Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polishing Loki

Desauron

First of all, dont get me wrong i love loki as it is, but it needs a lil' polishing, here are my suggestions:

Decoy:

- shouldnt have hp at all (its a hologram after all)

Invisibility is ok as it is!

Switch teleport:

- still needs a fix (old bug), sometimes it doesnt switch at all, it just teleport me to the target or the target to me !

Radial disarm:

- should cause a lil' malfunction to robotic type units (moas, osprey) like slowing them a bit

This is all my suggestion, as i said it just needs a very lil' polishing.

Doesn't radial disarm already make moa's pull out a prova and start trying to kick you, and ospreys lose their ability? Or was it changed.

Nope, it hasnt changed, it still does this. But loki's ultimate should have side effects to, its a ultimate skill after all.

Considering he's discharging something akin to an EMP with some disarming ability, I always wished it did some damage to robotic units.

If not, I also wish that it made the guns explode, doing somewhat ultimate-like damage. Yes, he's a utility based frame, but slap on a side effect to disarm, because right now I never use it. I only ever use Invisibility.

But that's just me.

Last time i checked Lokis Radial Disarm makes ospreys not able to fly too, and just leaves em hovering along the floor

Though i do completely agree with the fact that lokis decoy shouldnt be able to get hurt since it is a godamn hologram xD

Edited by Jin_Kazama

From another, similar, thread:

Decoy:

Decoy needs to last better at longer levels, and it could use some more QoL changes. Here are my proposals for it:

* Invincible (shorter duration though)

* Allies can shoot through it

* Enemies that melee it gets some of their damage returned to them

* Regardless of pvp or not, it could have the weapons that the current Loki uses. If enemies get close, the Loki can even start using the melee weapon (not dealing any damage, but gives a better illusion)

* Loki can see his Decoy through walls, and this can be utilized with Switch Teleport so you can use it through walls!

Focus - Increases the melee damagereturn

Stretch - ??? (Increases the taunt-radius?)

Continuity - Increases duration

Invisibility:

Loki's probably strongest skill with its immense melee bonus is fine, mostly. Only small tweaks are needed. Food for thought: What if Loki (or any Warframe in stealth) aren't invulnerable to non-aoe-attacks during the effect? And what if enemies tried to "find" you with their attacks while invisible? And what if they reacted better to noise? It could be improved in these regards, but i don't think it is a high priority right now. But some direct tweaks for it could be:

* Also cloaks the sentinel

* Slightly less sound and vision penalties (mainly the sound reduction)

Focus - Increased melee bonus (?)

Radius - ???

Continuity - Increased duration

Switch Teleport

I think this skill has so much potential, but falls a little short in its effects. Some ideas:

* Can switch with your Decoy through walls (Maybe even so that if you hold the Switch-button down, you automatically swap with your Decoy, if you have one out, regardless of where you are aiming?)

* Loki, regardless of which target you swap with, gets a reduction in damage taken (by up to 50%, for up to 5 seconds?). This would be a more important bonus if the Invisibility effect is less "invincibility"-ish (as mentioned above).

* If your target is an ally, it gets the same reduction in damage taken as Loki

* If your target is an enemy, it suffers MORE damage taken (up to 100% more?) and will also get an illusion on it, making enemies think it is Loki (and will thus attack it). Both these effects last for 5 seconds or so. The first 2 seconds, the target could maybe also be stunned?

* Explosive barrels should be swappable perhaps (will get the same aggro on it as if it was an enemy)?

Focus - Increases the Loki/ally damage-taken-reduction and increases the enemy damage-weakness

Stretch - Increases castrange and enemy aggrorange

Continuity - Increases all effect durations

Radial Disarm

This skill ALSO has lots of cool potential, and here are a whole bunch of upgrades it could receive:

* As OP mentioned: Instead of instantly disarming ranged enemies, making their weapons malfunction on their next shot instead (with some damage + stun or stagger) sounds cool and makes sense. It might deal damage yes, but very indirectly, thus still fitting with Loki's theme.

* It could be an aoe-ability that is castable at where you are aiming, rather than just an aoe-ability cast at your feet.

* Enemies that are disarmable, gets PERMANENTLY disarmed, just like now.

