The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game always freezes after open world sessions

mega_lova_nia

My game will always freeze or loads for a really really long time after an open world session whether it's from fortuna or cetus, even with potato graphics. Not to mention it lags heavily when loading the free roam area for the first time. Are there any ways to fix this?

Edited by mega_lova_nia

2 hours ago, mega_lova_nia said:

My game will always freeze or loads for a really really long time after an open world session whether it's from fortuna or cetus, even with potato graphics. Not to mention it lags heavily when loading the free roam area for the first time. Are there any ways to fix this?

Give your pc specs.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Graphics card : NVIDIA GeForce 940M 2GB vram

and what i mean by potato graphics are 50% resolution scale and 800x600 resolution

Edited by mega_lova_nia
  • Like 1

Your processor is definitely too weak. Even though it's from powerful i7 series, it's 'U' unit, meaning 'ultravoltage', which means that it's performance is meant to be seriously capped in comparison with other i7 counterparts. To be honest, this processor is a potato, and the devs seems to have forgotten to update their minimum requirements because I have processor of similar crappy performance, although technically it's way better than minimum requirements. I also cannot run Fortuna open map at all. It crashes every time as well there. Here you can see the comparison with mine processor (and how bad it is): https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-4510U-vs-AMD-Athlon-II-X4-645/m10660vsm2408

If the processor or RAM is being used at 100% of its power/capacity and still cannot keep up with the game, it might crash. That's how it works.

Edited by Szszymon14
Forgot to put the link

21 hours ago, mega_lova_nia said:

When you first enter a location Warframe will compile the shaders for that location, and save them to your hard drive. If you hop in and out of that location, Warframe will retrieve the shaders from the hard drive instead of compiling them on the CPU over again. So in the long run, the solution is deemed preferable. But it does leave you having to put up with that initial compile.

As for the load times, not sure. If your RAM usage continues to go up, and the used memory is never free'd, you could have a memory leak.

If you use Warframe's in-game stats Warframe will track warframes own 'heap' (which is the memory warframe itself is using). If this goes up, and never returns, then submitting an EE.log to support should get a fix fairly quickly. If windows reports memory going up, but never going back to normal then it may be a driver issue.

On 2019-02-28 at 9:22 PM, mega_lova_nia said:

or loads for a really really long time after an open world session whether it's from fortuna or cetus

Was this in solo mode, or were you host in multiplayer squad?

In multiplayer squad, the host (player 1) is slowed down, waiting for all other clients to finish returning to Fortuna/Cetus, sometimes taking a long time, too long that I just leave squad. Slow return as a host in squads might be from other player's computer, not you.

On 2019-02-28 at 9:22 PM, mega_lova_nia said:

My game will always freeze .... Not to mention it lags heavily when loading the free roam area for the first time.

Which storage device you have? Faster SSD is preferred, but changing internal storage requires data transfer or re-install operating system.

Is shader cache on in Nvidia control panel? Off will cause lag/stutter problem to happen every time. Shader cache on is good, limits this from happening to 1 or 2 times for each location.

• 2 weeks later...

i have checked for memory leaks, and it seems there aren't any. Shader cache is on but the lag is still there. I tried going solo multiple times, but the problems still presist. Does that really mean it's because of my computer specs, or are there any workarounds?