Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Miso Prime Syandana - Energy Color

StarGeezerTim

Question

Although I already owned both Ember Prime and Frost Prime, I went ahead and bought the unvaulted pack mostly for the weapons and the syandanas. I've liked the look of the Miso Prime syandana in particular and so tried it out first. I noticed an issue with the way it colors: it seems to actually pick up the main energy color from the warframe and not from the syandana. The syandana's energy will try to "complement" or layer itself as best it can, but it overwhelmingly prefers the energy color from the warframe. 

Is this a bug or WAI? Just wanted to know before I submitted a report for potentially no reason. Thanks.👍

2 answers to this question

10 hours ago, StratosOmega said:

Usually there is a preview bug with a lot of energy based items, usually exiting the arsenal and going back into it solves that. Have you already tried that? Otherwise, a screenshot would help a lot!

It's rather hard to describe...I'm aware that there isn't always a 100% 1-for-1 match on colors, particularly with energy. In this case, it's almost as if it's treating the selection as an alpha mask. For instance, if I choose absolute black from the Smoke palette, it entirely turns it off. If I gradually walk up the gray scale, it reaches a point where it starts displaying artifact colors instead of a contrast, although typically much brighter than the color selected. However, if I take a dark selection with an actual color in it rather than just a gray tone, it attempts to show that color only much, MUCH higher saturation than what is selected.

So for instance, say I go with a dark purple for the syandana energy color. It comes out a vibrant fuchsia instead. See the screenshot.

Hi9p0qQ.jpg

So basically, all subtlety or nuance when trying to select a color is basically gone. You can either run with a non-colored, monochrome syandana, or one that will require welding goggles to behold. Seeming more and more like a bug, but would welcome additional input. Thanks!