Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer "seekers"

Andels

I had a chance to meet the new Grineer mob... The Grineer Seeker.

While i find this mob challenging as i like it, there is a slight problem...

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but if the seeker hits electrocution, it seems to last forever. Personal experience as one fifteen minutes passed by under this electrocution, no chance to get out of it other than utterly dyin. Best part of it; other Grineer weren't even trying to kill me while i was under shock treatment. I was left with no other options than to abort the mission.

Don't get me wrong, i don't hate Seekers that much, and i like the challenge they bring to Grineer maps. It just makes playing solo or sometimes even two player co-op impossible.

Thought to mention about this since there seems to be no other posts about this.

My bet is on a bug. But even if it electrocutes you to death... There should at least be a way to get rid of it without help of other player. As it makes playing solo really frustrating in one point or another.

Anyways, i kinda like them when playing with one or more players as this one really points out the best it's a co-op game... Kinda forces a group to stick together. To play, well... Co-operatively!

I love the Seekers, brings something new to the table. But the duration must be un-intentional, got a taste of it on my last mission. Beeing stuck forever untill you get help is kind of meh, and if you solo, your screwed.

But once again, I do not think it is intentional.

Probably supposed to end at 0 shield or after a certain duration.

Electricity attack? I met two Seekers today on an Earth mission and all they did was deploy the new grinders at me or shoot my face off with the Kraken (yes that's the weapon they're using). Maybe it was just luck and they didn't use it on me, or maybe it got changed already? i dunno :x the Electrolling sounds like a bug though

Yeah the Seekers are real nice in multiplayer. Team wipe is going to be a common thing what with them electrocuting your entire team at once.

Also, with all the complaints about everything stunning stopping ko-ing you constantly, it's nice to see them add a new way to stun-stop-KO you. XD

Edited by Qeveren

I thought they were cute in single player as I never saw one electrocute me. As soon as I joined multiplayer they all started electrocuting and team-wiping us. The extremely long duration coupled with the increased spawn count of the grineer meant we were all dead extremely quickly. The lightning stun isn't a very fun mechanic at all.

I think you my have encountered a bug. I played several missions today with them and I was only stunned in multiplayer.

In solo games the rollermines would stick to me and explode if I didn't detach them fast enough (they come off if you roll), but They never electrostunned me.

My experience so far is not only myself but everyone I have run with dies when hit with this electrocution. THere seems to be no way out of it unless another comes to melee the crap out of you until it drops off. I have lost multiple rejuvinations as when I spawn back in I am immediately hit with electric shock again.

I think its cool but you can't run in solo if this is the case, and if it is just simply bugged then man it needs to be hotfixed ASAP.

Yeah, I've had the endless electrocution bug happen to me as well. The mechanics of getting the seeker thingies off your teammates need to be refined because I've spent 15 seconds just trying to melee one of the damn things off of a teammate to no avail. They're almost as good as dead.

Make them easier to shoot or highlight where they are on your teammate's body or something?

I think you my have encountered a bug. I played several missions today with them and I was only stunned in multiplayer.

In solo games the rollermines would stick to me and explode if I didn't detach them fast enough (they come off if you roll), but They never electrostunned me.

There's two types. red ones stick, blow up and are dashable. Blue ones electrostun you to death unless a teammate (or lucky enemy shot) removes them.

Ok just now i began to hate these things.

So im playing with Frost aka The Slowman and i cant run away from these things..... Frost is just too slow. I only have a 7.7% Sprint speed mod but a better mod is just going to delay whats going to happen when you run out of stamina.

These things are just going to be very annoying to slow frames.

Aren't they using a Kraken?

As for the endless electrocution issue, seems like a bug to me.

Yes they're using a Kraken. If you look at the Kraken's stats (50 dmg per bullet) and its doubleshot ability, you'll see why i said their gun damage is really high. I once got hit by one after my shields went down. Almost an instant 80-90 damage. Though i was using a Volt (whose base armor beyond sucks) with maybe an added total of 100 armor through mods, so if you're a Rhino or has better armor mods they probably aren't as much of a problem.

And judging by all of the replies on this thread, i'm guessing the Seeker won't throw the taser balls in singleplayer, meaning that the infinite stun by taser balls that require a teammate to remove may actually be intentional...which is very worrying.

P.S. The red balls that stick to you and explode are called Latchers. I managed to see its name after one got stuck on environment.