Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profit-Taker Phase 4 - abilities get blocked, can't cast, switch to operator or summon Archgun, Archwing, K-drive, X to revive does not work.

BrazilianJoe

It happens frequently at random, sometimes the game gets in an inconsistent state. 

Tha player cannot cast abilities - a message saying "ability in use" pops up. 

Pressing 5 to switch to Operator does not work. 

Summoning Archwing, K-drive or Arch-gun does not work. 

When downed, the action "hold X to revive" (self-revive) does not work. 

The player becomes useless to the mission. 

Theorycrafting source of the bug: 

There might be missing logic checks to reset the player state when he is downed in-between important state transitions which take time. 

Being downed or targeted by specific attacks while casting an ability, or  summoning a vehicle or archgun, or switching to Operator mode, before the transition finishes. 

Could be related to client/host sync issues. 

This is frequent in PT4, but this bug also shows up in other missions. PT4 is a reliable way to trigger it, probably because of the hectic nature of the combat.

I get this bug sometimes too. Happens when I transition between frame & operator just as either one of them got their health depleted to zero.

I jump in the nearest body of water I can find to fall off the map and force-reset myself. Works 50% of the time. If that doesn't work, then jumping on k-drive works (provided it didn't bug out).  If all else fails, I get myself killed on purpose and tell others not to revive me. This works 100% of the time. Until this gets fixed, this is what we have to do.

Right how you can fix your permanent "ability in use" state by throwing yourself into dark (water pools in any plains, dark areas under the bridges etc. in regular maps). But this is not always possible, as you can understand, cuz not all maps got these "dark" areas.

I'd like to see this bug finally fixed.