The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE can we have the Ninja sword now?

RuFi0

1 minute ago, Corvid said:

Ah yes, trying to engage in a discussion. Truly the hallmark of immaturity.

Ah, I see you're one of the ones that shall not be named. Thank you for the bump, my friend, and for keeping it short and sweet.

8 minutes ago, RuFi0 said:

Ah, I see you're one of the ones that shall not be named. Thank you for the bump, my friend, and for keeping it short and sweet.

I'm a neutral party here, mate.

Y'know, the kind of person you're supposed to be swaying if you actually want to accomplish anything. Being rude is rather counterproductive.

35 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Wait. Is this low-key about Revenants signature weapon? 

I'm in.

I didn't even know he had that until I looked it up on google images. That's really cool! It looks like he's wielding something called an Odachi, which is a katana-like greatsword. Another katana-that-is-not-a-katana. Let's do a recap!

Ninjato, a katana-like sword with a short, striaght blade, ofted depicted with a square guard

Black-Blade-Ninjato-016.jpg

Chokuto, a katana-like sword with the standard length of a katana, with a straight blade, often depicted with a square or rounded guard, or sometimes no guard at all. The Chokuto is (sometimes dual) wielded by fictional characters like Deadpool, Cyborg Ninja from Metal Gear Solid, Leonardo from Ninja Turtles, and Sasuke from Naruto.

proxy-oq-chokuto-by-proxy-oq.jpg?1544573

Odachi, a katana-like sword with the characteristics of the sords mentioned above, the difference being the size is much, much larger.

sh2392_3.jpg

I hope all those ninja enthusiats and Ash mains get to see their favorite swords in the game one day

Edited by RuFi0

1 minute ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

You're very passionate, I have to hand it to you.. 🙂

Thanks! I actually learned all of these things from this thread alone, haha. I only knew that the "Ninja Sword" was called a Ninjato. Everything else came after the fact. There were a lot of educated people in here that helped me learn all this.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RuFi0 said:

Thanks! I actually learned all of these things from this thread alone, haha. I only knew that the "Ninja Sword" was called a Ninjato. Everything else came after the fact. There were a lot of educated people in here that helped me learn all this.

That was pretty obvious. It's why people repeatedly asked you if you really want that. BTW have you managed to find that 12 inch ruler yet? 

30 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That was pretty obvious. It's why people repeatedly asked you if you really want that. BTW have you managed to find that 12 inch ruler yet? 

Are you trying to get into a ****measuring contest or something? Not really sure the point of that comment was lol. Thanks for the bump.

Edited by RuFi0

48 minutes ago, RuFi0 said:

Are you trying to get into a ****measuring contest or something? Not really sure the point of that comment was lol. Thanks for the bump.

Oh well that's easy to fix, just read the bold part:

20 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Because I haven't bothered to say anything about your "wushu" sword photo, and repeatedly pointed out that you keep referencing comics and cartoons not known for their historical accuracy or attention to detail. 

Pretty sure that the conversation already pointed out that the swords were supposed to be ninjato but generally didn't reflect that too. 

Now do me a favour. Go to find something like a 12 inch ruler. Make a fist with your right hand and place the ruler just between your index and thumb perpendicular to both. Fix that image in your head. A ninjato can be that size up to but not exceeding twice that, give or take. Is that really what you wanted? 

Or did you expect something longer? 

The reason for your not knowing what it was about is:

19 hours ago, RuFi0 said:

I didn't read any of that but thanks for the bump! 😋

Simple huh? 

55 minutes ago, RuFi0 said:

Whoa whoa whoa...if we're going to be measuring things, we need to go metric. Bigger sounding numbers if we go metric.

Based on what I read in the original OP, you wanted a weapon that was truly iconic to the modern depiction of a Ninja. Furthermore, you were confused as to why there appeared to be more European inspired weaponry in a game that depicts us as Ninjas. I assumed the Galdius vs. Wushu example was a sort of "earlier Roman culture influenced aspects of later European culture, earlier Chinese culture inspired aspects of later Japanese culture" thing, but I guess I gave you too much credit in that regard.

You didn't have a particularly well thought out paragraph to persuade anyone to agree with you, but I'm not a fan of threads that don't expand organically. Anyone can read an OP, respond to it, and move on.

Edited by MasterBurik

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Probably not, remember the SI unit is the metre, just over 39 inches. 

Ah, but if you add the prefix centi-, you've multiplied the base number by 100. That 39 inches is now against 100 centimetres. Use millimeter, and it's 1000. It may be seen as a callback to early childhood development, but its an excellent method to stroke our fragile egos.

43 minutes ago, MasterBurik said:

Based on what I read in the original OP, you wanted the Ninjato to be added to the game of Warframe.

Correct, that is exactly what I want. In fact, either the Ninjato or the Chokuto. I would love to have it as a dual sword skin so that I can equip it on multiple different weapons. Having it as a skin would also skip any of the conflict or griping for anyone that doesn't want something like that in the game or feels like its redundant.

If it ever happens I'll screech even louder than when the Nikana was added to the game. I'm patiently waiting for the day when we finally get that ninja sword!