Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Nightwave Standing a Cap, But Have More Varity in How You Get Standing

GinKenshin

One of the complaints I’m seeing about NW is that you have to do certain things in order to get the standing you need, stuff like doing eidolons or sorties...etc that not everyone can do or enjoys

What I suggest is to have a cap for how much standing you get each week, but add a lot more tasks that the players can do to get to that cap 

For example, currently we have 10 tasks, one of which is daily. It’ll give you let’s say 15k each week if you do all of them. 

I suggest we make a 15k cap each week for NW standing, but make it have 20-ish tasks for us to get that standing in different ways, since each player has different ways to enjoy and play the game, thus the game should accommodate that variety. You still need to do the same amount of tasks, you’ll just have more variety at what tasks you can do

Lemme know what you guys think of this or how to improve this 

Edited by GinKenshin

This sounds like a great idea, having options for how a given player wants to earn their way up the ranks is always a good thing and if this means capping the progress so people cant finish the whole thing in one week then that seems fine too, maybe double the cap so that people can game harder on a weekend when they have more time and then not be able to play much the next week? a little flexibility goes a long way. 

Hm, so first, people complain about having caps on everything, DE gives us something that DOESN'T have a cap and now people start ASKING for a cap? Am I missing something here?

I mean, I get it, there is bound to be one or two acts you have to do to get standing that you won't like, but exactly why do we have to have a cap on the Nightwave thingymajig as well just because of them possibly adding more possible acts for us to do? Why can't they just add more options without any downside? I'd rather just bite the bullet or just...you know...NOT do that one act I don't enjoy doing instead of getting yet another cap.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DJ_Vauban said:

Hm, so first, people complain about having caps on everything, DE gives us something that DOESN'T have a cap and now people start ASKING for a cap? Am I missing something here?

I mean, I get it, there is bound to be one or two acts you have to do to get standing that you won't like, but exactly why do we have to have a cap on the Nightwave thingymajig as well just because of them possibly adding more possible acts for us to do? Why can't they just add more options without any downside? I'd rather just bite the bullet or just...you know...NOT do that one act I don't enjoy doing instead of getting yet another cap.

The cap is already there, it’s 7 dailies each week and 9 (iirc) weeklies, you can get more than a certain amount currently anyway 

I proposed a cap to counter the fact that I’m asking for the tasks to get doubled for variety’s-sake. I probably should’ve explained it better but yeah.. 

7 hours ago, DJ_Vauban said:

This.

For years the players have asked for no cap because as boring as getting standing is, having to wait longer to get more is even more h*cking boring.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

This.

For years the players have asked for no cap because as boring as getting standing is, having to wait longer to get more is even more h*cking boring.

like I said, you're gonna wait the same amount of time like you do now, it's just a safety net to counter me suggesting more tasks, it's gonna be just as it does now, you'll just have more variety in what tasks you do. reading again please >.>