The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave = endless, inane MMORPG -style tasks

Enialyx

4 minutes ago, MajFauxPas said:

@OP: I see your point and I agree to a small extent, but I have not felt more "grind" in Nightwave than I have for things like Gunblade stance farming or Tellurium farming. In otherwords, I find Nightwave to be fairly easy compared to the rest of the stuff I'm trying to do in Warframe. Nightwave does require time investment and specific kit/weapon/damage types, but can be done simultaneously while doing other things around the starmap, which makes it awesome. Two rewards for the price of one. Except for the Kuva 60 minute survival w/ no life support... that I'm passing on. 😄

So far the rewards are good, but honestly, less potatoes I see. Much less. GFTL only happened once last week that I saw, as invasion reward. Of course, I missed it since I completed only one round before the invasion went 100% corpus and disappeared 😞

I do miss alerts. They are fun, fast, easy, But, I'm spending more time on void fissures and caches, so... it's a chance to do other things!

I'd agree with you... if nightwave were not a timed event, you can farm tellurium today, or you can farm tellurium next year, the only difference is when are you going to get the reward.

With nightwave you do it now, or don't bother doing it at all.

Edited by Kuldor

21 minutes ago, Kuldor said:

I'd agree with you... if nightwave were not a timed event, you can farm tellurium today, or you can farm tellurium next year, the only difference is when are you going to get the reward.

With nightwave you do it now, or don't bother doing it at all.

You're right, which makes Nightwave seem like a huge time investment to me, rather than quick individual rewards.

Unless it goes on so long that everyone has time to get the rewards... and we either forget about alerts or want them back badly.

BTW I actually did buy a potato with my Nightwave cred... so that's nice. 

You know if i wanted a chore to do to get some progress in a game i would go back to wow and do there weeklys and dailys, thats one of the reasons i left- this brings back a memory of a quest in wow to get 1 silver back gorilla hair which took 6 hours of doing nothing but killing the same monster, and thats how this nightwave makes me feel. What makes it worse is the melee update i was a primary melee user for my inaros but i can no longer play melee since it is so broken

Am 3.3.2019 um 16:59 schrieb Enialyx:

Everyone hates these kind of "quests" in MMORPGs

I don't. argument already invalid.
DE brought this new mechanic to get rid of time-based alerts.
Back in the old days of being mastery 6-8 i was so upset about Vauban being constantly on alert while it was out of the house. Now i heard from clan mates the same thing about Nitain. This new system is extremely player-friendly if you just put some effort in.