Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Capture change of plans: Exterminate

5ankai

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Legend speaks of a time when Rescue could change to Spy AFTER you already freed the hostage, AND the hostage was still mission critical. Be glad they changed it so that it's always an Exterminate after the "Lotus hijack"

Yeah, those were horrible back in the day.
A rescue could turn into anything...including sudden MDef (thankfully only one console but still).
Basically anything could turn into anything if you were unlucky enough...DE started changing that because it was super annoying going "Oh you thought this mission would be over in 5 minutes?  Well now you have a spy...and after that another rescue!" (as the mission types could chain 3 or 4 times sometimes).
Hek, it could even chain into multiple rescue missions, and it was annoying having to herd around 2 or 3 rescue targets because the AI for movement was so bad back then...

Worst one for time back in the day was when you did MDef and lotus said "Change of plans, do another mdef".  It just artificially bloated mission time for absolutely zero benefit.

6 hours ago, Nyx219 said:

It's been around quite a while, it's actually rather refreshing when it crops up. Nothing like hearing the Lotus' cheery "Happy hunting!" quip to tel you she's gone full bloodthirsty.

It would be refreshing if it was something uncommon.
The problem is that it happens more often then the mission staying a normal capture.
Last night I ran 10 capture fissures and 7 of them turned into "Oh yeah, now kill everyone!" at some point.

As it stands its just a tad aggravating and now instead of going into a mission going "Ok, this is a capture mission" I now go in thinking "Ok, this is an exterminate mission, better kill absolutely everyone I see so I don't have to backtrack 5 tiles later when I get the capture target...."
Kinda ruins the point of having capture missions if the majority of the time they are just going to be exterminate, and unlike normal exterminate is going to involve lots and lots of back-tracking because it doesn't force the enemies to spawn towards the exit tile.

Edited by Tsukinoki

12 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

and unlike normal exterminate is going to involve lots and lots of back-tracking because it doesn't force the enemies to spawn towards the exit tile.

This is the part that legit drives me nuts.

Give me capture immunity while capping and spawn all of them between where I capped and the extraction point then if you just gotta make me do free work.

...Don't make me backtrack though.