The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Black and Grey Striped screen 2/27/2019

Machiia_III

A Black and Grey Horizontally Striped screen is the first thing I see before my monitor shuts off and I have to restart my computer to use it again. 

SOLVED! You have to delete the Warframe folder in AppData and it seems to work.

I load up warframe, press play, and I am taken to the loading screen. As soon as it loads to go to the sign in screen, I get a black and grey screen flash right before my monitor looses connection. The only way to gain control of my monitor after this point seems to be restarting my computer. As such I've restarted it several times and even ran it as my only program and still no luck. I've played warframe on this computer numerous times before but this has happened ever since the unveiling of the Nightwave quest.

Computer specs:

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

Edited by Machiia_III
Solved

Can try other games, benchmarks, or stress testing program like Furmark to see if the computer dies from other ways.

A computer part, probably graphics card, might be dying or failing, and might require a new graphics card. Can open the computer to see the available power supply.

If going for new graphics card, NVidia GT 1050 4GB or AMD RX 550 4GB, both don't need any 6-pin / 8 pin PCI-E power. More powerful graphics card requires 6 pin or 8 pin power that requires stronger 600 watts or higher power supply with 6 pin or 8 pin PCI-E power cables.

Note: on-board video will not work with Ryzen 5 1400. For AMD this requires processor graphics, CPU Ryzen "G" models (2200g, 2400g, and more), or older AMD APU cpu.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Machiia_III said:

A Black and Grey Horizontally Striped screen is the first thing I see before my monitor shuts off and I have to restart my computer to use it again. 

You should check the Windows Event Viewer and see if it has anything. Have a look immediately after this happens. This could give some idea of what the problem was.

• Try and review the EE.log file at the same time. It might have something too.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, sam686 said:

Can try other games, benchmarks, or stress testing program like Furmark to see if the computer dies from other ways. 

I can play games like the witcher 3 pretty fine and the Furmark stress testing program did not crash my computer even after 5 mins of use. If I still have this crash in a week, I'll take your advice and buy a new card.

15 hours ago, krc473 said:

You should check the Windows Event Viewer and see if it has anything. Have a look immediately after this happens. This could give some idea of what the problem was.

I don't know what I'm looking for. As soon as the warframe screen loads my computer monitor turns off. My eyes aren't fast enough to check a Event viewer and a EE.log for things that don't belong when I have about 1.5 secs from when warframe finished loading to the crash. Is there something i'm not getting?

35 minutes ago, Machiia_III said:

Is there something i'm not getting?

Yes. Both of these can be viewed once the PC has been restarted.

EE.log location: C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Local   -- this is a hidden location. View it and it might have some information.

The event viewer is found by hitting the Windows Search and typing "view event logs". You then just need to find what corresponds to the time of the issue. If you do not know what the error means (likely the case), Google can generally provide an answer and solution.