The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Orokin Derelict Trees & Crashes

CitizenV

Right, could you guys post your specs and which drivers you're using? The devs could possibly use that info.

An OC'd Intel C2D E4300 and AMD HD5450 running Catalyst 12.19 will suffer a Hardware Failure with DX11 and Multi-Threaded Rendering enabled in the Orokin Derelict.

Edited by Rengakun

To make it worst, whenever it crashes, it won't let me play Warframe anymore because Steam thinks that Warframe is still running and I have no choice but to reset the computer to play Warframe again.

Ctrl+Alt+Del

Start the Task Manager, go into the Processes tab, find Warframe.exe, click it, and finally, click End Process. You should be able to run it again without restarting.

Edited by Rengakun

Warframe used to be pretty stable for me - the occasional crash on 50th wave of Xini with old Saryn Venom etc. However, my PC is now frequently crashing in the orokin derelicts. I'm sitting on over 30 crashes now and cannot submit anything to the warframe servers, it always fails. Most of the time when it "crashes", the window is minimized to the desktop, and I can still hear myself running around and using abilities, shooting etc, but I can't maximize again. If I try to, the game crashes and displays the "Display driver has stopped and recovered."

Specifications:

Intel core i3-2120 3.3Ghz

8GB DDR3 RAM

nVIDIA Geforce GT630

64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

Running highest specs at 1080p res.

I consequently turned PhysX off, and changed to Border-less Window which seemed to give a slight improvement. Multi-threading is a disaster on my rig and causes it to crash more frequently.

Edited by djbazzsta

Same issue here, with an ATI Radeon Sapphire 6570 card. I bricked out once in the middle of an assassination mission, and then just now when spawning into an exterminate mission.

Hoping DX11 going off fixes it, but it's still a nasty, menacing problem to have when your graphics card gives out.

Well i have a Sapphire 7750 OC 850Mhz edition.

I am doing only Orokin derelict with Dx11 activated, and the game is crashing.

Turned the Dx11 off and Ta-DA!

The game is running fine.

(i've lost 16 Golem Coordinates because of this bug)

DE!!! Dx11 Bugs!!!!

Multi thread appears to be not the bug, using Dx9 and the game is running fine.

and yes, this bug happens only on Orokin Derelict on my PC.

Crash in ODA. 5+ times. If I avoid the new secret room ( where typically nova and wormhole is best, by that elevator, with the energy generators) I rarely crash. Every single time I go into that room, and I slide under the tree's for the new secret area, I crash. Every time. I just simply refuse to run ODA. I have my nekros, but now the best way to farm Orokin Cells is completely unplayable. I do not feel like setting up a party for 5-10 minutes, run the mission, and 15+ minutes into the mission crash. It is a complete waste of time.

DX 11 and turning it off did nothing. Multi core rendering both on and off has done nothing. It is shoddy mapping in the OD with regards to clipping through objects. The game then hangs as if it just tried to simulate a nuclear reactor and crashes.

Edited by mhigh

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

We have just added a new option to disable runtime tessellation for DirectX 11. There is a good chance that this will alleviate the problems that some of you have been seeing in the Orokin Derelict. If any of you would be willing to enable DirectX 11 again and then disable tessellation via. the in-game Options menu we would really appreciate any and all feedback that you can give.

I am going to post this in many of the threads that mention Derelict performance however please do not mistake this for an automated message. We have been digging through all of your performance posts and we take them very seriously. I am only posting this across the board so that we can get as many eyes on it as possible.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and I hope this change can improve everyone's time with Warframe.