Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Items Should Be Earnable From Hardwork And Good Game Play

WNxSpectre

I want everyone to be able to have access to them if they are determined and play well enough.

The item is meaningless without the sense of accomplishment.

And as I have said 3 times, they ARE going to become available. All they are there to do is entice people to buy founders. Once they release the game fully, or make it so you have to buy the game, they will most likely take out the founders pack and shove Excal, the lato and skana into the game.

You go on and on about a sense of accomplishment, but think for a second. What about... oh i don't know, contributing to the overall health and success of the game you are playing? That in itself, is a good accomplishment.

Actually Excalibur Prime also has 22.5 shield regen instead of 20.

This was posted on the wiki a while back but I've never actually seen any evidence.

This is the SECOND topic you have made of this. Grow up seriously. All the items ARE earnable, and Excal prime, Lato prime and the Skana Prime ARE going to become void drops. They Devs did confirm that in a livestream.

Wait, what? Which one, and at what time?

Ad hominem does little to add to the conversation and is a disservice to your position.

There is a difference between an ad hominem and an insult. The former is a fallacious argument that attacks the character, the latter is an attack on a person's character without even bothering with the argument.

And as I have said 3 times, they ARE going to become available. All they are there to do is entice people to buy founders. Once they release the game fully, or make it so you have to buy the game, they will most likely take out the founders pack and shove Excal, the lato and skana into the game.

You go on and on about a sense of accomplishment, but think for a second. What about... oh i don't know, contributing to the overall health and success of the game you are playing? That in itself, is a good accomplishment.

If there are plans to make them available at a later date then this indeed is good news and would satisfy the requirement of all players being able to earn them.

Still *@##$ing about Excalibur Prime?

LOL, Excalibur Prime isn't even that great. That second V polarity isn't that helpful when there are so few V polarity mods. If I had Excalibur Prime, and didn't already have vanilla Excalibur, I'd probably forma over that extra V.

If the founder items are to be made available at a later date, then I really have no further concerns regarding this issue, as that would make them available to all players.

I don't think they will be though. Unless Stormandreas can back what he was saying with evidence. I certainly do not recall the Devs saying that founder items would ever be void items, but I'll admit that I don't exactly listen to every single word being said in the livestreams.

The only items that irk me are the clan emblems and uploading the images. Most games nowadays allow you to do this for free, and there really si no other way to announce or give a shoutout to a clan that you're proud of or something. It'd be nice to be able to have an image completely personalized on your frame, alongside your friends.

You're complaints come down to a pure matter of preference. We, and DE, don't really care if you don't buy the founders pack because you are upset about three meaningless prestige trophies. Your complaints are petty and trite. Basically what I would expect from someone who had the nerve to call this game pay to win.

LOL, Excalibur Prime isn't even that great. That second V polarity isn't that helpful when there are so few V polarity mods. If I had Excalibur Prime, and didn't already have vanilla Excalibur, I'd probably forma over that extra V.

It doesn't matter if the item is the best or the worst, they should be available to all players.

It doesn't matter if the item is the best or the worst, they should be available to all players.

Its arguable that Excalibur Prime is a cosmetic change compared to regular Excal. Although I can see the argument for Skana Prime and Lato Prime. Whether I agree or disagree, I'd rather not say, since I can definitely see good arguments be made for both sides (even if I'm not really seeing them in this thread).

I have no wish to earn anything in game with my wallet.

That is the crux of your problem, and why you fail to understand why the game is the way it is.

IT COSTS MONEY TO MAKE THIS GAME. IT COSTS MONEY TO MAINTAIN THIS GAME. IT TAKES MONEY TO UPDATE THIS GAME.

IF YOU CAN GET EVERYTHING WITHOUT PAYING, NO ONE WOULD PAY, AND THE GAME DEVELOPERS WOULD GO OUT OF BUSINESS.

What you want? Period. It would lead to the commercial failure of this game.

Good day, sir.

Actually it does matter, and there is nothing but your opinion that says they SHOULD be available let alone some kind of requirement.

Games have many different types of models for income generation.  Warframe has chosen a model that the games entire content be available free to play and that real money can be used for aesthetic and convenience to speed up the experience.  As a thank you for supporting this indie game company as they try and get this title launched there are special items that REALLY boil down to simply aesthetic differences.  They are not game affecting. 

Your own opinion is that this developer should not give an in game item to those who have help to found the game, get it off the ground.  This is frankly insulting.  There really is no logical reason those who have helped kick start this game with their money should not have something that allows them to be distinguished from the other players while in game.  Fairness is not a valid argument as these items do not affect the game or game play.  They do not skew the abilities of those who have them.  When all is said and done the playing field is level except for the gold trim letting those of us who have not paid anything into the game we have them to thank for helping to bankroll the project.

That is the crux of your problem, and why you fail to understand why the game is the way it is.

IT COSTS MONEY TO MAKE THIS GAME. IT COSTS MONEY TO MAINTAIN THIS GAME. IT TAKES MONEY TO UPDATE THIS GAME.

IF YOU CAN GET EVERYTHING WITHOUT PAYING, NO ONE WOULD PAY, AND THE GAME DEVELOPERS WOULD GO OUT OF BUSINESS.

What you want? Period. It would lead to the commercial failure of this game.

Good day, sir.

No it won't. DE is doing fine financially and most of the founders didn't buy founders to get the exclusive items (at least I hope not). They also make plenty of money off of convenience purchases for stuff that is already easily obtainable ingame.