Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cannot use the app whilst in-game

So, this never used to be the case, but seems to have been present since the app got its redesign (going from navigating around the Orbiter to the menu system).

Whenever I log onto the app, I always get this warning: https://imgur.com/a/Cqj1lG6

I don’t know if this issue is an all platform thing or if it’s a problem exclusive to PS4, but it’s baffling that simply being logged into a companion app can halt all saves of your account when you’re  actually in play. I’ve never seen any other companion app have this problem.

Surely there’s a way to fix this? I assumed it would be patched a while ago, but it’s been several months with nothing, so I thought I’d make this post.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (PS4)doctor_em-15 said:

So, this never used to be the case, but seems to have been present since the app got its redesign (going from navigating around the Orbiter to the menu system).

Whenever I log onto the app, I always get this warning: https://imgur.com/a/Cqj1lG6

I don’t know if this issue is an all platform thing or if it’s a problem exclusive to PS4, but it’s baffling that simply being logged into a companion app can halt all saves of your account when you’re  actually in play. I’ve never seen any other companion app have this problem.

Surely there’s a way to fix this? I assumed it would be patched a while ago, but it’s been several months with nothing, so I thought I’d make this post.

Because you can perform in-game actions such as building things in you foundry they block being able to log in with both to avoid conflicting actions.

On 2019-03-01 at 12:31 PM, Shalath said:

Because you can perform in-game actions such as building things in you foundry they block being able to log in with both to avoid conflicting actions.

But again, this still was a feature of the app for years without a conflict of logins between the app and game. Not to mention that there are dozens of game companion apps released each year (for example the RDR2 app) that allow you to directly interface with the game (in RDR2’s case, you can view your location in the map, set waypoints, and make purchases from the app that then are delivered in-game). Because of both these, there’s no reason the app couldn’t avoid conflicting actions and still allow logins in both devices.

• 2 weeks later...