Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

chroma prime worth it?

xXKwisatzHaderachXx

All warframes and weapons should be used and leveled up to increase your mastery rank. You benefit a lot from having a higher mastery rank. Like extra trades, daily tribute for like your syndicates, or more void traces to be held till you get a certain relic. Plus having every type of warframe(prime or regular) helps you with having more options to choose from. And with DE changing or improving some warframes, it is less regrettable having them.

But onto the warframe itself, Chroma has changed a lot since the release of the Hydrolist. Chroma use to be able to do a lot of damage. Which made sense to me. He buffs the weapons to like 8-10x the usual. Making weapons more useful. In my opinion, that is a bit over powered. But perfect for Eidolon hunts.

But DE changed or “fixed” his Vex Armor ability where it increases weapon damage ADDITIVELY. People keep trying to compare chroma’s roughly 1,000% to Rhino’s 200% roar but they ignorantly forgetting to point out one ☝️ thing. Rhino’s Roar is multiplicative while Chroma’s Vex Armor Fury is additive. So for an example:

Let’s say a lanka with 525 based damage was buffed by either warframe. Chroma’s Fury at 1,000% would make it 5,250 while Rhino’s Roar at 200% would make it 1,575. At first glance that is super good right? Nooot quite. Because if you added enough mods to make the lanka do 10,000 damage, like mine, Chroma’s Fury would turn it into roughly 15,000. But Rhino’s Roar multiplies all the damage, thus turning 10,000 damage into 30,000. Chroma use to be able to turn 10,000 into 100,000. 

I figured it was a perfect balance since all of chroma’s buff only applies to the weapons while Rhino’s applies to everything. Even abilities. It allows teamwork like equinox or saryn to be able to kill high level enemies. While chroma is more of a lone wolf but now he can’t even be that very well anymore. Chroma is no longer the go to warframe for Eidolon hunts. Rhino is. And with a maxed Madurai Void Strike on your Tenno’s Focus Tree, damaging yourself to activate Vex Armor is literally suicide. Making Rhino and better option. 

I believe DE needs to recalculate Chroma’s ability to make vex armor increase weapon damage by like 5x. Being that damage is required to use it and it only applies to weapons. Basically cut the maximum percentage of Fury in half and make it multiplicative. Rhino would still be a go to frame for boosting teammates ability damage while chroma would become useful again and bring the weapons back into the spotlight. 

Now the example I gave you is based on a high damage weapon. Imagine the weaker ones. So while a maxed strength rhino triples the damage, chroma barely increases it by 1.5x.

Just letting you know what to expect.

19 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

All warframes and weapons should be used and leveled up to increase your mastery rank. You benefit a lot from having a higher mastery rank. Like extra trades, daily tribute for like your syndicates, or more void traces to be held till you get a certain relic. Plus having every type of warframe(prime or regular) helps you with having more options to choose from. And with DE changing or improving some warframes, it is less regrettable having them.

But onto the warframe itself, Chroma has changed a lot since the release of the Hydrolist. Chroma use to be able to do a lot of damage. Which made sense to me. He buffs the weapons to like 8-10x the usual. Making weapons more useful. In my opinion, that is a bit over powered. But perfect for Eidolon hunts.

But DE changed or “fixed” his Vex Armor ability where it increases weapon damage ADDITIVELY. People keep trying to compare chroma’s roughly 1,000% to Rhino’s 200% roar but they ignorantly forgetting to point out one ☝️ thing. Rhino’s Roar is multiplicative while Chroma’s Vex Armor Fury is additive. So for an example:

Let’s say a lanka with 525 based damage was buffed by either warframe. Chroma’s Fury at 1,000% would make it 5,250 while Rhino’s Roar at 200% would make it 1,575. At first glance that is super good right? Nooot quite. Because if you added enough mods to make the lanka do 10,000 damage, like mine, Chroma’s Fury would turn it into roughly 15,000. But Rhino’s Roar multiplies all the damage, thus turning 10,000 damage into 30,000. Chroma use to be able to turn 10,000 into 100,000. 

I figured it was a perfect balance since all of chroma’s buff only applies to the weapons while Rhino’s applies to everything. Even abilities. It allows teamwork like equinox or saryn to be able to kill high level enemies. While chroma is more of a lone wolf but now he can’t even be that very well anymore. Chroma is no longer the go to warframe for Eidolon hunts. Rhino is. And with a maxed Madurai Void Strike on your Tenno’s Focus Tree, damaging yourself to activate Vex Armor is literally suicide. Making Rhino and better option. 

I believe DE needs to recalculate Chroma’s ability to make vex armor increase weapon damage by like 5x. Being that damage is required to use it and it only applies to weapons. Basically cut the maximum percentage of Fury in half and make it multiplicative. Rhino would still be a go to frame for boosting teammates ability damage while chroma would become useful again and bring the weapons back into the spotlight. 

Now the example I gave you is based on a high damage weapon. Imagine the weaker ones. So while a maxed strength rhino triples the damage, chroma barely increases it by 1.5x.

Just letting you know what to expect.

i really was expecting a very op warframe, but i think it looks very cool and  it's nice to start killing some eidolons, thx my dude

19 hours ago, xXKwisatzHaderachXx said:

i really was expecting a very op warframe, but i think it looks very cool and  it's nice to start killing some eidolons, thx my dude

Best way to make chroma more useful is to focus more on non-pure damage mods. Like elemental or physical enhanced mods, multi shot(cause that doesn’t really increase the damage but the number of bullets fired and more bullets means more damage). Then there’s the critical mods. With mods like serration for rifles being removed for chroma’s ability to take up the role, you can make the weapon do a lot of critical damage in its place.

Since elemental and physical damage is increased by chroma’s ability plus more space for critical mods, you can make chroma do about twice the damage compared to a build that uses pure damage mods with a rhino. But it still requires damaging yourself so Madurai Void Strike is best used by rhino. 

I still feel that chroma’s damage buffing should still be higher since it only affects weapons. And won’t need Void Strike to beat a Hydrolyst. 

Also Vex Armor can be recast over and over to keep the buff going while rhino has to wait till it wears off before it can be activated again. So if you reactivate it in the last few seconds, you won’t have to damage yourself again. 

I did the test in the simulacrum and compared the damage difference between the slightly different weapon builds and the rhino. The simulacrum isn’t always reliable since alerted enemies take less damage and unalerted enemies take more. So you may see enemies die quickly by abilities while others of the same type don’t. Just be aware of that so you don’t make the same assumptions about different warframe abilities doing more damage than others. Definitely requires an open and more creative mind.