The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Volumetric lighting blinks on and off, in Grineer Shipyards

sam686

When I look away, light turns off. When I look at the open door, light turns on. When I repeatedly look around, light blinks on and off. This problem only happens when Volmetric Lighting is on.

I took 2 screenshots and looked at screenshot data through HxD Hex editor. It shows the following.

/Lotus/Levels/Proc/Grineer/GrineerShipyardsMobileDefense/KJiDQmIcR8BsrCNbJij5JTGDLLmwjIKE.lp
Zone: /Lotus/Levels/GrineerShipyards/ShipyardsIntermediate03  P: -31, 4.0, 38  H:89  Log: 29233.691
Zone: /Lotus/Levels/GrineerShipyards/ShipyardsConnector05  P: 2.8, 3.9, 47  H:124  Log: 29245.307

It's probably because that lighting is not a part of that hallway, it's a part of that tile that the door is opening into. So when the door closes, the game stops rendering what's inside that tile, and when it reopens, the tile redraws and with it the foggy lighting. Same thing when you look away from it.

So if anything, the problem is that that lighting goes through the doorway and walls into rooms it's not a part of.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-01-19 at 4:13 PM, sam686 said:
/Lotus/Levels/Proc/Grineer/GrineerShipyardsMobileDefense/KJiDQmIcR8BsrCNbJij5JTGDLLmwjIKE.lp
 Zone: /Lotus/Levels/GrineerShipyards/ShipyardsIntermediate03  P: -31, 4.0, 38  H:89  Log: 29233.691
Zone: /Lotus/Levels/GrineerShipyards/ShipyardsConnector05  P: 2.8, 3.9, 47  H:124  Log: 29245.307

Hi sam686,

Thank you for providing the level info! With this we were able to reproduce the issue on our end. We will get this fixed up.

• Like 1