Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stuck on Cetus gate

Why-cant-we-be-frends

Question

I just started playing this game a few days back, and I absolutely love this game. But whenever I try to access the Plains of Eidolon through Cetus for starting the bounties through Konzu I can never seem to proceed through I get stuck at the gates and I cannot go into the plains of eidolon or get back to cetus. My game starts lagging and I eventually have to Alt+F4 out of the game. I can't even leave Cetus through the escape menu. I run the game on 800x600 resolution with my graphics turned down to the minimum, so that I can squeeze out all the fps. My specs are:

RAM: 2GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6450 (dedicated:1014MB, shared:768MB)
Processor: Core i3 CPU 540 @3.07 Ghz
DirectX: Version 12

Idk if this will help tho. But I just wanted to clear this if anybody thinks that my specs are below minimum settings

4 answers to this question

These are the minimum specs listed on the homepage's FAQ section:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ (~2.2Ghz dual core CPU)
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600

PoE and Orb Vallis in general aren't that well optimized even on mid-higher end PCs, so it might be your PC unable to load the area at all, even thought your specs are slightly above the minimum specs. How does the Earth jungle tileset run on your PC? That's the second most demanding area in terms of hardware after the open world areas.

33 minutes ago, Why-cant-we-be-frends said:

I just started playing this game a few days back, and I absolutely love this game. But whenever I try to access the Plains of Eidolon through Cetus for starting the bounties through Konzu I can never seem to proceed through I get stuck at the gates and I cannot go into the plains of eidolon or get back to cetus. My game starts lagging and I eventually have to Alt+F4 out of the game. I can't even leave Cetus through the escape menu. I run the game on 800x600 resolution with my graphics turned down to the minimum, so that I can squeeze out all the fps. My specs are:

RAM: 2GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6450 (dedicated:1014MB, shared:768MB)
Processor: Core i3 CPU 540 @3.07 Ghz
DirectX: Version 12

Idk if this will help tho. But I just wanted to clear this if anybody thinks that my specs are below minimum settings

I think your ram is too low because you actually have only 1.9 GB of ram because the computer needs the .1

On 2018-12-31 at 11:53 PM, Wyrmius_Prime said:

These are the minimum specs listed on the homepage's FAQ section:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ (~2.2Ghz dual core CPU)
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600

PoE and Orb Vallis in general aren't that well optimized even on mid-higher end PCs, so it might be your PC unable to load the area at all, even thought your specs are slightly above the minimum specs. How does the Earth jungle tileset run on your PC? That's the second most demanding area in terms of hardware after the open world areas.

Everything upto Cetus I run absolutely fine. I have the graphics down to minimum but before that I still didn't get any problems. I started doing my missions in Venus, no problems what so ever.

Pretty sure the open areas require slightly higher specs... and your ram is pretty low, windows takes up more than you think as well. As previously pointed out, both open spaces are not really optimized and compared to the other level designs from the star chart, there’s a lot more going on under the hood. They each have full day and night cycles, grass/world physics, massive reflection mapping, and shadow details with things like flickering fire light. Plains and Orb are just different beasts from the other areas, and the game is only set to become more resource heavy going forward. I think they’re dropping support for 32bit soon too, so it might be 64 or bust in a month or so. What windows are you running? I think 10 requires 4gigs of ram by itself to run optimally before you even get to a game space.