Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What kind of insect Jackap depicted from?

XenMaster

More like they misnamed the robots from the start and rolled with it. The Hyena should be the Jackal and vice versa. Larger fore body, smaller hind body fit better for the name Hyena.

Though Hyenas came later in updates. I think it was a collective 🤷‍♂️ oh well.

Edited by Firetempest

i think they mostly went for names like Jackal, Hyena and Lynx simply because they are quadrupedal, and it's a common practice to name things after predatory animals in an effort to incite fear into one's enemies. what bugs me more is that the Boss Jackal and Raptors is supposed to be killed in an effort to stop the Corpus form mass-producing them, but then you go to the Vallis and after about 5 mins of slaughtering Taxmen, Jackals can appear left right and centre (even if they scaled down for balances sake). Razorback is the only proxy that feels like a genuine threat, and not only is he a pushover, we don't even see him that often.

ah well, at least we've got the Orb Heists to come on console. once they're fixed, they might be able to make me feel the satisfaction that comes from toppling a big-a$$ enemy.