* Enemies, regardless if disarmable or not, also gets a TEMPORARY effect: When they deal damage, they suffer a high amount (100% or even more?) of their own damage dealt back to themselves. Add a Decoy or a Switch Teleport and you got yourself a mayhem! This gives it a lot more useage too where it currently is useless:

a) It makes it useful against Infested units!

b) It makes it useful even against non-disarmable bosses!

c) It gives you a reason to use it more than once (since the returndamage is only temporary)!

Focus - Increases the damagereturn amount

Stretch - Increases effect radius

Continuity - Increases the damagereturn duration

Doesn't radial disarm already make moa's pull out a prova and start trying to kick you, and ospreys lose their ability? Or was it changed.

We call them Karate MOAs.

Decoy either needs to scale with levels or be unkillable with shorter duration.

RD only needs rework on Infested, instead of dealing damage RD could declaw ( reduce damage of mobs ) or disarm ( reduce movement speed ).

slapping damage onto every ability is NOT a good direction

Loki is already god tier as is

Only fix he needs is for invis to also cloak sentinel and POSSIBLY for radial disarm to debuff infested in some way. Oh and a speed-up of the animation of switch teleport would be cool but not necessary.

Decoy is probably the most underrated ability in the game. It's stupid good even on t3 void

Edited by Corpse_of_KTS

The only thing he needs is to make switched enemies have his aggro and receive friendly fire, even from their own weapons, like switching places with a napalm so he kills himself with his own rocket, and remove the decoy's health and reduce its duration. Maybe reduce the speed of infested if you use radial disarm on them but nothing else, its already good enough on grineer and corpus, no need to make it deal damage. 

I didnt like most of the suggestions on that post above, seems to be trying to make all his abilities deal damage. Switching places with your decoy through walls sounds cool, but its not really something he needs because you can always just get in line of sight of the decoy and then switch.

The only thing he needs is to make switched enemies have his aggro and receive friendly fire, even from their own weapons, like switching places with a napalm so he kills himself with his own rocket, and remove the decoy's health and reduce its duration. Maybe reduce the speed of infested if you use radial disarm on them but nothing else, its already good enough on grineer and corpus, no need to make it deal damage. 

I didnt like most of the suggestions on that post above, seems to be trying to make all his abilities deal damage. Switching places with your decoy through walls sounds cool, but its not really something he needs because you can always just get in line of sight of the decoy and then switch.

You can ST yourself through closed doors tho. Place Decoy in a door, and use ST.

I must say, that Loki is one of my favorite frames, and my first. But he needs a buff respectively some reworks.

In my first days it was like: yo cool, Loki is invisible... and cool he can disarm a whole bunch of enemies in a row... but then... damn, I dont have enough power left to do anything, I am visible again, and instead of shooting me down, the enemies hitting to the ground. it felt like a biiiiiiiiiiigg gangbang with me as the b***h.

Also it was really hard for me to watch my buddies kill dozens of enemies wtih one slash dash... really, it was like: oh there are sooo many enemies. lets get invisible and shoot/hit them to death... and in the same moment slash dash, and everyone was dead. It was soo frustrating.

for the reworks:

Decoy:

Did anyone ever played Borderlands 2? My choice for Loki was based on the similarity to zer0. Zer0's Decoy was a real hologram and it last a certain time, with the enemies hitting the air. if you level up, you can arm your decoy with a big electro blast in the end, if the time went down.

It would be a really good thing to see something similar with Lokis Decoy!

Invisibility:

the only thing, that bother me is the fact, that my shade will die everytime (in high levels). so please cloak my shade too.

Switch Teleport:

this abilitiy is fine as it is for me. Perhaps you can put a stun on the switched enemy... so you got enough time after that to run away, or shoot him down...

Radial Disarm:

The idea of this ability being something like an EMP is really great. all of the weapons should explode and damage any enemy

For Corpus: it should be there dead... respectively they shouldnt be able to move for a while.

for Grineer: perhaps they should be also slowed down, like Novas MP. (Because of the malfunction in their suits/armor)

For Infested: the same as for the grineers, or perhaps they could react somehow confused after RD and get back to an analerted status.

Edited by vellom