The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Breathing new life into helminth charger

Xolot

There are currently 5 types of Kubrow (6 if we count Helminth charger being a part of them)

2 types of Kavat (+ venari) and many different combinations of heads and tails

Up to 3 different Moa heads, that can be combined in many ways

9 Sentinels (+ primes and prisma)

But there is only one Helminth Charger, that even though it can be considered a Kubrow, it isn't anymore as it is a Kubrow-Nidus.

Knowing where warframes come from as we do right now, having Helminth develop a different type (looks+skills) depending on wich warframe the cyst came from upon incubation would be an interesting way to make helminth charger interesting again, making it a suitable pet for most missions over the omnipresent kavats and sentinels

Example: 

An "Excal Charger" would be able to blind enemy units around it with a bioluminiscent organ coming out of its mouth, while also being able to impale and ragdoll everything around it with a burst of spikes.

• Like 2

that does sound great, and in all honesty i would absolutely love that! but what would a "mag charger" do as a helminth launching enemies about the place randomly would probably be more of a hinderance than a help. i am also curious as to what an "ivara charger" would do, because dogs launching arrows out their mouth sounds more like something from a horror movie, as does a "zeppy(zephyr) charger"

• Like 1

hace 1 hora, (XB1)Kawaii Asa dijo:

that does sound great, and in all honesty i would absolutely love that! but what would a "mag charger" do as a helminth launching enemies about the place randomly would probably be more of a hinderance than a help. i am also curious as to what an "ivara charger" would do, because dogs launching arrows out their mouth sounds more like something from a horror movie, as does a "zeppy(zephyr) charger"

I haven't though about all skill types, and if the Frame-chargers would have to inherit the whole skill or some weakened form, similar to how current Helminth Charger has Proboscis being quite similar to Larva and Trample to Virulence

Mag Charger should be able to use something similar to Mag's combo, maybe "Magnetize", but with an opposite effect, turning the magnetized ally into a bullet repeller, and "Polarize", being a pretty unique skill that no other companion has as far as I know.

Ivara Charger could use spikes, similar to how the Mutalist Moas shoot spikes at you, but giving an AI the "Quiver" could lead to a lot of bugs, maybe giving it a team wide "Prowl", similar to Huras' invis, but with the pickpocket effect added could work. As a second skill "Navigator" could do wonders as some kind of buffs that gives the buffed warframe a certain amount of homing and punch through in ranged weapons.

Zephyr Charger is a bit complex due to her moveset, but a variation of "Turbulence" for defense and a radial "Airburst" to disrupt the enemy units should be enough to make this Charger quite durable.

The true horror would be Hydroid Charger....

Edited by Xolot

A really great idea, but I fear it will lead to a lot of doubling, as the precepts shouldn't be to devastating, but will probably give some nice combinations. It would also lead to a lot of work for visuals, as they shouldn't look the same.

Ivara : just give them Stalk and a projectile based ranged attack

Zephyr : stay with trample, just change the visuals to look more like Tailwind, as a 2nd Turbulence on charger would be nice, but an Airburst could also work

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Xolot:

so True ^^

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Xolot said:

I haven't though about all skill types, and if the Frame-chargers would have to inherit the whole skill or some weakened form, similar to how current Helminth Charger has Proboscis being quite similar to Larva and Trample to Virulence

Mag Charger should be able to use something similar to Mag's combo, maybe "Magnetize", but with an opposite effect, turning the magnetized ally into a bullet repeller, and "Polarize", being a pretty unique skill that no other companion has as far as I know.

Ivara Charger could use spikes, similar to how the Mutalist Moas shoot spikes at you, but giving an AI the "Quiver" could lead to a lot of bugs, maybe giving it a team wide "Prowl", similar to Huras' invis, but with the pickpocket effect added could work. As a second skill "Navigator" could do wonders as some kind of buffs that gives the buffed warframe a certain amount of homing and punch through in ranged weapons.

