Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Individual extraction suggestion

Nemesis

In response to the 122nd Devstream about the individual extraction in survival, extraction and whatnot missions I have an idea that might be interesting and immersive. 

You know how in every extraction you go into your landing craft to fly away into your next mission? Of course you do, you've been doing that for thousands of times. Wouldn't it be great if you could actually go into it whenever you want? What I propose is to have the extraction area as normal while having the landing craft wf "slots" be interactable so you can extract on your own without bothering your teammates. (This of course requires the bug that show "players waiting for you: 0" when someone leaves while in the extraction area to be fixed)

For reference, what did the devs say in Devstream 122 regarding individual extraction? I hadn't seen any reference yet, though from what I remember in past discussions the issue seemed to be mainly technical, as the game's P2P connection system is notoriously brittle and does not handle players leaving groups mid-mission well. If this were fixed, namely by overhauling the game's connection tech (which needs to happen anyway, as it's dated and dysfunctional), I don't see why we couldn't have individual extraction, at the very least in public matchmaking.

Edited by Teridax68