Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

twin vipers/viper wraith

Sharkgoblin

i was playing with the twin vipers wraith because its a cool looking weapon and fun to use and i even got a riven for it from sorties but even with a very good riven the weapon kinda struggle at kuva floods, and i think the problem its because of the low status chance of 9%, which i think is really low for this type of weapon, i know it was 1% before buffs and now its better, but i think having it at least 19% would help the weapon a lot, because with a better status chance combined with the high fire rate would help stripping armor faster and applying gas procs better. Another thing i'd like to point out:

on the regular viper while reloading the magazine slides out and falls on the floor, which is cool but this doesn't happen on: regular twin vipers, twin vipers wraith and viper wraith 

11 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

Some weapons aren’t meant for such high levels, it’s pointless and game brealing to buff every weapon so it can do a certain mission you want it to do. Just use something else, obviously you like it a lot, so use it where it shines 

this is not fair let at least the wraith variants to be decent, 9% status on a bullethose with low base damage is terrible, for example they buffed ignis wraith to the next dimension, weapon got great aoe, good crit, good crit multiplier, good status, incredible ammo economy, great reload speed to magazine ratio, base damage is elemental which is great, barely need to aim, great ammo reserve, heavy caliber friendly, to get this you pay like 5 plats, and  mr required is just 9 which is only 2 mr more than twin vipers wraith meanwhile:

with twin vipers wraith, you need to aim, you need to be careful on your ammo economy even with carrier or ammo mutation, has good cc, standard crit multiplier, terrible sc, base damage is mostly impact which is not the worst thing in the world but is not very good either, terrible ammo economy, not very good reload speed to magazine ratio, accurancy is not very good, to acquire this weapon you have to do 4 invasions which are 3 missions for each which are 12 missions, and it could take some time or you can buy the set for 40 plats.

viper wraith is less burst damage (less fire rate) but more accurate, and has better reload speed to magazine ratio, and got a quite nice augment that adds utility and syndacate proc, but is very expensive to get, if you are willing to wait baro it will be 75k credits and 400 ducats but if you want to get it right now from other players its gonna be 100-130p, and for some reason the mr required  to get this is 4 

im not saying to buff those weapons too much to break the game but at least to be decent, since they are not even easy to get 

3 hours ago, Elementalos said:

Really? Having fewer weapons that are just MR fodder would be game breaking? No it wouldn't.

MR progression is a thing, there’s always gonna be and needs to be a strong weapon and a weak one, there’s no shame in a weapon not performing well in a certain mission. The whole reason the OP is asking for a buff is because he wants to use it in a certain mission, like drinking soup with a fork 

MR fodder is a dumb term anyway, anything that doesn’t meant the top tier player’s dumb standards is bad apparently (no offense to you) disregarding any concept of fun or uniqueness. Imo, if you like the weapon then you use it, mainly in missions that it can perform well it so you’ll get the most outta it, hell you can even get/buy a riven for it

To answer you Q: yes it would, MR fodder is a dumb term and should serve as basis for balance which already exists, changing an item so it can be used at certain levels is also a crappy reason for any change

For lotus’s sake we’re talking about a MR7 weapon here....

Just now, GinKenshin said:

MR progression is a thing, there’s always gonna be and needs to be a strong weapon and a weak one

Why does there 'need' to be bad weapons? You lose literally nothing if the twin vipers aren't terrible.

1 minute ago, GinKenshin said:

like drinking soup with a fork 

Nah, it's like drinking soup with a spoon, but someone bent it into a pretzel shape and then flattened it because apparently forcing you to use a different spoon you might not like as much is somehow 'better'. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Elementalos said:

Why does there 'need' to be bad weapons? You lose literally nothing if the twin vipers aren't terrible.

Nah, it's like drinking soup with a spoon, but someone bent it into a pretzel shape and then flattened it because apparently forcing you to use a different spoon you might not like as much is somehow 'better'. 

If you can’t even understand the concept of weapon strength progression then idk what to tell ya dude, you can complain all you want, but this isn’t changing....and I find it funny that you’d consider a weapon to be bad solely because it can’t do sortie efficiently 

Damn, I’m craving Mushroom soup with pretzels now...at least I got something useful outta this 

2 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

For lotus’s sake we’re talking about a MR7 weapon here....

synoid gammacor is mr7 and its very powerful and got syndacate effect that restores energy, stubba is mr 7 and its both strong and easy to get, then there are a lot of mr7 primaries that are good such as dex sybaris, baza, soma prime, harpak, hema, karak wraith and also at mr 7 there are many good melee weapons such as lesion, lacera, dual keres, fragor prime.

those weapons are powerful and mr7 why the wraith variant of twin vipers has to be crap, you cant just go and release cool weapon like that and give it poor stats, like i have a riven for twin vipers and it has 166% multishot and 130% critical damage, its a good riven, but even with a minmaxed build and a riven that adds the equivalent multishot of barrel diffusion + lethal torrent and a primed target cracker the weapon still underperforms and run out of ammo very quickly, the other weapons i mentioned are mr7 but they dont need a riven to do fine, this is why i opened a thread on the forums

I have to agree with Coattoqualunque, in that the Viper Wraith does need a buff. There’s no reason a Wraith version of a weapon shouldn’t be top tier. Even if the weapon doesn’t become top tier it should get an increase in status chance at least. 

The same argument can be said for the Machete Wraith and Prova Vandal, both should be much better even if they would never be “the meta.” It would also go a long way in giving the player more viable options across the board.