Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

daikyu

Bodvar_Brown

Just now, Benour said:

That build you posted is complete garbage btw. Hammer shot roflmao no element combo. Fanged fussil and no HM. But for the lvl 30 "owning" it sure works wonders. :facepalm: Anything else? 

Yup, I couldn't care less about your almighty opinion.

Il y a 2 heures, nonscience a dit :

But, you first need a crit to get the extra roll. And the daikyu starts with a 20% chance, which is low in the bow department. You'll need to sacrifice more mods to up that to a state where it can crit reliably. Which will lower other important things you may want, such as fire rate for example.

That's why a riven is a really good start to build a hybrid Daikyu, if you can roll some fire rate along with more critical it's a win-win. I know fire rate is important since Daikyu can only charge shot but a fire rate mod is really a waste of a slot if you don't use a riven. More slash could also be be acquired through a riven, you don't even need a god roll riven since most of the things you need are mostly convenient.

20% isn't the best you can have for a bow but it's enough to build it hybrid (ie. with Point strike and an Avenger arcane you're all set - More with a riven or a Kavat and you can orange crit) so HM is perfectly viable. Slash is a small portion of a Daikyu and even a smaller portion if you build it with corrosive or viral, i'm pretty sure both can be used at the same time without stacking too much. You won't shoot fast so you don't want to shoot dozen of arrows before you get a bleed. 😄

What you need is (1) enough slash proc (2) enough crit to deal huge bleeds, headshots and critical damage or base damage if you don't crit (3) a viral proc or some gaz against infested/corpus. I don't think that only one build is viable, you can do a lot of things with such a weapon, which is good news.

1 hour ago, Benour said:

That build you posted is complete garbage btw. Hammer shot roflmao no element combo. Fanged fussil and no HM. But for the lvl 30 "owning" it sure works wonders. :facepalm: Anything else? 

Actually that build works much better against lvl 100+ grineer than you think.  

8 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

That's why a riven is a really good start to build a hybrid Daikyu, if you can roll some fire rate along with more critical it's a win-win. I know fire rate is important since Daikyu can only charge shot but a fire rate mod is really a waste of a slot if you don't use a riven. More slash could also be be acquired through a riven, you don't even need a god roll riven since most of the things you need are mostly convenient.

20% isn't the best you can have for a bow but it's enough to build it hybrid (ie. with Point strike and an Avenger arcane you're all set - More with a riven or a Kavat and you can orange crit) so HM is perfectly viable. Slash is a small portion of a Daikyu and even a smaller portion if you build it with corrosive or viral, i'm pretty sure both can be used at the same time without stacking too much. You won't shoot fast so you don't want to shoot dozen of arrows before you get a bleed. 😄

What you need is (1) enough slash proc (2) enough crit to deal huge bleeds, headshots and critical damage or base damage if you don't crit (3) a viral proc or some gaz against infested/corpus. I don't think that only one build is viable, you can do a lot of things with such a weapon, which is good news.

I actually used a riven to form the basis of my hybrid Daikyu build.  My riven boosts both crit chance and slash.  Used in combo with my Adarza Crit kitty, I'm pretty much guaranteed high damaging crits with multiple status procs per shot that are usually slash.  Since the crits and headshot bonuses boost the damage of the status procs too, it makes the AoE from the Gas take out surrounding enemies as well.  Don't even need Hunter's as it would somewhat lower overall damage.  You can see the shot of my build on the first page.  😄  

Agreed, once you get your hands on a good CC riven, then you can start building around HM and/or viral. I assume, seeing OP's mods on the builds he posted here, that he doesn't have any. So I talked around affordable mods 🙂

Adarza kavat are great addition to or while waiting for a riven, that flat 60% additional CC can make your daikyu go into that sweet yellow range. Arcane rage is excellent.
After that, it depends on the faction you're hunting, gas is definitely an option.

3 minutes ago, nonscience said:

gas is definitely an option.

Here's the interesting thing about Gas on the Daikyu.  The AoE from it on the Daikyu is larger than on all other bows except the Lenz.  So much so that it's very comparable to the Gas Lanka AoE and the splash damage from the Opticor.   I never really figured out why though.  

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

Here's the interesting thing about Gas on the Daikyu.  The AoE from it on the Daikyu is larger than on all other bows except the Lenz.  So much so that it's very comparable to the Gas Lanka AoE and the splash damage from the Opticor.   I never really figured out why though.  

Never realised that, I'll give it a try later today. Might be a funny way to get rid of corpus hordes ^^

On 2019-03-14 at 1:27 AM, DatDarkOne said:

i will try that