Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Way to treat new players like garbage

GoatzilIa

On 2019-02-01 at 9:50 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Gotta love how people always manage to complain about something en masse literally after DE has addressed it and says they’re gonna work on it.

Not literally everyone follows their Twitter or watches the Devstreams. They shouldn't be required to gain information that should already be in the game.

• Like 1

I see where you are coming from, having started recently myself. I had to look up almost everything and even when I did I missed some vital piece of information about almost every frame (or rather how their abilities work), even having looked them up. The in-game tutorials are terrible and when starting out the game is scary (game using its own terms for almost everything doesn't help either... it took me a while to understand what that early message about increasing mastery ranks meant). You have nothing, the game doesn't tell you anything and you can't get pretty much anything until you clear like 1/3 of the solar system. The very least it could do is tell you that you have access to other MK1 weapons pretty much right away, without needing any materials (other than credits). I started with a bow and was stuck with it until MR 5 or so until I crafted my first weapon. 

7 hours ago, SarusMindfury said:

You guys are asking to "remove" a lot of things you can solve with Platinium... but free. 
"You NEED MR" Fake, i didnt focus on going up on MR till i wanted to get... i think was the Amprex. 
Yes, you NEED to wait a lot of time to unlock new frames, but, in fact, if you dont grind your face off, you should take a good part of that time on finishing the leveling up of your starter frame. Rushing MR is for when you are only farming reputation or focusing on unlocking relics, in the begining you only need to worry on MR if you are trying to "rush" the game or when you are looking for an specific weapon. 
The first frame farmed and crafted was Rhino, so i have the pain of living with 15Armour through a good chunck of the system. Add to that when you have to do the convergence where is Vakyr and noone explains "hey, she has A LOT OF ARMOR, A LOT TON OF ARMOR, maybe bring corrosive..."

Yes, the game isnt the most friendly to new players, but not cause you dont have things to do, is cause it explains... almost nothing to the new player. Maybe if you got carried to full all your starter weapons and the frame to, idk, Hidron is used, you dont feel you are doing something cause you skipped that. Other thing that can help is inviting some friends to figure what is the next step in a group. 
Finally, is a shooter-looter, if you think you are "grinding" at the begining, wait till the "end game"... 

You need MR to go to the next planet in a few spots, because a quest or node that is a requirement to unlock the junction is MR locked. This stops at MR5, which is also the point where the 24 hour timer only matters if you fail your test unless you go full psychogamer. It is pretty easy to get throttled by MR early on, waiting on MR 2 for archwings and MR3 for the Natah quest especially.

I do agree here, even as an older player I'm having to constantly look things up. If anything they need to have a wiki or in game help you can pop up anywhere in mission or out.

That being said, there are many people who help out noobs and will walk you through anything youd like, me included.

Best thing I can recommend, join a clan. That's going to be the best way for you to get help and learn quick.