The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

PC shutdown each time I go on Orb Vallis

Golork

Hello guys, 

I just change my old graphic card (EVGA Geforce 660 GTX superclocked) to one of the new RTX as the "MSI GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS XS 6G OC".

But since I use that new one, I got some shutdown whenever I go to Orb Vallis. But if I play any normal map I don't have any problem.
When I say "shutdown" I mean, the computer shutdown then after ~5sec it reboot.
- I try with max and medium quality graphics -> same problem.
- I try to play one game that I can't play with my old CG like No Man's Sky (with max quality graphics), I don't have any problem of shutdown.
- I try with some other game that require a good graphic card, still no problem.
- With my old GTX 660, i don't have any problem when going on Orb Vallis

I think I have the same problem as people in this thread warframe completly shuts down my pc

My computer perks :
Intel Core i5 2500k - Socket 1155
Motherboard : MSI Z77A-G41
8 GB of GSkill DDR 3 PC 12800
1 Intel SSD + 2 HDs
Power Supply : Thermaltake Toughpower 700W Cable Management (for this one I use a 6 pins to 8 pins converter)

I think a lot of people might say "it's a PSU problem", but so why it shutdown only in Orb Vallis ?

EDIT : If I play on low detail, I don't have any shutdown, but playing warframe on low with a RTX, meh...

Edited by Golork

Check your temperatures. Most likely, something's overheating (CPU, or the VRMs on the motherboard), the new powerful graphics card puts more strain on them, and the heavy resource load in Orb Vallis is just enough to push the temperatures over the edge.

I've had similar things happen long ago after an upgrade, and not in Warframe. A cooler placed on the motherboard north bridge and another one pointed at the VRMs eliminated the overheating, it's all good since then.

Edited by ArgusXen

On 2019-02-22 at 5:11 PM, Golork said:

Power Supply : Thermaltake Toughpower 700W Cable Management (for this one I use a 6 pins to 8 pins converter)

User manual, page 14/15 from google search: https://www.google.com/search?q=Thermaltake+Toughpower+700W+Cable+Management+user+manual

This power supply model have multiple 12 volt rails of 18 amps each.

Most likely overloaded a rail in power supply or power adapter problem. Is this a dual 6 pin input to a single 8 pin output adapter? Is both 6 pins from PSU plugged into this adapter? My XFX RX 580 came with this adapter (2x 6 pin to single 8 pin) and it works fine.

probably overheating, and the usual suspect is Intel's Turbo Boost feature throwing your CPU temp's higher than your machine can handle, you can test by searching google for "windows intel turbo boost registry tweak" or find a site that explains it a bit better such as

Reddit post on Disabling Intel Turbo Boost

the reg tweak adds extra options to processor power management in your advanced power options so you can easily test, or you can often look in your BIOS, some BIOS have the intel turbo boost option in there, if so use that, if not, try 1 of the registry tweaks available online matching your version of winblows.

My older motherboard/cpu had this issue, all was fine at its normal 3.1ghz, but it would turbo to 3.9ghz and would implode due to the heat after a while and just turned off.

Edited by Methanoid