Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disconnections with same player

mvaldess

Today I been trying to play the 4th bounty of profit-taker for 20 minutes on public, and the game matches me only with a player called "ichiofmany".

When I'm about to get outside to Orb Vallis I get disconnected.

I've tryied on Instances 1-3, and always appears the same player. I've seen other players try to play with him without success.

Edited by mvaldess
typo

• 1 month later...
On 2019-02-07 at 5:38 PM, EDM774 said:

remove his name from the post or you'll get taken down for "naming and shaming" read the Community Guidelines next time.

you're right, but the named player wasn't at fault (likely). something is wrong with the matchmaking in the valis - at least if you try to enter the 'free roam' mode from your orbiter and also fairly often when going out of the door in fortuna. heist and bounty mission work as good or bad as usual, so i guess it has something to do with the exploiter mission (since the problem started with the operation). same goes with the free roaming when one wants to do some fractures, since it's the same procedure.

ofc, the 'named player' could be responsible if using certain software (or just console commands) to kick incomming connections (or could even flood a host to prevent connection)... but since the run of the mill players here mostly don't even know the basic of the hardware they uses, i strongly doubt that this is the case - also, i have this happen so many times the last few days with so many different users (some i even know) that this is more likely a problem with the control server or some net-code DE changed (wouldn't be the first time that happened - with very similar effect on the game ^^)

@mvaldess: it may seem strange that you connected 3 times to the same player, but that happens far more often then one might think. the player might locally close to you and since that usually means a good connection to one another the chance are high that you get connected to this one - especially since he/she is staying outside in the valis (and likely wondering about the many players connecting and disconnecting, feeling like a pariah for that ^^).  also, during the wee hours of the day when not many players from arounf the same region are active, this happen often.

still, edit the name out before you get in trouble...