The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Enemies stuck in Earth defense missions.

Azzanis

Enemies all the time have pathing issues and can't climb walls in certain places, resulting in 5 waves taking forever because enemies can't reach the objective and because players have to find every single enemy that's stuck on the entire map. It happens in both Lith and Coba missions.

It's a shame because it's one of the first missions that new players are going to experience.

https://imgur.com/a/VniofxD

Edited by Azzanis
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I confirm, the enemies climb up from the ground (marsh) up to the tall boxes and suddenly fall again.

It not only looks stupid, but it makes this low level mission take much longer to finish because the enemies don't get to the center of the map, instead the player(s) need to go out to hunt them.

Small things like these make the game look bad for new people. Three of my friends who recently started playing have all had issues with this, and I've confirmed that this seems to happen basically every time the mission is played and on almost every single wave.

One of said friends who has not played video games very much and is completely new to third person shooters, had quite grave difficulties completing the mission due to the enemy pathing. They almost quit at the end of the first wave because the wave seemed to have ended as no enemies were entering the objective area. Luckily an enemy voice line happened to alert them to enemy presence and they managed eventually find all remaining enemies, eventually completing the mission. Needless to say they were quite annoyed afterwards.

But all in all, the fact that new players describe defence missions as "more of Search & Destroy than defence" sounds quite alarming to me.

Yes, this bug has been present now for at least a couple weeks. All of the defense missions on Earth are like this. Makes the missions last forever. The enemies continuously jump up on boxes or pillars, then fall back down. This just happens over and over again until you go find them and kill them. Hopefully they fix this soon. I remember being a new player and starting on Earth and had this been happening, I would not have known it was a bug. I'd have been like, "What is the point of this game? Nothing is happening." 😕

Yes still happening for me, even last night. I agree that I've seen new people (less than mr3) quit the mission as they think the game is bugged and I worry it gives a bad impression to a game I like. 

I'll avoid this mission for now, accidentally did it last night from an alert and regretted it. 

Just realised this is PC bug, well it's also on PS4.

Edited by (PS4)osholay

I've noticed this happen too.  If I remember correctly, the enemy pathfinding got significantly more wonky after the Fortuna release.  My suspicions are that they made adaptations to the enemy AI, but something went wrong along the way.  DE should look into this, though, because this pathfinding turns a Defense mission more into a Search & Destroy mode, as the enemies can't find their way to the cryopod anymore.  It also makes every round tediously long.

What I've also noticed is that their spawns have changed.  The enemies used to come from the big door from which you enter the map, and the large tree trunk on the 3 o'clock side from that entrance.  But since the Fortuna release not a single enemy comes through that gate anymore, and barely from that large tree trunk.

Edited by A_Big_Crocodile

it happens to me to but i have a new thing.A SINGLE greenier lancer got stuck inside of a tree.I almoust died and it hardened the limbo mission since i had to energy to penetrate the tree and kill him.ONLY HIS GUN was outside the tree

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198279776804/screenshot/948474504894712846
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198279776804/screenshot/948474504894714919
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198279776804/screenshot/948474504894696365