The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No More Mutagen Samples (Cannot Be Found)

-CM-True

No bug, they seem to have moved to orokin derelicts only, which seems logical, as without it, it would make no sense going there (besides Nekros). Now, with all the new infested research things, you need mutagen on masse, so there is your reason to go to the orokin derelicts ;)

Mutagen makes logical sence to be droping droping form any Infested. 

Putting it only on derelicts is more a move about forcing people to play (whether or not its intentional) derelects to actually make the infested weaponry.

Basically means you need keys to get the resource, which is making it harder on newer players (especially given research costs of 25-40 per item for a ghost clan), as older players likely have allot saved up already.

Edited by Loswaith

DE made so many missteps on this update and locking fundamental resources is probably the worst one of them all. We now have to farm mats to get keys to farm mats. i would have loved to be in the room when the person with this idea was telling the rest of the staff, and why didn't anyone choke that guy out right then?

Seerusly? Only from Derelicts?

How the frick am I going to ever find enough of it then!? It was frigging rare when it dropped on 2 OUT OF 14 PLANETS, and now I have to enter a special mission for it? 

This has to be a stupid joke or some incredibly nonsense bug.

EDIT: Read 2 post down

Edited by Floipd

After just receiving my final Nekros BP I will have to nuance my previous comment: The droprates are pretty good for Mutagen even if you have to go to the Derelicts..I have to admit that I think this is less time-intensive farming then before tbh.

Mutagen makes logical sence to be droping droping form any Infested. 

Putting it only on derelicts is more a move about forcing people to play (whether or not its intentional) derelects to actually make the infested weaponry.

Basically means you need keys to get the resource, which is making it harder on newer players (especially given research costs of 25-40 per item for a ghost clan), as older players likely have allot saved up already.

Derelict Nav Coordinates drop frequently from any normal missions and you only need 5 to make one Orokin Derelict mission key.

In those missions, Mutagen Masses drop quite frequently (as in, not as rare a drop as they were in the normal missions) making it even easier to find them.

New players, once they have reached the required Mastery rank for those clan weapons, will likely face one of the 2 following situations :

• Already have quite enough Mutagen Mass to craft the components 10 times over
  • Enough Nav coordinates to craft hundreds of Orokin Derelict mission keys which, with the Mutagen Mass drop rate, they'll quickly have those resources handy

It's more of a matter of adjusting since long time players don't have, right now, the incredible amount of Derelict Nav Coordinates (and thus, Mutagen Masses) that a new player who'd have spent as much time playing as us would have. It should return to relative normalcy in a month or two overall.

Edited by Wiegraf

^ please i have a lot of this mutagens samples... well i had until i donated them.

thing is, that let say after 25 waves on DED i got like 15 samples. it's one MM when i need 40. 40 MMs is 20 days on crafting. TWENTY DAYS for crafting resources alone. And i hope it's 40 not 60 or more because djinn is not ready yet and i can't tell how much will it take to craft this sent and synapse rifle is on it's way.

stop kissing DE's &#! already, they are making this gaming punishing to play. It is not matter of ajusting it is about common sense. Instead of game that fun to play they are making it a hard work instead.

Let say for moon clan that have 1000 members it is not a problem to collect 6k mutagen samples, after all it's just 6 units from each member. But crafting time for MMs? what about that? Do you really think there are that many people who will boost 10 MMs for 250 plat? And it's not even about the money it is just about understanding.

Moving forward. Research is done, weapons crafted, leveled, formad and leveled again - what next?..

i will let this question hang because answer is rather simple one. And this is where DE are making same mistake over and over again. We need content NOW our dear DE, because we have nothing to do in your game.

^ please i have a lot of this mutagens samples... well i had until i donated them.

thing is, that let say after 25 waves on DED i got like 15 samples. it's one MM when i need 40. 40 MMs is 20 days on crafting. TWENTY DAYS for crafting resources alone. And i hope it's 40 not 60 or more because djinn is not ready yet and i can't tell how much will it take to craft this sent and synapse rifle is on it's way.

stop kissing DE's &#! already, they are making this gaming punishing to play. It is not matter of ajusting it is about common sense. Instead of game that fun to play they are making it a hard work instead.

