Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea for Endgame endless missions.

UmbraAtrox

You start with a random loadout without mods. At the start you choose 1 of 3 Random unranked rivens, which gets equiped. Every 5 waves you get a new riven to choose from which also gets equiped. Every Wave, or 2nd wave, your Equiped rivens rank up by 1.

Since you start "naked" enemys would start fairly low, or not what do i know. There would be no mod cap. but 8 slots per item so you wont be offered another rifle riven in wave 45 if you already have 8 equiped. You also dont keep any riven you choose those are only for the run.

So you could get a nice riven at the begining or you can get 3 duds to choose from but in any case your challenge is not completely rng. There also could be 2 modes. 1 where you bring your loadout but get stripped of any mods and one with a random loadout, the latter having better rewards.

Another quirk ( or different mode with better drop chances) could be: Whenever a fully ranked riven would upgrade it "breaks" and you lose it from your loadout. That way you cant have an OP riven forever (only for 9 | 18 Waves) and the challenge keeps changing. For this one the math doesnt work out since you could have only 2 | 4 rivens at any given time so probably they would need to rank up slower to make that work. 

What also could change is the mission type, every X Waves a portal like the SO data conduit could appear and drop you into another mission type. For non endless mission types extract would be replaced with a "portal". That way even the mission type is different every time. You could have a capture, 10 min Survival, 2 exterminates, sabotage, 2 Rounds interception then spy and 1 round defense in the first rot and the next one would be entirely different. 

As for rewards. (i know these are fairly greedy)

I'd say Reward every 10 waves. A - A - B - B - C - C - C Endless.

A - Regular Fissure + Regular T3 rewards
B - Fissure but whatever relic you choose gets upgraded to Flawless/Rad + regluar T3 reward with chance to get a sortie reward
C - Fissure but whatever relic you equip gets upgraded to Rad + same like B + Chance to get a extra Item to choose from a random relic or riven (as if you had a 5th player who had a random rad relic (no vault) which also could drop a riven)

What do you think?

• Like 1

We already have enough "Endgame" endless missions, like ESO and Arbitrations 😕

What we need is something different with new types of rewards, no more endo or credits.

And when I said "something different" i'm talking about something like Eidolons or Orbs.

(Sry for my english) 

@--Raid-Master-Qued 

Whlie ESO might be Endgame for some, i find it quite boring. Since all it is is a glorified survival. ESO which switching objectives on the other hand, that is something i'd play

Arbitrations on the other hand isnt endgame. While the enemys there are lvl 80+ you get a +300% strengh & damage bonus which make the high lvl enemys kinda pointless. 

What is so special about eidolon drops? They drop sentient cores, shards and arcanes which like any other resource you soon enough will have enough off. What about the rewards i proposed. Are why worse? better? and why?

@peterc3

Why not? When you look at it now we got a "endgame" which encourages players to afk leech on hydron to Forma their weapons and grind relics for plat to buy the mods they need. I am aware not everyone does that but lets be honest here we had all enough afk squadmates on Hydron. Since Endo gets thrown around like its free everyone has enough. And all that to play what? Arbitrations where you outscale the enemy with flat 300% increased dmg & strengh, and ESO so basically survival. Profit taker is a nice change, i love Profit taker i'll give them that, eidolons are fun too, but only for so many runs. I mean i get it, it's a grindy game, it's repetetive but it has not to be, we got so many different fun things we could do instead we are limited to endless <insert gamemode>

But just for the sake of it, lets not call it "Endgame" but "Rando Riven Mode" would you play it? And why?

Edited by The_True_Phoeny

I had to read through it twice, but i think this could be fun actually.

To break your idea down:

- your loadout gets stronger with the time you are in the mission (while enemies get stronger aswell)

- random rivens get added to your loadout just for the time you play the mission, you are not gonna keep them

I would honestly make some changes:

- remove random choice of gear, since there are many trash weapons nobody really wants to play, even with a Riven

- Your Riven idea sounds fun on paper, but since there are more "trash" Rivens possible then good Rivens, i would cut it out

( negative Dmg Riven in this? man it will be great when it ranks up! 😀     Riven with Mag-Size,Weapon Recoil, Dmg to Infested, not gonna help at all)

- let us pick our loadout

- let us put mods in an certain order into the gear

- each wave (or every 2nd/3rd, depends ofc) one mod gets "activated" in the order we had put them into the weapon

- (this would create some strategy..."do i want to get multishot first or status maybe?")

- this could also be applied to Warframes (the thing with the mods: "do i want to get extra life first or more ability strength?")

- also, we could start with only the first ability, and again, every 5 waves or so we get the next ability

Edited by DreisterDino