Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No more realistic lighting overhauls happening?

Zareek

Heya!

I remember the first time I saw one of those overhauls. I believe it was a grineer map? I just remember I was extremely impressed, and I couldnt wait for more maps to get comfortable lighting. So after close to 2 years away, I come back and see this:

8B8563FA1274D19755A2C67769718C32BF34E201

I turned bloom off, as I thought they were the cause for the glowing gates, and overall extremely bright lighting on the map, but that wasnt the case. I tried messin with the settings a bit, but nothing seemed to work. So Im gonna assume this is still a part of the level design. (If I'm wrong, please do let me know)

I guess I was hoping for more progress with the overall lighting. HAS there been any progress? Or has the staff been too occupied with new maps? Regardless, I hope to see this fixed. I mean, if this isnt an error on my part, then this is pretty absurd.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Zareek

4 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Oh, they're working on it.

They're working on it real good.

That's refreshing news. However it seems mostly focused on newer maps? Id like to be able to play older maps without being blinded by a door xD

Just now, Perral said:

It's not focused on specific maps, this is an engine upgrade. It will affect all areas, to our knowledge.

Oh? It seemed from previous updates on the matter, that they made 1 map at a time. I believe they started off by releasing 1 map reworked. But hey if that's the case, thats wonderful news!

2 minutes ago, Zareek said:

Oh? It seemed from previous updates on the matter, that they made 1 map at a time. I believe they started off by releasing 1 map reworked. But hey if that's the case, thats wonderful news!

The actual map changes are one at a time, the lighting and rendering changes will be global. The other thing they did one at a time was PBR, but they've finished that overhaul.

Edited by Perral