Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wow Latron Is Weak

ElectricViolet

So... You have zero mods on your Latron and you're calling it weak? Max it, throw mods on it, then write a review. Don't go off of base stats and performance. 

When you go from weapons that are amazing at unranked(Miter and Strun Wraith) to weapons that are garbage until modded well(Hind), it's depressing.

You think "If I just persevere and get this thing to rank 20, it'll feel a lot less bad". Then you get the weapon to 30 and realize you'll need to forma the weapon a few times to let it compete properly, having to go back through the weapon's garbage phase.

When you go from weapons that are amazing at unranked(Miter and Strun Wraith) to weapons that are garbage until modded well(Hind), it's depressing.

You think "If I just persevere and get this thing to rank 20, it'll feel a lot less bad". Then you get the weapon to 30 and realize you'll need to forma the weapon a few times to let it compete properly, having to go back through the weapon's garbage phase.

Except we're talking about the slow firing Paris which deals Armor Ignoring damage compared to the Semi-Automatic Latron.

That's pretty much going from Armor Ignoring weapons (Except the Strun Wraith. That thing is awesome.) to any other weapon in game. The problem is with armor.

Here's a tip for using the Latron. Not many people know this but there is a hidden niinth mod that only some weapons including the Latron can equip.

This mod is not easily acquired and does require some intelligent playtime to get. This mod is called "Skill". It does wonders for the Latron and is definitely worth the time that you spend farming out "Skill". Even at the lowest level the "Skill" mod does make a difference but to have the full effect of the "Skill" and Latron combo, your "Skill" mod should be at least mid leveled.

Here's a tip for using the Latron. Not many people know this but there is a hidden niinth mod that only some weapons including the Latron can equip.

This mod is not easily acquired and does require some intelligent playtime to get. This mod is called "Skill". It does wonders for the Latron and is definitely worth the time that you spend farming out "Skill". Even at the lowest level the "Skill" mod does make a difference but to have the full effect of the "Skill" and Latron combo, your "Skill" mod should be at least mid leveled.

Because you can't shoot enemies in the face with other guns, right?

My buds tell me that Latron Prime is a lot better than a normal Latron.

I don't know about the difference between Latron and Prime, but I do know that the Prime is a fantastic weapon if properly modded. Some damage mods, puncture and you're in business.

I don't know about the difference between Latron and Prime, but I do know that the Prime is a fantastic weapon if properly modded. Some damage mods, puncture and you're in business.

And im pretty sure bows dont gain any effect from puncture as they fall under "bolt" weaponry. However puncture can be highly effective on the latron allowing several head shots by simply standing level with a group and aiming for the enemys head results in several unexpected kills behind them.

Edit: figured it was worth mentioning that it appears that volts electric shield adds/ turns it into armor ignore/armor pierce/whatever. Also adds electric damage? Sounds nuts but I have yet to check it out so probably first thing ill do once I get them both.

Edited by quietcanary

My buds tell me that Latron Prime is a lot better than a normal Latron.

ermahgerd. >.< its not i have mine potatoed AND modded with some amazing mods, and it still suckz. DE we could use a latron prime buff here.

(btw i thought prime weapons were better then there original. -_-)

Edited by KFCfilmz

I think (at work now, can't verify) that my Latron Prime build is the following:

- Serration

- Cryo Rounds

- Hammer Shot

- Shred

- Wildfire

- Vital Sense

- Point Strike

- Piercing Hit

All but Serration maxed. Try that and then return ;)

Edited by MueR

And im pretty sure bows dont gain any effect from puncture as they fall under "bolt" weaponry. However puncture can be highly effective on the latron allowing several head shots by simply standing level with a group and aiming for the enemys head results in several unexpected kills behind them.

Edit: figured it was worth mentioning that it appears that volts electric shield adds/ turns it into armor ignore/armor pierce/whatever. Also adds electric damage? Sounds nuts but I have yet to check it out so probably first thing ill do once I get them both.

As of the recent patch, projectiles can puncture but have lots of drop off.