Zephyr Charger is a bit complex due to her moveset, but a variation of "Turbulence" for defense and a radial "Airburst" to disrupt the enemy units should be enough to make this Charger quite durable.

oh, okies, i just thought ivara and gave myself a horrifying image of a dog with like, 200 arrows lodged in its mouth and shooting them at random, and i guess the mag charger would be useful, but if each one would have a unique appearance depending on the frame, some might be hard to figure out, like zeppy girl, who has a weirdly designed helmet. i imagine each one would be based off the standard appearance of the warframe, but what about the prime versions? would they simply use the normal charger or would they have a unique appearance and stronger abilities?

but i think that the vauban charger would be the biggest problem, as vaubans abilities are too different, but i'd imagine it would use the different mine's from the 'minelayer' ability

octavia charger would probably have what i'd call a 'passive mallet' so every so often it will act like octavia's mallet

garuda charger would probably use blood altar and a much weaker seeking talons

baruuk charger i have no clue

ash charger might use seeking shuriken and smokescreen

atlas charger would use petrify (probably)

banshee charger would use sound blast (cant remember what banshee's first ability was called), sonar and silence

chroma would probably just use spectral breath

ember might use fireball and a much smaller version of World On Fire

equinox charger might randomly swap forms and use mend and maim

frost charger might launch ice waves like the hyena (cant remember which) in the Orb Vallis

gara charger would use glass leash

harrow charger should be destroyed as no crit-god doggo

hydroid charger, just no

inaros charger would be something out a horror movie

khora charger would use a smaller strangledome

limbo charger would probably just make everyone rage so it should have no right to exist

loki charger would make decoys of itself and make both itself and the warframe invisible, and might even teleport with enemies

mesa charger would provide a passive gun damage buff to allies and would randomly provide high damage bursts to allies

mirage charger would make prism lasers but with less beams and could possibly even use hall of mirrors

nekros charger would probably have a passive desecrate and also be able to use Shadows of the Dead (companions rarely get kills so it seems fair)

nezha charger would provide warding halo to allies and also use Divine Spear with a much smaller area

nova charger would use antimatter and nova's 2nd ability

nyx charger could randomly mind control enemies or use Chaos

oberon charger could just use hallowed ground

revenant charger would work the same as nyx charger but without the Chaos and be able to control more enemies

rhino charger could provide the tenno with Iron Skin and randomly use rhino's fourth

saryn charger would randomly use spores on enemies

titania would use tribute on random enemies to provide titania's normal tribute buffs

trinity charger would use energy vampire and well of life

volt charger would create smaller volt shields and zap any enemies nearby every few seconds

wukong charger can only really use Iron Jab as wukong doesn't have any good abilities to use

thats my list of abilities for each charger, except the one's you said, but some of these chargers shouldn't be allowed to exist

• Like 1

En 18/1/2019 a las 21:45, Naneel dijo:

A really great idea, but I fear it will lead to a lot of doubling, as the precepts shouldn't be to devastating, but will probably give some nice combinations. It would also lead to a lot of work for visuals, as they shouldn't look the same.

Ivara : just give them Stalk and a projectile based ranged attack

Zephyr : stay with trample, just change the visuals to look more like Tailwind, as a 2nd Turbulence on charger would be nice, but an Airburst could also work

so True ^^

Yes, doubling is a quite concerning issue, as many warframe already have overlapping skills that only change in some aspects (slash dash, rhino charge, tailwind...) but that's part of where the fun is in these kind of things.

I intend some Chargers to be offensive, other supportive and other outright tanky, so that should help a lot with skill distribution.

En 18/1/2019 a las 22:03, (XB1)Kawaii Asa dijo:

oh, okies, i just thought ivara and gave myself a horrifying image of a dog with like, 200 arrows lodged in its mouth and shooting them at random, and i guess the mag charger would be useful, but if each one would have a unique appearance depending on the frame, some might be hard to figure out, like zeppy girl, who has a weirdly designed helmet. i imagine each one would be based off the standard appearance of the warframe, but what about the prime versions? would they simply use the normal charger or would they have a unique appearance and stronger abilities?

but i think that the vauban charger would be the biggest problem, as vaubans abilities are too different, but i'd imagine it would use the different mine's from the 'minelayer' ability

octavia charger would probably have what i'd call a 'passive mallet' so every so often it will act like octavia's mallet

garuda charger would probably use blood altar and a much weaker seeking talons

baruuk charger i have no clue

ash charger might use seeking shuriken and smokescreen

atlas charger would use petrify (probably)

banshee charger would use sound blast (cant remember what banshee's first ability was called), sonar and silence

chroma would probably just use spectral breath

ember might use fireball and a much smaller version of World On Fire

equinox charger might randomly swap forms and use mend and maim

frost charger might launch ice waves like the hyena (cant remember which) in the Orb Vallis

gara charger would use glass leash

harrow charger should be destroyed as no crit-god doggo

hydroid charger, just no

inaros charger would be something out a horror movie

khora charger would use a smaller strangledome

limbo charger would probably just make everyone rage so it should have no right to exist

loki charger would make decoys of itself and make both itself and the warframe invisible, and might even teleport with enemies

mesa charger would provide a passive gun damage buff to allies and would randomly provide high damage bursts to allies

