Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Vex Armor Fury Buff.

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

I’m sure many have made similar posts but none seem to get deep into the calculations. I’ve done many tests with chroma. I don’t know if this was intended but now Rhino is better than chroma in every way.

Chroma’s Fury is a lot weaker than before. People focus and argue too much on the percentage size while ignoring one major difference. Vex Armor is additive while Rhino’s Roar is multiplicative. Chroma would have Rhino beat if weapons had no mods. But because they do, rhino ultimately becomes the superior damage frame in the end. Because roar increases ALL damage while fury only increases BASE damage. Then on top of that, Rhino buffs everything while Chroma only buffs weapons. 

I understand there was some bug that DE chose not care about till the release of Hydrolist, but completely Nerfing Chroma was not exactly fair. Changing the calculations a bit to where it wasn’t too high would’ve been okay but this👇🏻, this wasn’t. 

For example my lanka can do about 15,000 damage(not including critical). Chroma only turns it to about 20,000 since the base damage of the lanka is 525 and chroma increases it by roughly 1,000%. My chroma anyways. While my rhino at 337% ability strength plus energy conversion and growing power Aura, has a Roar at 206% which over triples my lanka’s overall damage. Making it over 45,000. Still not enough to completely one shot an Eidolon, especially a Hydrolist, but with Madurai Void Strike and a coordinated team, it can. Much easier than a Chroma.

Oh and the best part? Rhino requires no damage for roar to be useful. Void strike makes vex armor suicidal. 

I believe Fury should function the same way Roar does except self damage is the key to making it better. Basically the damage done to his health increases the percentage to maybe 300-400%, no higher than 500-600%, multiplicatively. Basically whatever the highest percentage is right now, should be cut in half or thirds and used multiplicatively like rhino’s roar.

I believe that would be fair since damage is required and it only buffs weapons. Rhino may be the go to frame for coordinated team ability field wiping while chroma would be the go to frame for solo weapon use. Bringing chroma back into the field. His Fury may be slightly higher than rhino’s roar but it would be balanced out by the required damage and buffable limitation. 

So my lanka may be buffed to 45,000 by rhino but this change to chroma would make it 60,000-75,000. No higher than 90,000. No more than twice the buff as rhino but limited to weapons and requires a bit of sacrifice. Void Strike would still be better with Rhino than Chroma, but at least Chroma would still be useful without it.

I don’t expect the changes to happen any time soon, but I do hope it does get considered. And so does many people I know who used to love Chroma. 

23 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

I’m sure many have made similar posts but none seem to get deep into the calculations.

[...]

For example my lanka can do about 15,000 damage(not including critical). Chroma only turns it to about 20,000 since the base damage of the lanka is 525 and chroma increases it by roughly 1,000%. My chroma anyways. While my rhino at 337% ability strength plus energy conversion and growing power Aura, has a Roar at 206% which over triples my lanka’s overall damage. Making it over 45,000. Still not enough to completely one shot an Eidolon, especially a Hydrolist, but with Madurai Void Strike and a coordinated team, it can. Much easier than a Chroma.

You didn't get deep into the calculations either.
You need to test stuff with the same power strength on both, Rhino and Chroma.
You have to provide builds and post them here. Show screenshots from your test.
And, this might sound harsh, think about your results.

The fact that Chroma can use weapons without there base damage mods is quite the advantage. This way, you can use another elemental mod on your weapon for Orb Fights for example.
And don't just go by the damage buff alone. Chroma's Vex Armor isn't just a damage buff. It gives armor aswell. Rhino's Roar doesn't do that.

And btw. I never had any trouble oneshotting Eidolons with my Chroma. Seems like you are doing it wrong.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Yeah we kinda covered this the day of Chroma buff change. Rhino is better at buffing dmg. But at least Chroma can now spread his Armor Fury to his teammates which I think is suppose to make up for it. Chroma can still dish out good good dmg. I still see players bring him out to fight the Orb. 

Yeah but that requires being close to chroma while rhino requires being close for a second. My rhino build has 206% roar, 145% range, and 36 second duration. The only benefit of chroma would be the armor buff, but Nezha can do a better, less complicated job. I’ve done many tests, even with chroma loving players, and we all agree that chroma’s Fury needs a little buff. Being able to multiply the weapon damage by 4x to 6x, compared to Rhino’s 3x, would help and make him more balanced. Especially since players use less range most of time so teammates barely benefit at all and it requires sacrifice to use which can be risky and it only affects weapons. Basically too many downsides to the ability compared to Rhino’s upsides. 

I know a guy who loved chroma. I would combine my rhino with his chroma to destroy any boss. Not to mention my nidus doubling his power strength. We even did fissures where my nidus tripled his doubled power strength and his second ability made his health over 5,000. His fury was over 4,000. 

But now, rhino is the best option for buffing. I really want to have an excuse to use chroma again. But until DE buffs his Fury(not to before the “fix”), I have no use for him. And many people I know are pretty upset about it. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Yeah we kinda covered this the day of Chroma buff change. Rhino is better at buffing dmg. But at least Chroma can now spread his Armor Fury to his teammates which I think is suppose to make up for it. Chroma can still dish out good good dmg. I still see players bring him out to fight the Orb. 

Now that I’m thinking about it. Chroma could be useful for focusing more on other non base damage buffing mods. Like if you’re using a melee and stack up on critical chance, critical damage, speed, and combos, chroma would be more useful than rhino. Rhino would be better for pure damage builds. But chroma could be used more strategically. 

Like if you have a 100% critical chance, 8x critical multiplier, and like 1.8 melee speed, plus blood rush, chroma could be the one that increases the base damage more than rhino. Like the base damage is 200, chroma would turn it into 2,000 and the critical would make it 16,000. While with rhino, 200 x 8 x roar = 1,600 x 3 = 4,800. Then all that speed and combo multiplier.

Maybe if DE added more mods to make weapons better that don’t focus on the base damage as much. Like more critical mods, then chroma would be more useful against high difficulty bosses. 

Something to test out later.

Chroma vex armor is now and additive buff with base dmg mods like serration, this means you dont want them in your builds when using vex armor, because you're better of adding something like elemental dmg because its multiplicative. Chromas buff in terms of dmg is still higher then that of rhino, though rhinos buff is more versatile and easier to use. With my chroma build I can supply my team with an 793% fury and 1009% scorn buff in a 30m radius for 43s, and I can sustain that buff for over 2h with just zenurik alone. If dont want to buff my allies, I can use my solo build with 1013% fury and 1289% scorn to buff myself. Chromas vex armor is a really good ability which doesnt need further change, though that doesnt mean he isnt in need of a dire rework. He lost around 70% of his total ehp and half of his kit is trash. Vex armor is so good that it allows him to still remain relevant in  the meta, which is a testament to how good it is even after its nerf. If you want I can share my builds with you.