Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Having the conservation animals as pets?

(XBOX)AbsorbentSnow2

Ok,so I was thinking the new animals in orb vallis already have animations,behavioral info,different colors and patterns,back story,and a way to catch them but...I have an idea. Ok so I was just thinking of the potential of the species of animals in orb vallis and I think players should be able to keep these animal as pets and since they're already a thing in the game and we have had only kavats and kubrow for a long time why not make them tameable. They looks awesome and already we have info on their behavior I think it would be cool if players could have them as pets or even just to walk around our orbiters because if I think it would be cool others probably do aswell. The sawgaw would be especially cool to have but my main focus is on the dog/wolf like creatures ex.kubrowdon I just would love to see this in the future and I'm sure it would take time but since you guys (DE) have the kavat and kubrow as examples it probably wouldn't be as hard as other stuff,especially since you already have the animal models made. These pets could be earned through Biz in Fortuna with a different mission for each type or just as a reward for catching say like 25 of that type of animal. I just thought I'd put this out there because I feel like it would be cool. Tell me what you guys think of this!

• Like 3

Le 01/02/2019 à 23:35, (XB1)SammyCat05 a dit :

Kubrowdons gene masking kit would be better

Nah it wouldn't, having a kubrowdon is better than just having a skin tbh 

Le 01/02/2019 à 23:15, (XB1)AbsorbentSnow2 a dit :

Ok,so I was thinking the new animals in orb vallis already have animations,behavioral info,different colors and patterns,back story,and a way to catch them but...I have an idea. Ok so I was just thinking of the potential of the species of animals in orb vallis and I think players should be able to keep these animal as pets and since they're already a thing in the game and we have had only kavats and kubrow for a long time why not make them tameable. They looks awesome and already we have info on their behavior I think it would be cool if players could have them as pets or even just to walk around our orbiters because if I think it would be cool others probably do aswell. The sawgaw would be especially cool to have but my main focus is on the dog/wolf like creatures ex.kubrowdon I just would love to see this in the future and I'm sure it would take time but since you guys (DE) have the kavat and kubrow as examples it probably wouldn't be as hard as other stuff,especially since you already have the animal models made. These pets could be earned through Biz in Fortuna with a different mission for each type or just as a reward for catching say like 25 of that type of animal. I just thought I'd put this out there because I feel like it would be cool. Tell me what you guys think of this!

I thought the same since the hunting system was announce, it would be awesome. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just returned from a hunt and had the same idea. I NEED a room at my orbiter that functions like a modern Noah's Arc. Inspired by the Helminth room. With an aquarium in the floor, shelves upon shelves for potted plants and a whole wall or even two that features built in terrariums to house the smaller critters like Pobbers and Vermink. Wouldn't mind some twigs for Sawgaws to sit on or a small den for the bigger animals. If they don't run around with the player, but have a fixed housing, I think it would be easier to implement and we have something to gaze upon.
I collected many plants and love the fishing and hunting in this game. Would be great if DE would give us our own zoo. That'd be a long term goal I wouldn't tire from and work my #@§ off to get.
There could even be stuff like pet food (thought of Kooby Snacks for our Kubrows for some time now that we could be allowed to craft from meat dropped in the plains. Maybe even as a replacement for the DNA stabilizers?) and respective feeding animations (like the interaction with our companions).
Just a bunch of ideas... Pretty please?

Edit: Oh and gemstone decoration! Amarast, Thyst etc look so awesome 🙂

Edited by Silescere
  • Like 1

On 2019-03-06 at 12:00 PM, Silescere said:

I just returned from a hunt and had the same idea. I NEED a room at my orbiter that functions like a modern Noah's Arc. Inspired by the Helminth room. With an aquarium in the floor, shelves upon shelves for potted plants and a whole wall or even two that features built in terrariums to house the smaller critters like Pobbers and Vermink. Wouldn't mind some twigs for Sawgaws to sit on or a small den for the bigger animals. If they don't run around with the player, but have a fixed housing, I think it would be easier to implement and we have something to gaze upon.
I collected many plants and love the fishing and hunting in this game. Would be great if DE would give us our own zoo. That'd be a long term goal I wouldn't tire from and work my #@§ off to get.
There could even be stuff like pet food (thought of Kooby Snacks for our Kubrows for some time now that we could be allowed to craft from meat dropped in the plains. Maybe even as a replacement for the DNA stabilizers?) and respective feeding animations (like the interaction with our companions).
Just a bunch of ideas... Pretty please?

I love everything about this idea I really do, and I feel like with the Railjack coming up soon this could easily become a reality (although i know it's primary function is supposed to be for combat) i feel like this mixed with my thread about the tranq guns would be a fantastic idea, it would also be good if we could "nurse them back to health" in the case with ones that have got comments like "pronounced limp" when you capture them

Edited by -KK-Rossy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-03-06 at 5:37 PM, -KK-Rossy said:

it would also be good if we could "nurse them back to health" in the case with ones that have got comments like "pronounced limp" when you capture them

actually expanding on this idea, it would also be cool, seeing as they're wild animals if we had to train the, through some sort of mini game before we could keep them as pets and ultimately combat partners.

as someone who has filled its orbiter with floofs of the many pets... it would be cool to have them as animal companions OR in the very least as gene masking kits atleast with kubrodons wich are literally just wild kubrows like with the cetus pet guy who sold the kavat gene masking kit.... im sure mechanicly most of the animals can easily just be gene kits for kubrows besides the fish one, pobbers and bird, but bird could work like a sentinel just perching nearby and swooping to do like a excalibur dash or rihno charge damage and then perch somwhere else again... pobbers... oh soo many pobbers those should just be set free in the orbiter and watch them run arround and chew the cables...

On 2019-03-22 at 6:40 AM, Max_silverfox1982 said:

pobbers... oh soo many pobbers those should just be set free in the orbiter and watch them run arround and chew the cables...

Rip Ordis lol

Edited by -KK-Rossy

• 3 years later...