mirage charger would make prism lasers but with less beams and could possibly even use hall of mirrors

nekros charger would probably have a passive desecrate and also be able to use Shadows of the Dead (companions rarely get kills so it seems fair)

nezha charger would provide warding halo to allies and also use Divine Spear with a much smaller area

nova charger would use antimatter and nova's 2nd ability

nyx charger could randomly mind control enemies or use Chaos

oberon charger could just use hallowed ground

revenant charger would work the same as nyx charger but without the Chaos and be able to control more enemies

rhino charger could provide the tenno with Iron Skin and randomly use rhino's fourth

saryn charger would randomly use spores on enemies

titania would use tribute on random enemies to provide titania's normal tribute buffs

trinity charger would use energy vampire and well of life

volt charger would create smaller volt shields and zap any enemies nearby every few seconds

wukong charger can only really use Iron Jab as wukong doesn't have any good abilities to use

thats my list of abilities for each charger, except the one's you said, but some of these chargers shouldn't be allowed to exist

Keep in mind that the charger is a viral monstruosity, so it wouldn't be rare that some aspects of these new chargers ended up being horrifying by themselves. I feel Infested up to this point have been quite tame in the horror department.

Zephyr charger could have feathers (we don't know the range of helminth's mutation, but looking at what it does to human, its a lot), but it would probably be better to just give it feather-like chitinous blades.

Primes shouldn't affect the visuals as what they are remains inside, the virus trait is the same for both vanila and primes, primes just have an extra layer of gold

Vauban could use infested globs with various effects or even something similar to Nidus's larva

Octavia could use a taunt like mallet, but also something that acts like the somachord needle, slicing enemy units in wide arcs with tendrils.

Garuda would probably use the lunge part of dread mirror and maybe the shooting too, and also the seeking talons

Baruuk might use Lull with sleeping spores, and would be cool for it to have serene storm as fast swipes or something 

Ash would probably use what you said, but I wouldn't be disattisfied if it divided itself in a similar way to Ash's clones...

Atlas could use petrify, but I think it would be as some kind of venom instead of pure void energy, also having it doing combo hits would be cool

Banshee is probably using those skills, maybe with the aid of special sound organs

Chroma should be a super bulky charger able to deploy the "Pelt" and use something along the lines of vex armor like normal chroma, the breath ability is still really bad.

Ember is quite troublesome, can a infested actually use fire? I mean, Ember can but... should our charger do?

If Equinox isn't a bisected two headed dog similar to Adjules of Resident Evil 5 I'm gonna feel scammed, about the skills? not sure, Equinox has too many that could be replicated in biological lvl in some way...

Frost will probably do that with some kind of freezing component or something, not sure how that would work...

Gara with some kind of brittle chitin could not only use shattered lash, but also splinter storm

Harrow charger could use tendrils to stun prey, and also release spores that make the enemy units prone to drop energy orbs upon death

Hydroid charger YES!! Equal parts disgusting and awesome, spawning infested tentacles to mash the enemy and also becoming a infested puddle that inflicts toxic and makes the enemy be slowed while stepping on it

Inaros charger would probably blind enemy and also devour them, nothing out of the ordinary here

Maybe strangledome could be a bit too much, but using tonge lashes and also summoning some kind of helminth pack could be quite awesome for a pet.

You can't get pissed with a infested limbo dog that wears a top hat, no one could ever, about how the powers could work? no idea

Loki charger would probably use that, although it irks me a bit how similar it would be to Smeeta Kavat...

I feel that a Mesa charger could work better with some skill added, I mean not only buff and forget, although it should have at least one of the ones you said, but maybe being able to mark enemy units in a similar way to Banshee's weak spots, rewarding precise aim like the normal Mesa would do as a gunner

Would be really cool to see Mirage charger use hall of mirrors, but its gonna be nightmare fuel if they decide to give it a more organic look to those clones instead of the pure energy void that Mirage uses.

Nekros charger would probably become meta the same day it was implemented.

Its better for all of us for a Nezha charger to have what you described, would be cool to have it using firewalker, but it would be useless with current AI...

Nova could work perfect that way, I only hope it can cause a weaker form of molecular prism on struck enemy.

Nyx would be great that way, even more due to mind control being already part of the Infested

Oberon could use hallowed ground, but also smite in a more bloody way.

Revenant would be another odd one, I mean, Revenant is infused with eidolon powers, but would the Helminth?

Iron skin is a must for bulky Rhino Charger, roar and stomp could both work

Saryn seems simple, but isn't that much, spores is a must but the charger could use any of her other skills depending on how they want to make it.

