Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

endo but for warframes

continue

this is literally the worst idea ever but sometimes i wish i could pick up affinity while im playing a frame i actually enjoy and just put it onto a different frame 

• would this get abused even harder by farm setups? yes
  • would this lead to people not even learning the frame while they're leveling it? yes (though we already do that)
  • would this reduce the amount of time someone needs to spend grinding and allow them to play the rest of the game more? maybe

I don't think this is a good idea but I'm a little bit conflicted.

On the one hand the whole point here is that you're forced out of your comfort zone to try new things and maybe discover things you didn't realize you'd like for completionists sake.

And beyond that, mastery levels really aren't THAT important. By like... MR8 you've unlocked most of the relevant content and have access to plenty of really good weapons, it's not like huge chunks of the game are gated behind high MR, it's mostly convenience and a few specific weapons.

Third, it's not like leveling is hard. Grab your high level grineer endless mission of choice and plow through 30 levels in very little time. Super easy.

On the other hand, being forced to choose between using your favorite frame and actually being able to level up is kind of a bummer and having the game so heavily incentivize the relatively quick and mindless hydron grind diminishes the value of that whole concept of trying out new things and makes the whole process of leveling up feel kind of pointless.

Edited by Elementalos

I think you'll just have to settle for being able to earn points towards more than one thing at the same time.

So the way we have it right now is that we can play a mission, earning actual resources and rewards, but also pick up Standing for the group we're working for, Standing for our Syndicates if we're wearing the logos, and Focus from our excess Affinity. There are likely a few others, because we can also go Fishing for standing, or to specific missions that earn us rewards that are mods or new frames and so on.

If we could also earn stuff for our closet-bound frames at the same time... yeah, nobody would grind less, but nobody would play anything other than the frame they thought best for the mission at the time, and even Forma runs would now be a passive thing.