense there is a better frame and for support there is a better frame and for tank there is a better frame some reworks on contagion like knockdown/stun immune along with update 10 and melee weapon rework could make saryn interesting again

Just before nova has been added in update 9, saryn's miasma was the most powerful Aoe+dot ability in game

I don't see any one actually using Venom for its damage potential. Venom is not just a massive DoT, it's a pack of bombs which makes any gun you have to be an armor ignoring massive damage dealer, even the Grakata with its 9 dmg. And it works greatly in conjunction with moult when fighting infested. Just use it atop of some box, or jump+shift-forward+cast-it on a declining ground to place it out of reach of the light infested. When heavies arrive, cast Venom on one of them, shoot it, now everything around is poisoned and each poped spore will deal "25 Poison Damage to all enemies within range.". You take either sobek with Hell's Chamber, Seeking Force (Shred for rifles is insane), Tactical Pump, Accelerated Blast, Shotgun Spazz and some damage mods, or grakata/gorgon with similar mods (death cube with a similar load-out is also of a great help), lure mobs with moult into a tight spot and shover them with rounds. Even if there is a limit to spores stacking now, they will still spread to surrounding targets to fill the places where other spores were poped.

So venom now is not an infinitely accumulating avalanche, but rather a weapon's buff.

they may spread initially to the first group said but you have to recast over and over just to get them to pop now that vaubans been nerfed it not only makes using venoms nerfed stacking useless even more but you have to change tactics to now not including havign posion skills.. and have to rely on frames like ember.. mag nova's MP and maybe if youwant to bring him in vauban... but since bastile is pretty uch semi useless to high level monsters being there will be far more then 12 enemies past round 15.. and ihave yet to test this but you have to try and kill as fast as possible now to keep enemies held up and so far there not many weapons or frames that can do that when in high level defence missions, so using saryn thequeen of posion she only has miasma.. and a 3second stun if that on high levels is not enough.. the old infitnite stacking venom helped ease alot of enemies clean cause how much its DoT and how fast they killed an enemy from x round later on in defence..

i would love DE to put old venom back to way it was, raise computer minimal requirements since they made the game for people who have 7year old computers to run the game which cant handle alot of todays graphics in high defence maps.. and lower the venom DoT from 6seconds to 3seconds.. so even with infinite scaling theres 3seconds to try and pop as many as possible which makesi t harder since now that vauban bastile is capped at 12enemies 3second venom and tryign to pop as many spores as possible still be difficult in alot of weapons that can pop the spores unless forma'd at least 3tiems to be able to pop them easily..

thats my 2cents on what should be done for venom which i want the old infinite scalign back..

Just before nova has been added in update 9, saryn's miasma was the most powerful Aoe+dot ability in game

so was venom.. now its useless.. there people who want to farm the high level defence missions for good mods in all 3 types.. with old venom it was easy now just not worth the time to use saryn and she was/has been extremely usefull prior to them nerfing the venom cause of its infinite stacking ability and adding DoT to it made level 180+monsters drop in 15seconds after about 15spores popped, miasma can only do soo much when saryn is built for those high level mobs..

Edited by GreatFreedom

Like how people try to put in their own ideas, how else would we get anywhere, but melee is only good for lower levels. If you were to try and go out hitting level 100+ ancients you've just dug your own grave. I can see doing this if Saryn got "God Mode" from Contagion back, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Miasma stuns while its still in effect and hits for 1950 total w/ Continuity, Constitution, and Focus.

1625dmg(325x5). Chlora is a bug so we shouldn't inlcude it's 'buffs' into balancing.

constitution does not add a second extra damage tick if you have Continuity equipped, so it is very unnecessary. only one of those cards will add an extra damage tick.

"Hi guys, I'm new to the game so let me start off by telling you how you should redesign one of the few good frames."

there are plenty of people that have used Saryn for hundreds of hours that also agree there are some changes in order. what exact changes, will require considerable deliberation.

1625dmg(325x5). Chlora is a bug so we shouldn't inlcude it's 'buffs' into balancing.

constitution does not add a second extra damage tick if you have Continuity equipped, so it is very unnecessary. only one of those cards will add an extra damage tick.

this is very interesting why does not both continuity and constitution add 1 second since 30% and 28% of 4 seconds are both >1?