Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Im Disapointed About Update 10

Lordmotav

I was super excited about Update 10. But then I found out:

1) All the Mutagen smaples have been moved to the new tileset. Any of them that were around before are now Fieldrons. Because Fieldrons make sense to drop from Infested planets. Totally. Now any new clans wanting to start the older research has to farm the Derelict set harder than existing ones do.

2) The Derelict set itself is annoying to get to. 10k+ a BP to find out that SPECIFIC items drop sometimes maybe out of crates only in OLDER missions. Granted it's KIND OF a credit dump which we needed, but not like this. I wanted to see the new content today! NOT FARM ALL THE OLD CONTENT SOME MORE. Literally all of the new "content" is shoved in here. Nekros has to be farmed here. Materials for him, farmed here. Materials for new weapons, farmed here. Materials just to research, now moved only to be farmed here. So you have to farm so you can farm again. ...yes DE that's definitely not repetitive sounding at all. Definitely what I wanted to do upon logging in at my first look at the new update.

3) Scarves in the marketplace have NO preview at all. Ok let me rephrase that, you get to see a warframe head with about 6 inches of the tippy top of the scarf as a preview if you want one. If I wanted a scarf, why do I have to use Google images or Youtube to check it out before I buy it?

4) Stamina changes, theyre bad. Theres 2 or 3 other topics on the first page going into massive detail. Just read those. I dont find melee very appealing and the knowledge on it is limited to me.

5) The update was supposed to give me a good motivation to log on, instead now I feel like I have a massive to do list. Most of it involving farming because no, I am not buying almost a thousand platinum to forget all that farming MESS I have to deal with.

Plus side: UI changes. Finally. Glad I dont have to wikl my weapons to review the base stats all the time anymore. I dont know what on earth the conclaves number is for, but heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Also people can duel outside of clans now. Good for them. I didnt like it, but good for them!

Happy birthday to me yayyyyy >.<

Youre damn right. Even if i bought Nekros because i had some platin left i got from some game magazines codes (It didnt cost me a dime), iam disappointed. DE said Warframe is no PvP game but they add PvP content. They say they will reduce grinding but they just add a horrible grindfest to get Nekros. And dont get me started on the stamina changes ...

Edited by corpseshock

Youre damn right. Even if i bought Nekros because i had some platin left i got from some game magazines codes (It didnt cost me a dime), iam disappointed. DE said Warframe is no PvP game but they add PvP content. They say they will reduce grinding but they just add a horrible grindfest to get Nekros. And dont get me started on the stamina changes ...

To be fair, the pvp content is simply dueling. And as far as I know, you dont unlock anything by doing it. It's there for people who want to do it, but not forced upon us, which IS a good thing.

Until they add a gladiator frame with pvp weapons. Then it'll be bad.

I was super excited about Update 10. But then I found out:

1) All the Mutagen smaples have been moved to the new tileset. Any of them that were around before are now Fieldrons. Because Fieldrons make sense to drop from Infested planets. Totally. Now any new clans wanting to start the older research has to farm the Derelict set harder than existing ones do.

2) The Derelict set itself is annoying to get to. 10k+ a BP to find out that SPECIFIC items drop sometimes maybe out of crates only in OLDER missions. Granted it's KIND OF a credit dump which we needed, but not like this. I wanted to see the new content today! NOT FARM ALL THE OLD CONTENT SOME MORE. Literally all of the new "content" is shoved in here. Nekros has to be farmed here. Materials for him, farmed here. Materials for new weapons, farmed here. Materials just to research, now moved only to be farmed here. So you have to farm so you can farm again. ...yes DE that's definitely not repetitive sounding at all. Definitely what I wanted to do upon logging in at my first look at the new update.

3) Scarves in the marketplace have NO preview at all. Ok let me rephrase that, you get to see a warframe head with about 6 inches of the tippy top of the scarf as a preview if you want one. If I wanted a scarf, why do I have to use Google images or Youtube to check it out before I buy it?

4) Stamina changes, theyre bad. Theres 2 or 3 other topics on the first page going into massive detail. Just read those. I dont find melee very appealing and the knowledge on it is limited to me.

5) The update was supposed to give me a good motivation to log on, instead now I feel like I have a massive to do list. Most of it involving farming because no, I am not buying almost a thousand platinum to forget all that farming MESS I have to deal with.

Plus side: UI changes. Finally. Glad I dont have to wikl my weapons to review the base stats all the time anymore. I dont know what on earth the conclaves number is for, but heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Also people can duel outside of clans now. Good for them. I didnt like it, but good for them!

Happy birthday to me yayyyyy >.<

I didnt read all sorry, had no time, but reading the first you post: fieldron samples make more sense being drop from infested. I think thats and update an evolution. Is just I have the inverse problem of you I have alot of samples in my stock and i dotn know what to do with them! IF I COULD GIVE YOU SOME I would make it without fault. The problem here again is GIVE US A @(*()&#036; TRADING SYSTEM!!!

I didnt read all sorry, had no time, but reading the first you post: fieldron samples make more sense being drop from infested. I think thats and update an evolution. Is just I have the inverse problem of you I have alot of samples in my stock and i dotn know what to do with them! IF I COULD GIVE YOU SOME I would make it without fault. The problem here again is GIVE US A @(*()$ TRADING SYSTEM!!!

And how exactly do they make more sense? How would a technolaser bit make more sense coming from an Infested level than a lump of biomass? No no PLEASE Id love to hear the rationalization behind it. Just because you have a million mutagen samples doesnt mean everyone else does. I have enough to finish my Acrid. That's IT. Now if I want any more (even for other not new weapons) I have to farm the old areas to go into the new areas to farm them some more. HOW IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE FUN?

Edited by Lordmotav

so you want all of the content shoved to your face in 2 hours and then you'd abandon the game again until the next update? You're missing the point people, mmo's are supposed to have content that is hard to reach.

Youre missing the point. Its not "hard" or a "challenge". It's a grind. It's literally forcing you to do what you were doing before so you can go play in the new area. I wouldnt mind a lot of the changes... except they completely locked off the new area. Which BY THE WAY, if you havent been there the place is bugged as all hell. (getting stuck, random misison failing, etc) So youre grinding what you were grinding before to grind some more.

The whole POINT of an update is to release new playable content. Instead, all the people giving DE money via platinum purchases are playing with the content instead, and I have to bang my head against a couple hundred crates just to look at it.