Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Guiding Player With a Smarter Purpose

ssh83

I really like the random fugitive spawns.  It makes the missions feel dynamic and less predictable.  It's also 100% optional so it won't break the game if people don't do it.  Small but perfect.

In terms of these weekly tasks though, it should be done smarter.  Nightwave has a design function to funnel player toward doing specific things at the same time.  So I'd like to see DE see the bigger picture to achieve bonus benefits. 

For example, it's almost impossible for new player to farm Atlas because nobody does that mission.  So... maybe Nightwave can put a bounty on Jordas Golem.  However, if it's a weekly quest that is dropped at the start of the week... everyone will rush to do it day 1 and it's still fairly tough to get group for the rest of the week.  Instead, maybe it is a 48-hr quest for 5,000 points on day 1, then again at day 6.

Edited by ssh83

Please no, it's bad enough being funnelled into specific tasks let alone specific missions, at least the current system lets up pick the location or bounty in most cases. 

I've also carried plenty of my clan though jordas golem as I was the only one who'd levelled up the gear for it, all that will happen if you stick a mission like that as a weekly task is the newbies will get carried by the experienced players, actually they'll likely hold the experienced players up and the newbies won't learn anything about the mission because it will be over before they know what to do.  They'll then rinse and repeat until they get the parts rather than 'getting better' at it themselves, some of those I've carried through the mission still haven't levelled up their archwing gear and that's year(s) later. 

Also it's not like we can get the bp to build atlas again either so we'd be doing something with no intention other than basically filling a node for newbies (if they're lucky to get in the group) and 5k standing..

Edited by LSG501