Titania Charger would be a waste if it couldn't become the first flying charger

For Trinity charger, Energy vampire would make her meta, but I think that having something along the lines of Nidus's Parasitic Link would work wonders

Volt would be ultra fast dog, I think that it would be cool for it to create electrical arc barriers like Dauntless' Stormclaw

Don't be so mean with poor Wukong charger, smashing the ground with its tail, and also becoming a huge could that blinds and poison enemy units could make it quite the addition to the team

Edited by Xolot

5 hours ago, Xolot said:

You can't get pissed with a infested limbo dog that wears a top hat, no one could ever, about how the powers could work? no idea

a limbo charger would be like having a pub limbo but as a companion, no weapons, and without the ability to send you to the rift! maybe it could damage rifted enemies on its own, but that would create another problem because then the rifted enemies could also damage it, and you wouldn't be able to do anything about it. but unless you have been blessed with never playing with a pub limbo then it would seem like a good idea...

• Like 1

En 22/1/2019 a las 18:46, (XB1)Kawaii Asa dijo:

a limbo charger would be like having a pub limbo but as a companion, no weapons, and without the ability to send you to the rift! maybe it could damage rifted enemies on its own, but that would create another problem because then the rifted enemies could also damage it, and you wouldn't be able to do anything about it. but unless you have been blessed with never playing with a pub limbo then it would seem like a good idea...

Been thinking about it, Ai with limbo skills could be quite troublesome, but we could give it less troublesome skills

Aoe energy regen akin to being inside the rift, while not rifted

Aoe stun for the enemy, as if they were in stasis for some seconds.

This should make it a quite desirable pet I think

1 hour ago, Xolot said:

Been thinking about it, Ai with limbo skills could be quite troublesome, but we could give it less troublesome skills

Aoe energy regen akin to being inside the rift, while not rifted

Aoe stun for the enemy, as if they were in stasis for some seconds.

This should make it a quite desirable pet I think

i didnt think about it that way, i haven't actually ever played as limbo before, so all i know about them is from the terror known as pub limbo's, but when you put them like that, they do actually sound quite useful

hace 13 minutos, (XB1)Kawaii Asa dijo:

i didnt think about it that way, i haven't actually ever played as limbo before, so all i know about them is from the terror known as pub limbo's, but when you put them like that, they do actually sound quite useful

The problem about limbo is the way he can get you into the rift plane without your consent, interrupting some actions like hacking, while also disrupting the flow of the match due to stasis and such. Thats why I decided to give the charger some neutral skills instead of allowing the AI to rift you whenever it feels like

1 minute ago, Xolot said:

The problem about limbo is the way he can get you into the rift plane without your consent, interrupting some actions like hacking, while also disrupting the flow of the match due to stasis and such. Thats why I decided to give the charger some neutral skills instead of allowing the AI to rift you whenever it feels like

i was more concerned about whether it carried 'rifted' properties as a passive and if it could rift enemies, preventing you from killing them but its rifted properties perpetually killing itself without you being able to do anything, and therefore not being able to complete extermination missions due to their now enemy count without seemingly infinite backup enemies

hace 1 hora, (XB1)Kawaii Asa dijo:

i was more concerned about whether it carried 'rifted' properties as a passive and if it could rift enemies, preventing you from killing them but its rifted properties perpetually killing itself without you being able to do anything, and therefore not being able to complete extermination missions due to their now enemy count without seemingly infinite backup enemies

Having a dog be able to rift anything is a sure recipe for disaster, although having it be invencible would be too op. I feel its better to cut the rift out of the equation when handled by AI

4 minutes ago, Xolot said:

Having a dog be able to rift anything is a sure recipe for disaster, although having it be invencible would be too op. I feel its better to cut the rift out of the equation when handled by AI

yeah... although maybe it could be a 'semi-rift' that makes enemies move slightly slower, deal 25% less damage and take 50% more damage from attacks? just an idea though

hace 38 minutos, (XB1)Kawaii Asa dijo:

yeah... although maybe it could be a 'semi-rift' that makes enemies move slightly slower, deal 25% less damage and take 50% more damage from attacks? just an idea though

Sounds good, but wouldn't that be more accurate as part of Nova charger?

hace 4 horas, (XB1)Kawaii Asa dijo:

very true, but i imagined the Nova charger using antimatter and nova's second as their abilities, or maybe even wormholes to useful locations that might have cover or something

I feel that if you are to look for skills in limbo and nova, the possibilities are due to overlap sooner or later, although they are quite different by definition. Having limbo as one of the most usefull pets would be quite ironic though, as people despise limbo