The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

The War Within - Now a Tenno Trap

(NSW)Kurenai_Hibayoshi

8 hours ago, kyori said:

Why Switch topics has no NSW (I thought it is New South Wales at first lolx) in front of the topic like PS n XBOX topics? It caused confusion sometimes cos thought it is PC

Lots of other users here thought it meant New South Wales too. Why’s it even NSW? The W doesn’t make sense. It should either be (NS) or (Switch), not NSW 😕 

Edited by (NSW)NeonNebula

On 2019-02-06 at 4:15 PM, (NSW)BlurtedNonsense said:

Never mind, only the crash has been fixed. You still can't progress in the quest.

Edit: UI was  bugged, so it was said in another thread that i just had to knock it out with A then tap L and R on the golden maw and was able to get through... 

Got stuck as well. The environment went super dark and the UI disappeared after the first choice box. This post gave me hope however and I was able to take control of the maw. To get burrow use your crouch button, you can attack using melee button. Keep following the path under the stalactites until you get to a gate. After tap L + R to go out of transference and exit the cave. You should get back the UI and the quest is completable now.

Hope this helps until they get it patched.

Got pst it this morning. To anyone looking for solutions: 

1. After the cutscene ends and the bug begins, walk forward into the darkness towards the moving bones texture. 

2. When it gets close, Jam the A button a few times to force blast. If the timing is right, the burrower will get stunned (you can’t see it though)

3. Press L and R to activate the transference and gain control of the worm. You’ll see the camera shift and the maw of the worm a little bit. 

4. Once captured, head to the left of the darkness. You’ll see a stalactite formation. Move towards that and hold down L (crouch, not ZL the left trigger!) holding L will make the creature burrow. 

5. Burrow under the stalactites and move forward. Go to the upper right of the next room and you’ll see a shimmering door. Only the shimmer is visible. 

6. Go to the door and hit ZR or A to hit and break the door. Once through the door, press L and R together to exit transference. 

7. Move forward and the next segment will load, restoring the interface. 

Many thanks to everyone for their help!

Edited by (NSW)Alienomega

I have a seperate bug related to this same quest and update. Ticket submitted.

Upon reaching the section of the mission where you take control of the golden maw via transference, all ambient lighting goes black (super dark in the area), and after using transference i am unable to leave the area as the golden maw (burrowed or otherwise).

Would love a fix for this. I'm stuck as a groundhog tenno in quest while baro is still in town.

Edit: it is possible to exit the area while controlling the maw. I made it out.

Edited by (NSW)SecretSaint
Conditions changed

Second verse, same as the first. My poor little operator is stuck yanking a spare femur out of her leg every time I boot the game up. Already missed the Gift of the Lotus for the last Livestream because of this and it's really chafing my ass. How long does this sort of thing usually take to get resolved?

On 2019-02-08 at 8:51 AM, (NSW)Alienomega said:

Got pst it this morning. To anyone looking for solutions: 

1. After the cutscene ends and the bug begins, walk forward into the darkness towards the moving bones texture. 

2. When it gets close, Jam the A button a few times to force blast. If the timing is right, the burrower will get stunned (you can’t see it though)

3. Press L and R to activate the transference and gain control of the worm. You’ll see the camera shift and the maw of the worm a little bit. 

4. Once captured, head to the left of the darkness. You’ll see a stalactite formation. Move towards that and hold down L (crouch, not ZL the left trigger!) holding L will make the creature burrow. 

5. Burrow under the stalactites and move forward. Go to the upper right of the next room and you’ll see a shimmering door. Only the shimmer is visible. 

6. Go to the door and hit ZR or A to hit and break the door. Once through the door, press L and R together to exit transference. 

7. Move forward and the next segment will load, restoring the interface. 

Many thanks to everyone for their help!

And thank you for posting. If you hadn't posted this, I'd still be stuck. Now I am free of the War Within and can play normally again!

Has this now been fixed or not for people who want to start this mission now? Since I see people posting getting stuck still after the so called hotfix.

If people are still experiencing this bug, then its really messed up that DE doesn´t put a temporary warning message in the launcher, warning people not to start The War Within until this has been fixed.

So until there is no clarification on this issue, I told a friend in my clan not to start this mission and so am I.

DE can be so frustrating sometimes with their lack of communication on game breaking bugs like these.

It takes so little effort to put up a warning message and so avoid your already heavily strained support desk to be swamped with support tickets!

On 2019-02-14 at 2:53 AM, (NSW)Jeronan said:

Has this now been fixed or not for people who want to start this mission now? Since I see people posting getting stuck still after the so called hotfix.

If people are still experiencing this bug, then its really messed up that DE doesn´t put a temporary warning message in the launcher, warning people not to start The War Within until this has been fixed.

So until there is no clarification on this issue, I told a friend in my clan not to start this mission and so am I.

DE can be so frustrating sometimes with their lack of communication on game breaking bugs like these.

It takes so little effort to put up a warning message and so avoid your already heavily strained support desk to be swamped with support tickets!

I'm still stuck in there. Tried Alienomega's workaround but my golden maw wouldn't go under the stalactites no matter what angle I tried it from. I've missed out on a ton of crap as a result, I'd just avoid it for now if I were you.

• 2 weeks later...