The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Constant Freezing every 3 seconds

CliffordTBRC

As soon as I get into the login screen on warframe my game constantly freezes every few seconds. I have noticed a sudden fps and gpu load drop at the same intervals as the freezes. I've set my psu to prefer max performance, reinstalled the game several times on 3 different drives, 2 of which being SSD's. I also tried disabling dx10 and it still freezes. The freezing still occurs and the game is unplayable as I cant do much when it freezes every few seconds.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, CliffordTBRC said:

As soon as I get into the login screen on warframe my game constantly freezes every few seconds. I have noticed a sudden fps and gpu load drop at the same intervals as the freezes. I've set my psu to prefer max performance, reinstalled the game several times on 3 different drives, 2 of which being SSD's. I also tried disabling dx10 and it still freezes. The freezing still occurs and the game is unplayable as I cant do much when it freezes every few seconds.

Give me your pc specs.

FINALLY- someone having the same issue. 
I can resolve it for anywhere from 10 minutes, to a couple of days, by just rebooting my PC. But it always inevitably comes back. I'm currently suspicious of my power supply, but this ONLY occurs in Warframe, and not in any of my other games. 
Maybe we can find a solution for this.

So along with DE Support, I have fixed this issue. The fix has allowed me to play warframe without it freezing. I have opened and closed the game multiple times and no freezing!!!!

It seems this is a TDR issue related with Nvidia graphic drivers. 

• Try tuning Nvidia power management to Prefer maximum performance by following the instructions here
  • Set Windows power management to High performance, and you can learn how to do it in this link or here if you are using Windows 10.

Also if you have already installed the most recent Nvidia graphic drivers, there might be an option Debug mode in this driver. You should be able to select this mode if your graphic card is overclocked somehow. if you can select it and when you select it, the driver will restore the clock speeds of your graphics cards to NVIDIA reference clock speeds.

please copy and paste this URL to your browser

You can try this options and see if it makes any difference to your problem.

• 1 month later...
On 2019-02-12 at 6:49 PM, CliffordTBRC said:

So along with DE Support, I have fixed this issue. The fix has allowed me to play warframe without it freezing. I have opened and closed the game multiple times and no freezing!!!!

It seems this is a TDR issue related with Nvidia graphic drivers. 

• Try tuning Nvidia power management to Prefer maximum performance by following the instructions here
  • Set Windows power management to High performance, and you can learn how to do it in this link or here if you are using Windows 10.

Also if you have already installed the most recent Nvidia graphic drivers, there might be an option Debug mode in this driver. You should be able to select this mode if your graphic card is overclocked somehow. if you can select it and when you select it, the driver will restore the clock speeds of your graphics cards to NVIDIA reference clock speeds.

please copy and paste this URL to your browser

You can try this options and see if it makes any difference to your problem.

This worked for me, but now a few days after fixing the issue it's back again.

16 hours ago, Waterjupiter said:

This worked for me, but now a few days after fixing the issue it's back again.

i've tried this as of today, it helped for the 1st half an hour, after that it kept stuttering no stop. This doesn´t happen on my laptop it only happens in my pc.

On 2019-03-16 at 6:57 AM, Zefat said:

i've tried this as of today, it helped for the 1st half an hour, after that it kept stuttering no stop. This doesn´t happen on my laptop it only happens in my pc.

For some reason this issue is happening to me again, imma go through my ticket and retry some steps

• Like 1

On 2019-03-16 at 6:57 AM, Zefat said:

i uninstalled razer synapse 2.0 and restarted my pc, now i dont have any freezing/stuttering

• Like 1

It most likely has nothing to do with your PC's guys... This is becoming more and more coming since the Buried Debts update. I'm almost 100% sure the issue lies with the arrival of Buried debts... If we work together and bump our posts hopefully something will be done about it.

Yeah this is defo due to this update. I run warframe at like 150-200fps. My framerate is still the same in this update but the stuttering is insane. Even in my ship. Its really irritating cause I know it's not my PC.

• 3 weeks later...

R9 290x; R51600x; 16GB 3000mhz; samsung EVO 860 500GB Windows and the game.

when left the computer idle for several hours, the game just broke and freezes every 3 seconds until i reboot the computer

all windows energy saving options are disabled, game mode disabled and graphics preference in performance mode (this reduces the freezes a bit)

Having the same issue here , I've tried multiple different methods nothing seems to last for long. This does not happen with other games , just warframe ......pretty frustrating. I think my Old PC played it just fine when I last played it a year ago , but my brand new PC is having this issue. This could be ignorance speaking but is there a way to fast track this to DE's attention? 
System Specs:

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-9700K Processor (8x 3.60GHz/12MB L3 Cache)

Memory XPG Z1 16 GB [8 GB x 2] DDR4-3000MHz
Video Card MSI Armor GeForce® RTX 2070 - 8GB 
Storage 240 GB Western Digital Green SSD + 1 TB 7200RPM Western Digital Hard Drive
Motherboard MSI Z390-A Pro with WiFi
Power Supply 600 Watt - Standard 80 PLUS Gold
Network Card PCI-E 802.11ac WiFi Card

• 4 weeks later...