Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo 3.0 - 2019 Update

Wawus

We have seen massive Dojo Overhaul last two years.

First re-grid with new rooms changing Orokin to Tenno style, then more customisation options, more research, more objects and decorations.

I hope that more and more decorations will become available and that once more cap will be slightly, tiny bit raised. For that extra decor.

But with a year like 2019 coming, Fortuna update, New War and space battles on the horizon, it's good to remember to keep upgrading all of it.

So here are thoughts on elements for Dojo that we can't wait to see being implemented:

1. Dojo NPC's

Spoiler

Dojo NPC's as animated objects with few idle animations to choose from. For all crowdy mega-meta-guilds it will give yet another great element to enchance authenticity of the common dojo rooms, for all small and solo-clans it would give a great touch in quiet corridors and empty bars.

Aqusition could be research based (same as colors) with quest to scan x corpus crewmans to unlock Corpus-or-Grineer-related NPC for dojo (same type like on relays).

It is a great option also for cinematic purposes, so ability to add clan-unlocked NPC's to Captura seems like a great option.

2. Functional decorations

Spoiler

There are plenty of unanimated objects to choose from, but all of this felt very dead. Change was introduced with rotating fans and special effects. That breeze reanimated beautiful but sad rooms and areas. Now the problem is... there is nothing to do. Or no way to roleplay.

I believe it's time, and we are ready, to introduce more Functional Decorations - same type like bells, drums or trading posts. List of options is probably endless, but shooting off with Floor Panel (Sit) is one sure way to start. With that we need only few "press x to light station's cameras and play animation of smoke" or even placeholders for activated events alone. But let's not get too far. Floor Panel (Sit) is probably the most demanded decoration now.

3. Dojo Mandachord

Spoiler

Since introducing option to create music with Mandachord, all we wanted was to be able to listen to that music. Wherever we want when not killing no-ninjas. With showing that it is possible by orbiter's Zenurik Space Radio Revelation - Why not dojo mandachord ? - we ask.

10/01/19

So that's few of them for now. Please let me know in comments your tho(ugh)ts and show your own ideas!

This thread will be updated accordingly.

I was thinking about dojos too, Lately I've been working a lot on mines and sometimes I realize things to add to the dojos: 
-Letting choose the exact spawnpoint into the halls (I made a perfect place for that, but the only thing I can do is put a transporter there).
-An option to make bigger or smaller some atmospheric effects (Like electricity bolt).
-An option to auto complete the contributions for all the room decorations that need some (sometimes i spend hours decorating, and having to spend like 20 mins more just clicking 'contribute all' gets bothering).
-Smaller empty rooms and terra-corpus (so other factions) decorations are welcomed too. 

(there will be more ideas from me, just let me some time to remember them)

Edited by WhiteAthame

Yep. Awesome idea guy above me.

The ability to interact with a rooms console and choose 'contribute all' in one shot would be stellar.

I would like to add this to the console too;

The ability to bring up a list of all decorations currently placed in that room. So you can delete things that got buried or hidden. Or the odd item that gets placed in a wall never to be seen again.

This was likely suggested plenty of times. But I would love the ability to link items into a group that can be moved and scaled together. Being able to save item combos for future use would be awesome too. 

For instance I have a theme going for my teleporters on a platform along with an overhead lamp. It consists of 7 or 8 pieces. Rebuilding them over and over for each room was a pain. 😞

• Like 1

hace 53 minutos, IIDMOII dijo:

the ability to link items into a group that can be moved and scaled together.

Wonderful idea, and a better match between grids, the 1m grid is not compatible with the 0.25 or the 0.10 and that makes it difficult to put the things symmetrically.

My top two:

1. Decorations for every season. I want to create a series of Nightmare Before Christmas-esque holiday rooms.
  2. The ability to either:
  • Move rooms around, without having to destroy them.
    OR
  • Save the decoration placement of rooms we wish to destroy and rebuild elsewhere.
Edited by MasterBurik
  • Like 1

On 2019-01-10 at 7:38 PM, WhiteAthame said:

Wonderful idea, and a better match between grids, the 1m grid is not compatible with the 0.25 or the 0.10 and that makes it difficult to put the things symmetrically.

Ya I gave up fighting it. Despite my ocd.

I find the navigation room especially difficult in this regard. I'm convinced the room isn't perfectly symmetrical and it's not the grid.

Cool, A lot of idea here. I like the NPC one, truly give me some additional idea.
Allow me to add some suggestion of mine:

• Object Colouring : Some decoration have basic color if only there are option to use pigment color on it to match Polychrome (Ex: Tenno Pillar).
  • Structure research : Pigment farm sometimes boring since aiming to 1 target only so i was thinking how about Structure research, like pigment but research on each faction lab for unlocking new decor based on structure found in specific tileset. (Ex: Corpus locker)

• Dojo/Clan Syndicate points : By finishing Task (see below) or Alert/Arbitration/Invasion gives point that can be used for random resource available that might can aid newbie or construction. Or else simply as "Activity Points". (Ex: x Polymer for x Points)

• Task Board : Either gives specific mission that rewards points and resource or simply like Note Beacon but freely written by decorator and can be interacted for reading purpose. I prefer both. (Ex: Daily Task :Complete sortie +1000~3000, Complete Simaris task +2000, Complete 1-time "Challenge" Reward nontradable plat/forma/etc)

• Orokin lab : Since i saw there is uninteractable console maybe we could put something like connection with syndicate that allowing NPC inside dojo. (like helping each other for real)

• Syndicate NPC : An specific NPC (operative like) from each syndicate.Unlike relay NPC, the NPC gives task that once complete unlock Personal Decoration as offer and can be purchase with dojo syndicate point. The task only available for each allied player with the syndicate so clan can work off together. (Ex: Red veil operative Articula for 100k points)

• Neutral Syndicate NPC : Almost same like above, but featuring more research. (Ex: Teshin research focused on obstacle room & decor, Simaris research focused on test room like shooting range (i read this idea somewhere))

To be honest those suggestion are kinda crazy and apparently there are too much.

Anyway i also want to put feedback here: (Date : 14/01/2019)

• Clan Equipment Info totally a mystery for me.
  • Note beacon :
    • Text appear infront glasees as seen Here. Also can be seen from far away(load differently than a normal decor).
    • Would be good if there are Outline Text option.
  • Transporter :
    • Managing Transporter name would be tricky/less formating because limited character only can be use (my Zaw still could use "_")
    • The back part of Transporter are somehow annoying for me.
  • Some Particle decoration have tricky hitboxes. Sometime wide enough to block decor selection, sometime unable to found the hitboxes which either small or slightly moved.
  • Lighting set and Shadow interaction against object sometime create a result that unsatisfying.

Ok, thats all. I hope there is nothing wrong on the formatting since this is my first time using forum and want to explore more.

For me, decorating dojo are like a symbol of wealthy and maybe art. Just visiting the featured dojo and can't think how much resource cost. Somehow i don't remember how i start it, but i like to do it.

• Like 1