Crafting is done passively at the press of a button and as I said, the problem old players have is that they're limited only to new content that's just released and want it right away. New players won't face that kind of problem since it'll take them months to make it up to the point most old players are and have the resources ready by then. Also, while that's crafting, you're not stuck idle waiting for it to end to continue playing.

The dev team can't only cater to existing players; they also have to considering the natural progression from a new player's standpoint. If you really must have everything right away, then feel free to rush the crafting process. Otherwise, understanding you can't have everything right away just because you have been around longer when the new stuff comes in is the first step in the right direction.

As far as &#!-kissing goes, I'm merely being reasonable in understanding that things will come in time and not simply be handed to me which, by the looks of it, a lot of people tend to forget. If you really want stuff given to you, then feel free to hand out the cash; else, get in line with everyone else who prefers to use the longer yet free way.

thing is i must endure content for new players, when DE do not provide content for my level at all. and point of building time is still stands. i can allow myself to build MM without delays, and new guys must grind them first and only after start building it.

Edited by Althix

I agree. I think it is ridiculous I have to spend hours and hours crafting keys just to spend even more hours grinding for like 5 samples at a time when you need 10 to create 1 mass. Half of the new items require 10 or 15  masses. That is going to take forever. I get that is becomes a status symbol and something to work towards, but the samples should be on at least one easy accessible planet.

Come on guys, be fair. Everyone goes to the Derelict to get Nekros parts. By the time I had all BPs I had enough Mutagen to make 12 Masses (not counting Research donations), and that's while I wasn't even actively looking for it. I myself hardly realized it untill I started building Nekros that this was a piece of cake. ( before U10 I had 66 Samples in about 180 hours of gameplay, I almst made the same amount after U10 in a few days).

Also: Clan Research is supposed to be done by multiple people. It is NOT the idea that you are the only one donating everything, or your clan is kinda messed. If you don't have enough Samples to instantly start research someone else will donate the rest, while you can go farm Nekros and get enough Mutagen to craft at least one of the researched things later on.

As a note, I have 90 navs, just running around with master theif, thiefs wit, a loki, and rush mod. =D And I wasn't looking for navs, I was looking for circuits, which I was able to grab 500 of at the end in about 10-15 minutes tops. And I'm not spending my entire day playing this game, I just play on nights when I can, and honestly? Resources are surprisingly easy to come by. I can see any new player, trying to get to mastery rank 8. When he/she does, he will just have a stash a derelict keys and wondering what to do with them.

Seriously, it's not hard. I thought navs would be hard to drop, especially when I only got 1-2 on my first run. Then I started to get 5-6... every freaking mission I do, whether or not I try to find them. First orokin derelict run? 8 golem navs. And I've gotten 8 everytime. So... yeah... easy stuff. This is a dream compared to what grinding is like in diablo III, and you HAD to pay full price just to play that game~!

By the time I had all BPs I had enough Mutagen to make 12 Masses (not counting Research donations), and that's while I wasn't even actively looking for it. I myself hardly realized it untill I started building Nekros that this was a piece of cake. ( before U10 I had 66 Samples in about 180 hours of gameplay, I almst made the same amount after U10 in a few days).

Well, and I got Nekros in 4 runs, which (also counting other OD missions) brought me about 40 mutagens. Which were spent on just research.

Well, and I got Nekros in 4 runs, which (also counting other OD missions) brought me about 40 mutagens. Which were spent on just research.

Okok, unless you are a lucky snapper you will get a lotof runs, thus samples ;)

I myself did about 20 runs, I think.

Come on guys, be fair. Everyone goes to the Derelict to get Nekros parts. By the time I had all BPs I had enough Mutagen to make 12 Masses (not counting Research donations), and that's while I wasn't even actively looking for it. I myself hardly realized it untill I started building Nekros that this was a piece of cake. ( before U10 I had 66 Samples in about 180 hours of gameplay, I almst made the same amount after U10 in a few days).

Also: Clan Research is supposed to be done by multiple people. It is NOT the idea that you are the only one donating everything, or your clan is kinda messed. If you don't have enough Samples to instantly start research someone else will donate the rest, while you can go farm Nekros and get enough Mutagen to craft at least one of the researched things later on.

Well given just to build the weapons you need 340 mutagen samples, however to build all the Energy weapons you need only 230 fielderon samples, yet Fielderon drops on half the planets, mutagen only on the derelects.

Kinda skewed.

Edited by Loswaith